Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do y’all remember E-Gate Farming? TBT

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

this was around the time I started warframe , people use to do this exploit all the time to get the resources they needed. It was dull and boring but it also was satisfying in a way & I wanted to ask the other old heads here, do you miss it at all ? Like honestly. 

Of course this kind of gameplay is toxic to a games survival & community . I’m not denying that, it’s just that I feel like this was the apex of farming, and it has never been then same since this exploit/method was nerfed.

I remember doing e gate for the rare core hoarding with a mag/banshee etc set up, I think. 

Unless I'm thinking of another node. Might've been a resource benefit too. 

Good times though. 

Edited by Valiant

You can still do it, provided you know what "mission progression" really means and in what ways can the mission progress to cause spawns

The reason no one does it is because it's very stressfull for 1 player in the squad and it becomes discouraging, after 15 minutes you're pretty much done

Edited by KIREEK

Friend straight got banned for it actually. I was a subreddit moderator at the time so when talking in a group chat about it we ended up having rebecca spectate a farming session of egate to see how jacked the numbers you could get were. He got unbanned 20 minutes later.

Bold claim i know given the reddit account is now deleted but I thought it was a pretty amusing story to look back on anyways.

Edited by Annnoth

and to think, this was considered paultry by Viver standards.

Anyone got a video of that broken mag + trin + nekky combo on the Xini map? Want some nostalgia, we used to pick up approx 2k MODS from 4 rounds of interception you'd run round each wave and the mods wouldn't stop showing up until the end of the following round, peoples PC's completely lagged out with the sheeeeeer volume of mods they were picking up from the mob spawns, they had to nerf mags SP (she was god tier with anything with a sheild drone) the mod spawns which is why we literally now have mods which will despawn / pop together when you hit the cap, and why things like interception spawns and timers were completely overhauled.

Wouldn't have changed it for the world, but alas it was broken as all hell, still....

"...Misty water coloured mem'ries..."

8 minutes ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

and to think, this was considered paultry by Viver standards.

Anyone got a video of that broken mag + trin + nekky combo on the Xini map? Want some nostalgia, we used to pick up approx 2k MODS from 4 rounds of interception you'd run round each wave and the mods wouldn't stop showing up until the end of the following round, peoples PC's completely lagged out with the sheeeeeer volume of mods they were picking up from the mob spawns, they had to nerf mags SP (she was god tier with anything with a sheild drone) the mod spawns which is why we literally now have mods which will despawn / pop together when you hit the cap, and why things like interception spawns and timers were completely overhauled.

Wouldn't have changed it for the world, but alas it was broken as all hell, still....

"...Misty water coloured mem'ries..."

Ah yes. Completely breaking a number of warframes for a long time until they finally got los working, butchering a game mode for a bit for solo players because of the changes they had to make. 

Remember when enemies wouldnt have line of sight just cause they were turned away or just decided not to be.

I don't miss this type of 'gameplay' at all, if it can even be called that. This kind of farming has to easily be the most mind-numbing experience in anything ever. Some people even set up macros to fully automate it, so they can watch shows on a second monitor or w/e. It really does highlight some of the major problems Warframe still currently deals with.