Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If DE one day decide to go full EA, will you stay or go?

12 hours ago, T.Hoagie said:

Well, it really doesn't matter at this point if I got false info or not. Games dead and gone, and sadly isn't coming back. And even if it did, I would have to get a really good look at the system before I decide if its as messed up as it came across or not.

I mean really, I had some really powerful builds that I put a lot of work into. Summoner Doom, Basic Soldier Cap, Dash@Blast Silver Surfer. And a bunch of others out of all those heroes and villains.

Great...now I miss my Randy Savage Juggernaut build.

I miss my summoner Doom, especially the hybrid version that was possible after BUE, same with my Ultron.

However I miss playable Carnage and Rocket the most. My lovely little psychopaths.

Edited by SneakyErvin

This will not happen, as long as DE has the current owners and for a good business reasons. Warframe reputation is built around being a fair free-to-play with no loot boxes. It is ingrained into the business model. And as far as I can tell, it works, considering Warframe started as a niche project with small dev team. Now it is a major contender in the MMO shooter market.

This would only happen if DE is sold. And even then, changing the business model is a very high risk, considering the current one works well.

And since you brought EA, they did not understand anything about the market or game play, hence Anthem failed. Activision and Bungie split, for many reasons, but it is clear Activision could not make it work either. Border Lands 3, while is some what successful, is not exactly a smashing success it was touted. And the Division 2, while successful, is not exactly owning the market. The point is, having a big publisher is unlikely to improve anything for Warframe, since it is already there.

13 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I miss my summoner Doom, especially the hybrid version that was possible after BUE, same with my Ultron.

However I miss playable Carnage and Rocket the most. My lovely little psychopaths.

I forgot about Ultron being in the game as a playable character, had him, forgot about him.

I saw that they made Carnage playable, that was really weird to me, even with the backstory that he got changed into a good guy by magic or something. I mean its CARNAGE, him and "good" are like an oxymoron at minimum.

I love parts of this game, and support it monetarily. But there are a few things DE could (but hopefully never will) do that would make me walk away. The main ones being what Blizzard is currently doing with China censorship, or not providing free paths to new content; nothing could possibly make up for any of those. What they did with providing free ways to get the Mod Drop Chance Booster is a good sign they probably won't any time soon.

So yeah, if Railjack got paywalled, or "surprise mechanics" became a significant part of the game, that'd be a very sad goodbye. I'm honestly most worried about the censorship thing. I like to believe DE will do the right thing and take a stand for free speech against oppression.