Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If DE one day decide to go full EA, will you stay or go?

Perhaps I'm overthinking this, but seeing how things go, it's very tempting to put as much as possible for revenue.

Let's say, DE go full EA and bungie one day, with :

- Mandatory DLC purchase for content, means Empyrean, The New War, and upcoming contents are behind paywall

- Lots of lootboxes added as surprise mechanics for upgrades and such

- Premium paid content/season pass for events and nightwave, means some of the best skins and things are locked behind season passes

- More massive grinding where you need to spend weeks or months to get something (remember wisp or fulmin where you only need a few hundred when you get them in two digits amount from just one enemy or locker? Now you need thousands and only get them in quantity of no more than 5. You can buy though)

For the offset, there are some things you get since DE has manners and things :

- Contents are double, sometimes tripled in frequency and amount

- There are so many sustainable content (read : endless grinding) that you will never be able to gobble them down, even when you play 24/7/365 (10% free, the rest is paid)

- Higher quality in all aspects, from graphics to gameplay

- Smoother content release, means they will set a date and release on said date, even a day earlier with no bugs at all

- So many endgame that even with your best gear you will never run out of endgame and you won't be able to roll through it without any struggle like many people claim so there's endless difficulty and challenge (locked behind DLC of course)

- Many dedicated servers scattered on every inch of the world, ensuring you will never have more than 100 ms ping (requires server pass)

If DE walk down this path one day, will you stay, or go?

Edited by 844448
Should mention bungie with their new game model too

vor 7 Minuten schrieb 844448:

- Many dedicated servers scattered on every inch of the world, ensuring you will never have more than 100 ms ping (requires server pass)

And if the income is not to there liking they shut servers down. That is the EA way. Close DE down as daughter company they buyed and Warframe dies slowly like Anthem?

Just now, Marine027 said:

And if the income is not to there liking they shut servers down. That is the EA way. Close DE down as daughter company they buyed and Warframe dies slowly like Anthem?

They go down the EA way, not bought by EA so they have the servers

There isn't much chance of it. Even though Warframe has changed leaps and bounds it is a very dated game. 

DLC  Purchase won't make much sense because it divides the community. EA it self has moved away from that policy as you can see in Battlefront 2 where all maps are released to everyone.

We actually have lots of Lootboxes and Surprise mechanics already. That is what Relics \ Caches are.
Also every map is based on RNG reward system.

Garunteed item for some drops is about 500 attempts already. So we already have heavy grind. ( Keeping in mind Garunteed doesn't mean same as the chance to get it - most people get it within 50 ) 

What kind of dumbass question is that? "If the worst case scenario were to happen, would you stay?" 

No, of course not, I'm not under any battered housewife delusions, and sunk cost means nothing to me and keeping me around a game who makes collosal mistakes. And throwing in "but content all day would happen" would never happen in that scenario realistically. I don't see any of the latest EA games brimming with new content, they just pump out rehash sequels at $60 a pop, $120 for ultra-super-duper-deluxe, and up to $50 microtransactions, and call it a day.

Edited by so_many_watermelons
  • Like 32

Just now, Renegade343 said:

Nope. Every game company's relatively a saint now, ever since the sh!t Blizzard pulled currently.

Wait, I don't remember what they pulled to get that much flak outside "Don't you guys have phones?"

2 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Nope. Every game company's relatively a saint now, ever since the sh!t Blizzard pulled currently.

Oh remember this company is owned by owners of Epic Games Store wich u probably buy stuff from:D

Just now, 844448 said:

Have you tried looting the crates and lockers before? I took countless newbies and we get enough materials in a run or two

I don't mean by resources tho.

Just now, 844448 said:

What grind though? Since other online games I play have way more grind than this, even worse so I don't feel any grind in warframe

New player grind.Overral quantity over quality.While game flourish graphically by gameplay is in slow decay

Just now, Syq111 said:

New player grind.Overral quantity over quality.While game flourish graphically by gameplay is in slow decay

Honestly, the new player grind is not any worse, even I can say it's very spoiling considering how easy you get things if you take your time instead of rushing like a headless chicken

Trust me, the new player grind was way worse back then on 2014 where you get nothing explained, just your character kneeling down and a miniature of our solar system with no tutorial or quest whatsoever so it need to open every single menu button to understand. You guys are having it too nicely nowadays

3 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Honestly, the new player grind is not any worse, even I can say it's very spoiling considering how easy you get things if you take your time instead of rushing like a headless chicken

Trust me, the new player grind was way worse back then on 2014 where you get nothing explained, just your character kneeling down and a miniature of our solar system with no tutorial or quest whatsoever so it need to open every single menu button to understand. You guys are having it too nicely nowadays

And long story short when that kind of stuff will happen i will just unlink my account and sell it to some moron who will wanna play or give it away

5 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Well, tutorial quest was introduced in mid-2014, so there's that covered.

if DE would choose to change their monetization and other business practices to the likes of EA or any other unethical company
I would go since that would mean the DE I know and love no longer exists

that said
I trust DE will do whatever it is to prevent something like that from happening

I dont know any DE members personally but what Ive seen 6-7 years of devstreams,player interactions, other streams,tweets,updates and other media from devs
also fantastic customer service over the years I think all of them have their heart in the right place

on final note I also think theres always room for improvement on that matter
warframe and DE are no exceptions
Prime access and platinum prices have been under critique for a long time for steep prices

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Perhaps I'm overthinking this, but seeing how things go, it's very tempting to put as much as possible for revenue.

You're over thinking.

DE is a very humble team of developers. While there's plenty of advertising for their game, which is how you get more people to your game, they pretty much set the best F2P image of game genres out there. And they are good at it. You won't find people lacking in support for this game and keeping it alive so they will never have to become greedy.

They are doing what they love and are passionate about. With our support, it makes it all possible and I 100% believe they will keep on doing what they love, like they are. They are not a dev studio with deadlines made by publishers like EA since every publisher they went to, rejected their idea.

• Like 2