Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fastest way to get to old mate for solaris?

Monad0ny

54 minutes ago, SuperUltra19 said:

title says it all. I really want to start profit taker.

Everything everyone said here, and a bit more:
Get your mastery rank UP.
Every MR adds 1k to your daily standing cap.

So run kubrodon lure+pheremone for capping daily SU standing in 20 mins.. upto 28k a day for MR27 players....
You'll need to get Debt Bonds for ranking up. You can farm those on bounties. Use the wiki to see how many you will need, and do bounties BEFORE farming conservation. OR you can buy em from Ticker, but buying at the last moment wont be enough. Buy out Ticker everyday. But it'll drain creds and resources. You can do bounties until you have the bonds.

Conservation best tbh.

You can also farm Exploiter Orb, if you're strong enough. It can be run under 10 mins.  A resource booster, smeeta (ehh low chance of coinciding but ehh) Weekend Resource Booster, and even Thermia Fracture resource buff all can stack. So look out for that stacking.

Good Luck and godspeed.

Conservation is probably the fastest method especially if you know anyone with the high tier lures. Same goes for fishing and mining if you have resource boosters but I think fishing comes out a bit faster.

Exploiter can work too but I wouldn't recommend it unless you already have Thermia or are willing to make a group for farming fractures.

Bounties are the slowest method but get you the most rewards.

1 hour ago, so_many_watermelons said:

Get someone to drag you into Exploiter Orb runs, get a resource doubler + Smeeta Kavat, and farm the living hell out of her. Gets you a ton of gems AND the highest value Toroid for when you actually unlock Vox Solaris to cap the daily standing easily.

?

Vox solaris is always unlocked, you just have to talk with little duck as operator (unless they've chnged it, because I wasn't old mate with fortuna and was able to build amps from little duck).

4 minutes ago, trst said:

Conservation is probably the fastest method especially if you know anyone with the high tier lures. Same goes for fishing and mining if you have resource boosters but I think fishing comes out a bit faster.

Exploiter can work too but I wouldn't recommend it unless you already have Thermia or are willing to make a group for farming fractures.

Bounties are the slowest method but get you the most rewards.

When Fortuna first launched I went straight for the Kubrodon lure using Equinox to hunt (now nerfed) and my clan mates did mining and fishing. I was finishing my daily cap in under 20 minutes, they were not. Now that they've added pheremones making it an 80% chance of a Kubrodon Incarnadine worth 8k standing each it's become a very obvious choice of what to do to rush it.

7 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

When Fortuna first launched I went straight for the Kubrodon lure using Equinox to hunt (now nerfed) and my clan mates did mining and fishing. I was finishing my daily cap in under 20 minutes, they were not. Now that they've added pheremones making it an 80% chance of a Kubrodon Incarnadine worth 8k standing each it's become a very obvious choice of what to do to rush it.

Yeah but you need to be at old mate to catch Kubrodons in the first place. Having someone else initiate the hunt with their lures lets people without them get the standing. Plus while pheromones are worth the investment they are slowing down one's overall progress if they're trying to rank up as fast as possible.

All that considered fishing and mining are probably faster until hitting rank two or three but those ranks aren't much of a grind anyways.

Edited by trst

3 minutes ago, trst said:

Yeah but you need to be at old mate to catch Kubrodons in the first place. Having someone else initiate the hunt with their lures lets people without them get the standing. Plus while pheromones are worth the investment they are slowing down one's overall progress if they're trying to rank up as fast as possible.

All that considered fishing and mining are probably faster until hitting rank two or three.

I wasn't at old mate when I was catching them, are you quite sure about that? It was literally the first thing I got was the lures. If so they have changed it cos I had it really early upon Fortuna release.

Edited by Zilchy

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

I wasn't at old mate when I was catching them, are you quite sure about that? It was literally the first thing I got was the lures. 

Not sure if it was changed at some point but according to the wiki at least the Kubrodon Lure is locked at Old Mate. And oddly enough it says there aren't any lure unlocks at rank 2.

If they were moved around it was probably when Sawgaws, Horrasques, and Stovers were added.

17 minutes ago, trst said:

Not sure if it was changed at some point but according to the wiki at least the Kubrodon Lure is locked at Old Mate. And oddly enough it says there aren't any lure unlocks at rank 2.

If they were moved around it was probably when Sawgaws, Horrasques, and Stovers were added.

Yeh you're probably right about that. Pretty sure I got the lure when I hit Cove rank.