The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Intermission II

[DE]Helen

Completed it as I wanted the umbra forma but honestly most of the rewards were/are a complete waste of time for someone who completed the other earlier nightwaves.  If DE are going to duplicate rewards this frequently they need to consider an alternative reward for those of us who actually did manage to do the nightwaves the first time round....

Then when you get to rank 30 and end up getting creds instead you find you get the grand total of 15 creds per level.... which really could do with being buffed to 25 or even better 50 creds.  

Now I'm not expecting season 3 for at least another 2 to 3 months if I'm being honest, because DE just haven't set aside the manpower to do anything for it imo, we'd have had some 'leaks' in devstreams etc.  Not to mention everything has been focusing on railjack, even if other things like liches needed some major changes after release, and as we know railjack fixes are 'next' after the christmas break.....  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-01-16 at 6:57 AM, Starkiller867 said:

Is this intermission seriously ever going to end?

Or WHEN will it end?

During the Xmas break we've had some new players coming in and some semi-retired guys returning, and while Railjack is clearly the trigger it might be a good thing to help them with clearing the Nightwave backlog.  IF the current Nightwave will be around for another month or so, otherwise such an effort would be at least partly wasted (if Nightwave suddenly ends in a couple of weeks).

New players need "everything" (🙂), including learning how the Warframe universe works, so while being semi-taxied through Nightwave challenges adds to this knowledge (and to their resource pool) and gets them rewards that might not be available for another year (or ever), their time could be have been spent much better if Nightwave is suddenly cut off before they reach the second half of the reward progression.

Trying to get the rewards (even when starting "too late") and getting help with this challenge from more experienced friends and clan members is a positive experience, but cutting this trajectory off with something like a week's warning ("Nightwave ends next week...") would turn it into a horrible failure, which might even drop them from the game. Getting into Warframe has it's ups and downs (as we all know), and something generating disappointment and (more) frustration isn't what a new player needs.

So please DE, could you give us a date?

And if I missed that there is such a date, thank you very much!!! (and when is it?)

Rank 60 is currently available for Nightwave: Intermission II.

If the current nightwave intermission won't be ending anytime soon, at least please take into account that new items released into the nightwave cred shop will be permanently locked away from players that have already reached rank 60 and spent their earned creds on other stuff from previous weeks. So please don't add anything new to punish the people that have actually been playing the game. ☹️

It'd be nice to not have a hard lock on nightwave rank and nightwave creds if the intermission is just going to remain there for such a long period of time.

• 2 weeks later...

The news panel in your orbiter will notify you a few weeks before the end of the Series.

So I guess it's gonna be at least a few more weeks, since there's no notification there right now.

Why's there a rank limit anyway, I reached max rank this week and now I'll get challenges in my face for weeks but without an actual reward attached to them 😕

If there wasn't a rank limit, everyone would have way too much kuva, which would greatly diminish the risk/reward of rerolling rivens, which could either impact the riven market or provide a huge amount of endo (rerolled rivens sell for more endo, more rerolls, more endo, effectively turning kuva into endo).

Both kuva and endo are normally earned in low quantities, and endo is a market item, wouldn't really make much sense to allow for an endless farm.

4 hours ago, RoninFive said:

If there wasn't a rank limit, everyone would have way too much kuva, which would greatly diminish the risk/reward of rerolling rivens, which could either impact the riven market or provide a huge amount of endo (rerolled rivens sell for more endo, more rerolls, more endo, effectively turning kuva into endo).

Both kuva and endo are normally earned in low quantities, and endo is a market item, wouldn't really make much sense to allow for an endless farm.

So put a hard cap on how much Kuva can be bought. I assume it's not overly difficult, given that they already implemented a level cap.

4 hours ago, Greylock01 said:

So put a hard cap on how much Kuva can be bought. I assume it's not overly difficult, given that they already implemented a level cap.

Potatoes are also sold, and they're also a market item and normally hard to get. You're kind of not getting the point of nightwave. It's to make some things accessible through some "hard" work, not provide an endless farm for everything you want to get. Helmets are market items too. They can't devalue the items by making them so easy to get.

• 8 months later...

I'm glad about the changes done. They improved the basic concept.

The only problem I see is the ranking cap itself. Why must it be limited to rank +60 anyway? It's just a nuisiance for every Player to hold back and be unable to buy Kuva and Nitain, especially since every season and intermission i Played so far feel much longer then anounced.

I see, that we can access market items, but then again.. We have are also limited by the points we can get per week, which is absolutly fine. Well.. Dont implement the glassmaker points per enemy would also save the market value. 

Archived