Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catchmoon is being nerfed...

Psianide73

2 minutes ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

There are primaries that are 30x as powerful. Hell, there are melees that are 100000x more powerful than catchmoon.

Hey, who remembers the OG Tonkor? Back when it had 2 shots, near 0 self damage and more ricochets than a bouncy ball in a shipping container?

Warframe is a game where the player is blessed with hundreds of weapons to choose from. If one of those weapons is used by half the playerbase because it's just that overpowered... Well, history repeats itself, imo for the better

2 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

Glad I never invested in it. Tried it, knew instantly it was going to be hit with the nerf bat in the future, then stopped using it. It was OP from the get-go and even moreso with a riven. What did you think was going to happen? 😄

used to crit 500 to 900k with my catchmoon. Then 3 nerfs later and its 50 to 200k. Still good. But after this patch. Thatd be about 5 to 10k. 

While some other secondaries can barely scrape by 10k at all.

Just now, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Hey, who remembers the OG Tonkor? Back when it had 2 shots, near 0 self damage and more ricochets than a bouncy ball in a shipping container?

Warframe is a game where the player is blessed with hundreds of weapons to choose from. If one of those weapons is used by half the playerbase because it's just that overpowered... Well, history repeats itself, imo for the better

Remember the sonicor? Or nuke Trinity? Those were the good days. Hell, even the void shadow naramon atteraxes. Get a crit, go invis forever.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

used to crit 500 to 900k with my catchmoon. Then 3 nerfs later and its 50 to 200k. Still good. But after this patch. Thatd be about 5 to 10k. 

While some other secondaries can barely scrape by 10k at all.

I don't think they nerfed the damage, just the range and total falloff. I'd need to see the stats or rewatch the primetime again to get a better comprehension of the stats.

Also Prisma Twin Gremlins still exist.

Edited by (XB1)razberryX
  • Like 1

The thing with Warframe as they come out with new weapons all the time and they have hundreds of good weapons so when they Nerf a couple there are plenty of other ones that are still great, so it rarely matters much.

And this goes for warframes as well

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

Just now, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Wait, when did sonicor get hit with the nerfhammer?

It's had quite a journey. It used to be what the Catchmoon is now. Then they nerfed it. Then they buffed it again when The Sacrifice came around, then they nerfed it again when the Fortuna update came around.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

I don't think they nerfed the damage, just the range and total falloff. I'd need to see the stats or rewatch the primetime again to get a better comprehension of the stats.

Also Prisma Twin Gremlins still exist.

I like my gremlins. 

Catchmoon is still busted though.

Edited by (PS4)Tomplexthis

1 minute ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

The thing with Warframe as they come out with new weapons all the time and they have hundreds of good weapons so when they Nerf a couple there are plenty of other ones that are still great, so it rarely matters much

Historically they've only ever nerfed weapons that have been genuinely overpowered and broken. Sometimes this is as a result of DE implementing a weapon where after the fact you just have to ask "what were they thinking?" like pre-patch telos boltace

Just now, (XB1)razberryX said:

It's had quite a journey. It used to be what the Catchmoon is now. Then they nerfed it. Then they buffed it again when The Sacrifice came around, then they nerfed it again when the Fortuna update came around.

I used to use nothing but sonicor.

But its changed too much to be enjoyable like it used to be.

Just now, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

I used to use nothing but sonicor.

But its changed too much to be enjoyable like it used to be.

Again, this is what's happening to the Catchmoon. Why are you asking it to be nerfed if you like it that much. Bruh just get a crit/status zaw and do redcrits in the millions without a secondary.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Historically they've only ever nerfed weapons that have been genuinely overpowered and broken. Sometimes this is as a result of DE implementing a weapon where after the fact you just have to ask "what were they thinking?" like pre-patch telos boltace

Telos boltace worked with the older melee system. But it was the most overpowered thing in warframe at its time. Before its ability was made worthless. Then it was forgotten mr fodder

2 minutes ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

Again, this is what's happening to the Catchmoon. Why are you asking it to be nerfed if you like it that much. Bruh just get a crit/status zaw and do redcrits in the millions without a secondary.

Why? Didnt you read the melee truck nerfs coming along with riven melee dispo nerfs and combo nerfs and crutical damage nerfs. Melee is going down the drain like all meta. Woop

Its literally Nerf or nothing....

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

Before its ability was made worthless.

The slash is useless, the ability to drag enemies close is brilliant. I use it with Titania and lantern to great effect

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

Kind of. Not like it used to. Instead it has a new overhauled animation custom to itself.

I'm going to have to use it again then

The stats show it's overused and kitgun stats are way beyond normal secondaries but i highly doubt this nerf will achieve the desired effect. Min-maxing just gets more frequent the higher the MR gets so the usage the catchmoon hordes up will just diffuse into the few weapons right below it. If they really want to make more weapons viable the low end needs buffs and the buff target has to be weapons that are almost great: weapons with self damage aka the secondary grenade launchers.

Catchmoon is used because of its ease of use and the damage and AoE it provides. Launcher weapons like the prisma angstrum could compete if they didnt blow yourself up. The stats on those weapons might not be on catchmoon levels but the thing that prevents them from entering the wider meta is selfdamage.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

If you were referring to my ignis/plasmor post, then I will say there are plenty of other choices. You never needed a catchmoon to do anything in the game, and if you can't do it now, then all I can say is...

maxresdefault.jpg

Its better to have a wide variety of choices instead of just using 1 gun. 

Everyone uses "blank" so if your "blank" gets nerfed use what i use. Then DE sees that being used and nerfs it. Not on stats. Just usage data.

Edited by (PS4)Tomplexthis