Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dont wanna look like an idiot, but is 2.5GB big?

Joltyboi

Question

im watching steves stream (ill link it at the bottom for anyone who wants it) and he said the old bloodll be 2.5 gigs, to me that sounds like nothing, but im seeing people in chat go "yikes" and crap, is 2.5 gigs bigger than i thought? ive seen games get 15GB updates, like when destiny got new DLCs, and sometimes ive seen games either have 50 gig updates or require 50 gigs, so to me 2.5 gigs seems like nothing, like the title says i dont wanna look like an idiot but i just wanna make sure i know how big it actually is and how long its gonna take to download

steves stream: 

11 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

How fast is your internet? To me, 2.5 GB is fairly small, but with slow internet it is a lot. That is likely all it is.

my internets fairly crap but 2.5 is still more or less nothing for me, about 10, 20 minutes at the most

It's not big.
A game with scale such as this, and quite big content included in the update, I would say it's a pretty fair number.
People with poor download speed would get spooked but overall it's no big deal, plus - optimizing the files (which it automatically prompts the recommendation for) after download, will remove any residual files left behind, saving on space while naturally optimizing the game so that it runs smoother with greater FPS and quicker loading times.

2.5GByte is huge for Warframe.
but, that's because Warframe isn't bloated with useless data and incompetent decisions on how to store data locally.

a 2.5GByte update for Warframe, should be roughly equivalent to a 20GByte update for some other game.

Edited by taiiat