Update 26: The Old Blood

[DE]Megan

Tried this update for the first time today after reading the melee changes. Thanks for all your hard work into developing these new ideas!

GOOD
- I like the aim and move combo system, I always had a hard time memorising specific combos for stances. Now that there are consistent key presses for combos across all weapons I'm interested to try stuff outside of my comfort zone again.

- Dodge cancelling is great.

- Not dropping the football anymore is really great.

NOT SO GOOD
- The thrown weapon + pistol combo no longer allows you to do normal or heavy melee attacks, and no slams. You can only throw the melee weapon or shoot with your gun (only tested Falcor, maybe not the case for other thrown weapons). This has made the thrown + pistol combo kind of pointless.

- The melee system has become fiddly: My keybinds are set so that heavy attack is a different button to secondary fire. However If I have a gun out, I can't use heavy attacks or lifts even if I press the other button. I can do a normal slam, but if I'm in the air with a gun out, and want to do a heavy attack or lift, I have to do a normal melee attack first to equip melee, THEN do the heavy attack.

- I can't hold melee to float and aim a slam attack anymore? I just immediately slam in the direction I'm pointing. I seem to remember that if I held down melee I could have a moment to turn and aim before committing to the slam.

OPINIONS/SUGGESTIONS
- It should be possible to do heavy attacks and lifts with a gun out, since heavy attack and secondary fire can be bound to different keys (same for thrown + pistol).

- Holding down heavy attack to do a lift should let you float and aim.

Am 31.10.2019 um 21:07 schrieb [DE]Megan:

Update 26: The Old Blood

Catchmoon Changes:

If you’ve made it to this part of the Update notes, you’re well aware that a lot of the Warframe meta may shift in new directions. With the current path Catchmoon weapons are on, it was time to bring Catchmoon weapons to a more reasonable power level, while still keeping them effective.

• Decreased fall off damage from 100 to 10.
  • Decreased range of projectile from 40m to 20m and fall off range from 20-30m to 8-16m. 

Please note that we are monitoring item usage for other weapons who use similar projectiles (Fulmin / Arca Plasmor), but will provide notice before we consider changing anything. We are simply monitoring at this phase.

You know what the problem is? Its not the Catchmoon or any similar weapons. Its just this annyoying Enemies.

192ecc3a208bb0ce2d8669c67a166beb.jpg

This weapons usage is just a symptome of your Design decisions made in the past.

On 2019-11-01 at 3:07 AM, [DE]Megan said:

But what about the Channeling FX you ask? Prime Armor Channeling FX will now appear when the Combo Counter reaches 2!

Targis Prime and Citadella Prime losign their Channeling FX though, can confirm Acanthus P shoulder, atavist p shoulder, edo prime shoulder and leg channeling effects still working

Started out really enjoying the update. Now that I am on my 40th lich and still dont have all the weapons my joy is steadily fading. Can we please at least reduce the murmur cost of the third mod? Every time i get to that stage it destroys the little enthusiasm i have left.  

Edited by ManBearPig89

I really really hate that we cant manually active channeling fx on armor anymore. We bought the accessories mostly for the FX now we need to use melee and combo to 2 ? After that it will gone for few second. And you guys just throw the glowing fx on melee channeling in to trash too, it really cool tho

Edited by --Tyriel--