Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 26: The Old Blood

[DE]Megan

Kuva Lich system is a major annoyance to me at least. It forces me to deal with the Lich and go through long grind period just so that loot resources are not being stolen any more. Just to get that same annoying game loop re-started soon after.

This new system forces me to play certain way I'm not enjoying or I get penalized. This is really putting me off playing Warframe...

This is of course only my opinion and some people may actually enjoy this game loop. I'm MR22 and I've put many hours into the game but this is first time I feel strong enough opinion to vent out here on the forum.

Edited by foobarto

It seems like skin tone variations in Operator customization don't work anymore. Before the update my Operator had shadows on and under his eyes, but now his face is all clean and looks empty. I tried to change the color of skin tone variations and it changes nothing on my Operator's face, even if you try some crazy colors like green. 

The first screen is made the day before the update, the second is made today.

Warframe4768.jpgWarframe4795.jpg

UPD: also there is no Rivens icon in the trade menu anymore.

Edited by Mothpurple

TL;DR:

1) Reworked Ember is much better than she was before.

2) Grendel is locked behind a masochistic "challenge".

3) Reworked melee looks exciting, but performs much-much worse.

4) Exilus adapter for weapons is fine and really useful in some cases.

5) Alucard kitty with instant revive ability is awesome.

6) Parazon is kinda cool as a tool, new finishers look fascinating. But getting mods for this one is frustrating as hell.
At least there is an option to buy those mods just for 75 plat. That's what I did.

7) Kuva Liches. That's where the real hell starts.
You accidentally blow a larvling up. If you had known the consequences of this, you'd leave it alone.
After this you are... in a real trouble. This new pikachu strikes fear into you... Fear before grind-walls.

You need to get relics from Kuva Floods (where chance is 100%, on Kuva Siphon mission chance is ~30%).
Next step is to refine this relics using Traces (1k traces I had were enough for me, so I've bypassed this wall) to have a decent chance of getting one of eight Requiem mods that you need to be able to create all possible combinations of three mods that are installable on Parazon. If you are lucky enough, you can trade duplicates for those mods you don't possess.
After that you just grind through your Lich's Thralls while periodically getting annihilated by your Lich. You have to kill 150 Thralls in total to unlock all three clues about what mods should be on your Parazon. It's better not to do this solo. Trust me.
Aaand... Do you think your suffering has ended after this? Ha-ha. You have to determine an order of Requiem mods to successfully avenge yourself.

6 possible combinations -- 5 deaths. Your Lich now has rank of 5 and every single node controlled by this abomination becomes Sortie-level.

I was lucky enough and have determined the correct combination right after getting the third clue, but anyways my Kuva Lich became R5.
I've converted my Lich (because I didn't like her weapon) and lost one mod charge on each of three Requiem mods installed.
Not gonna do this again.

Edited by limitedeternity

Ok I've been playing this game for about 2 years now and this is the first time that I feel that I need to post. I think that the melee now is much soother and funner that what I have done in the past so I think that it is good for the most part. I think Ember's rework is great but Vauban's needs some tweaking. It takes 3 seconds from the time that you push your 3 for it to actually strike. In that time I can use his 4th ability and kill the enemies gathered with a number of different weapons much faster and move on to the next target. Now my biggest issue with this update is the kuva lich system. I think that it is a good start and with some changes it could be great. First off you need to give us more sources for the relics. Getting one an hr is not a good time investment on my part. I say one a hour because I ran all the kuva siphon missions once and did not get a second relic at all. So not really worth my time to do that again. Until there is a much more time friendly way to get these relics I feel that they are just to grindy. I would suggest putting these new relics as rewards on the kuva fortress on most of the nodes in some way to allow for a much easier way to get these relics. I also feel that the relic RNG system needs to be looked at. I spent around 800 of my void traces and still only got 2 of the new mods. I think that if a relic is fully radiant that there should either be next to no chance of getting the common drops or no chance of getting the common drops that would make the use of the void traces much more reliable not only in these new fissures but also with the other ones as well.    

Good job making ppl fight each other over a lich spawn. Always a person that ignores his lich and always someone that wants his lich to spawn. Planing to turn this into a solo game? At least make an option for the ppl that wanna ignore to have a ''disable your lich spawn'' or something just for now. i know its against the ''danger that lurks'' theme you want but this used to be a very team based friendly game and you dont want it to become like the other toxic multiplayer games out there

On 2019-10-31 at 10:07 PM, [DE]Megan said:

With the current path Catchmoon weapons are on, it was time to bring Catchmoon weapons to a more reasonable power level, while still keeping them effective.

• Decreased fall off damage from 100 to 10.
  • Decreased range of projectile from 40m to 20m and fall off range from 20-30m to 8-16m. 

Keeping it effective.......,Unfortunately   I would like to inform you that that did not happen

Dear DE, I have invested a lot of time and effort to rank up in fortuna, grinded for resources to build catchmoon and finally invested more time to Rank it up and learn how to use it, AS a customized weapon its built towards high tier content {lvl 60+}, which is currently the path that warframe has been semi_enforcing with the high level material {starting from Fortuna Exploiter Orb Bounty and recently the newest Kuva Fissure}.

I totally understand the Riven Disposition Change sin order to Balance the Catchmoon with other kitguns, However its functionality was never affected before and without Rivens it was still fairly balanced with other Kitguns, even with its Magazine and Surface hindered limitations, this was a matter of skill and player management to the weapon, Further more the Kitgun did its job good enough for High Tier missions {Sortie 2,3 - ESO - Arbitrations - High Tier Bounties - Orbs/Eidolon}.

>>After the update I am having trouble killing enemies in Sanctuary Onslaught "Normal not Elite" at wave 6 [Enemy Lvl 55+] at close range [less than 12m]

Kindly Review the damage numbers and reconsider the changes, the Damage Falloff seems to be severe! so am not sure if bugged or not

If you are looking for Figures for your numbers , Then:

-Decreased range of projectile from 40m to 30m and fall off range from 20-30m to 18-26m.

Hope this feedback reaches you

K, just finished trying out vast majority of all the newly implemented things in this update and am ready to give an adequate feedback. I am not sorry for taking so long, it was all due to the timegating. Your decision, DE, not mine.

Now, I'll segment this into the parts as they were written in this post:

Grendel:
    Starting off with the acquisition method.
    It. Was. Hell. I went in completely unprepared for those missions, where I didn't know Mods didn't apply and Gear items couldn't be used. It was challenging, no doubts about that. The reward was good, absolutely, a guaranteed part of the new Warframe is a good reward for the difficulty of this mission. But damn was it punishing. It felt like what Nightmare missions should probably be, because these missions were an actual nightmare. If it's ever decided to make more missions with these same nightmarish restrictions, at least have the decency to put a REALLY GOOD reward at the end, like a built Forma, an Orokin Catalyst blueprint, some free-use Platinum, I don't care. It HAS to be of equal or higher value to these current guaranteed Grendel parts, that's all I demand.
About the Frame itself. He seems… fine. The synergies are there, he's durable for sure, and while his whole kit seems to forcibly revolve around his first ability, that's not exactly a novel concept in Warframe (*cough*Nidus*cough*). His 3rd ability seems a bit incomplete, like it should have an additional effect, his 4th ability is a bit hard to steer and his 2nd ability could use some bigger indicators of what buff we're getting on the next use. Other than that, he seems to play nicely.

Melee changes phase 2:
    So far, pretty good. Some of the combos take you out of toggled sprint, but I think that is unintended and would easily be fixed, right? The rest of it is nicely implemented, thought. It actually gives melee combat a much needed variety and control. I'm just sad that grab combos are gone, I loved the rapier one.

Vauban & Ember reworks:

Starting with Vauban-
    It's an ok rework. Kinda of emphasizes the fact that Vauban's a Supporter frame, not a Defender, since I can't seem to protect anything within the new Bastille from being devastated by a baker's dozen of ranged enemies outside the ability's range. Tesla Nervos is fantastic now. At least compared to the old iteration. I sometimes forget to use it in missions now because I'm still used to it being useless, but it's actually a direct upgrade now to have it out and working. The lack of guaranteed proc chance or even being able to mod for it is a bit of a thorn in the side, and it's very noticeable when in the middle of an intense firefight. The charging animation is kinda goofy, but it gets some chuckles out of me so I'll give it a pass. Minelayer now has such a fluctuating degree of utility that I'll have to segment my opinion on it. Tether Coil is fantastic in concept, but the execution is kinda of a letdown. Limiting it to 2 enemies at a time and not allowing that limit to be modded make this ability pretty much negligible. Flechette Orb is… unexpected and disappointing. It does… nothing. At all. Shoots some nails all around, and that's it. It's like a direct downgrade to the Azima alt fire and that itself is mediocre even with mods. Vector Pad is basically Bounce Pad with a different name and is just as useless, let's not sugarcoat it. Overdriver is probably to best part of Minelayer and the one I'm constantly using to the point where I sometimes confuse it for the whole ability rather than a part of it. It does, however, have some details I'd like addressed. First off, trying to apply it to allies is a nightmare. The orb somehow tracks me first and just re-applies to buff to me and nobody else. I'd prefer it being changed to deploy a pickup for allies, only triggering the auto-apply if there's someone without it on nearby and otherwise staying as a pickup that can be manually walked over to refresh the effect. Now back to the rest of the abilities. Photon Strike is such a cool-looking ability, I'll admit that. But if I'm going to do some fancy anime-style flourish in midair to drop the preverbial bomb and it only detonating after a few seconds for added flair, that thing better be the absolute highest, single shot damage in the entire game *unmodded*. And I really mean it. This ability, for all the buildup and style it has, *deserves* to unload an absurd amount of damage in a single hit, no questions asked. Because, as fast as the game has become, in public squads, all the enemies I painstakingly gathered up in one place more often than not just get evaporated by a hail of gunfire from my teammates before the giant, satellite laser has a chance to claim a victim. I'd like the thing to be so oppressingly powerful and flashy that my teammates will instinctively let the ability finish just so they can witness its power. And finally Bastille, or was it Vortex? Bastortex? Doesn't matter, it's perfect. Combining the best of both the old abilities was the winning formula here, don't change it any more.

Now about Ember-
    It's a pretty good rework. Again, compared to the old. The new passive ability is great. Well, the old one was basically non-existent, so the bar wasn't set that high, but it's still great. The new combo effect on Fireball is a bit unexpected. I was hoping it would have something extra, like comboing 3 times would result in a unique finisher, like the fire staying like it did in the old rework or maybe it shooting out in multiple directions around Ember. But as it is, it feels more like a placeholder for something better. Hopefully that'll be filled out. The new Immolation is fantastic. Never expected a frame based on hellfires to actually have a defensive ability. The last minute change on it's overheat effect is also unexpected, but pleasing nonetheless. I was ready to accept the self-explosion from overheat draining all energy, but this continuous drain that gives you a chance to do something about it is nice too. But the fact that you can just toggle the ability and snuff out the fire instantly is a bit weird. I wouldn't mind it keeping memory of the heat levels that would come back if the ability was turned back on too fast. It's convenient, yes, but a bit cheap-feeling. Also, damage reduction is nice and all, but the ability leaves me expecting something more. Maybe contact damage like Nezha's Halo, or boosted Bullet Jump explosions, something that takes advantage of being literally on fire. Only other thing I got to point out here is the activation animation. It feels very, very unprofessional to just re-use Khora's animations like this. I don't really like it, but that may just be me nitpicking on account of already being tilted at Octavia's roller looking exactly like a Grineer Roller repurposed. The new Fireblast ability is perfect. Does what the old Fireblast did well and even more, I have no complaints about this ability. As for the final new ability, Inferno, please decide if you want it to be line-of-sight or area-of-effect, because trying to mix both just makes it weird to handle. Also, I'd like it to be like Nidus' Virulence in that, when holding, it would show a visualization of all the available targets. Maybe also show how much energy total is going to be consumed. Not to make it a charged ability, mind, just add some targeting info to it. Otherwise, it's pretty good. Although it sometimes doesn't target stuff like Turrets, but that's probably a coding thing.

Kuva Liches:

I like these. But I still have stuff to point about it. First off, they become available WAY too early. Making the Larva enemies appear starting at Mastery Rank 5 minimum (the minimum Mastery for War Within) is much too early for players. Bump them up a bit to appear only to players at Mastery Rank 10+ so they are actually ready for how infuriating it will become to have you drops randomly held ransom by some chatty rogue. The methods to fight the Lich are also very tedious. I shouldn't need to kill around 50000 Thralls just to get a clue at a single kuva rune thing that won't even be in the correct order. I'd prefer the required number of kills lowered to, maybe 5-7 per rune clue. I would also appreciate that data to also be acquired via other methods. Like, for example, random consoles on the level that randomly become dark-red glowing-smoking indicating that they have Kuva Lich Data. Using the new Parazon to hack them could yield data on the rune clues. Or maybe keep the clues coming from Thrall kills only and have the consoles instead reveal the order of the runes. The possibilities are fairly limited, but still an improvement over the current system. While fighting the Lich itself is almost like yet another damage-sponge boss, it's the method to power them up that actually makes it annoying. Needing to get killed in order to boost the Lich's level is very irritating. The fact that our revives are no longer bought and refresh to max on each mission doesn't change the fact that it feels very, very bad to have our hero be Bane'd for nothing more than a number increase. Please add some other way to boost the Lich, like some unique random event where it begins gathering power to level up, and we can either interrupt it or let it finish. In fact, adding that as a mechanic in the Lich fight itself would solve 2 problems: the killing you being the only way to level them up and the fact that some people just don't try to interact with their Lich when it shows up, leaving it to wreak havoc on the mission, usually being very detrimental on missions with a protected objective, like Defense or Rescue. Give the Lich a unique move where it starts gathering power, and if not interrupted, will level up and then leave the mission satisfied. Maybe also make the Lich itself leave after a certain time passes (or a certain number of "kills" but with no interaction) after it showed up, so it won't stay forever in the mission, giving the option to keep it's level while still also getting rid of its presence. And please, add something more to the level up of the Lich, like increasing the Weapon base element bonus or something. Make it worth to level it up for more than just "a challenge". Other than the encounter itself, I'd like some more interaction with converted Liches. Like meeting them personally somewhere, and most definitely an option to go around and kill them for the weapon when they've outlived their usefulness. Maybe even manually select which Lich to bring into missions, rather than have it be a random occurrence (they belong to us now, so why not?). Other than the above mentioned things, I am fine with the new Kuva Liches. They may be far more complicated to interact with than their inspiration (of which I did indeed play the game, loved it) but I understand that some modifications must be made to make them fit in Warframe.

Parazon:

I like this new tool. But the new mechanic it introduces of "mercy kills" is a bit clunky to use. Whenever a random enemy becomes available for mercy kill, it more often than not just gets destroyed by whatever I was already using to kill it before I get a chance to get close for the stylish kill. Maybe raise the HP threshold at which mercy kill becomes available, drastically raise the enemy's damage resistance to Synthesis Target level so we actually get a chance to mercy kill it while it's under fire (and in that case, reduce the chance of enemies actually becoming available for mercy kills so the whole map won't instantly be flooded with hard-to-kill enemies that I need to either spend extra ammo or individually stab one by one). Just make it actually available in a fight. And maybe also add a few extra parazon mods that interact with it, like guaranteed double or triple loot drops from mercy kills, or an AoE fear to all nearby enemies after a mercy kill (brutalize kills), actually give players a reason (and a chance) for them to go out of their way to perform these stylish kills as opposed to just gunning down everything in sight and getting loot at the same monotonous pace.

Weapon Exilus:

Only thing I'd like to point out here is, why the whole new Exilus Adapter item for this system? Why can't we just use the old Exilus Adapter? It's not like the concept is that radically different. Plus it would save some resources on new code and pictures for it, not to mention it would be a hell of a lot more convenient for players, so why add all this needless bloat?

Vasca Kavat:

Currently there seems to be a bug with the capture of wild Vasca Kavats where the Echo-Lure isn't moving the cursor correctly. Making us have to guess at which speed to move between the instantly moved 2 points. The creature itself is pretty neat. Really have a menacing and intimidating feel to it, not just the sounds it makes, but also the way it moves and attacks. It's a neat addition to the Kavats. A unique, monstrous strain to mirror the Helminth Charger for Kubrows. I like it. Now all we need are more "natural" variants on Kavats to match the Kubrows and we'll all be happy.

Other things of note:

The new options menu UI is nice and fancy, but did it really need to mess up all my controls like that? I went into a panic when the sprint button wasn't doing the dodge roll until a guy in Recruit chat was kind enough to make the PSA about it.

And that's all I got. It better be used somehow since I'm giving it for free.

• Like 1

All of these fresh Stance changes has shone light on Whip Stances in particular not being as desirable in comparison to the others. We’re aware of this and are working on a new Whip Stance!

Not to sound ungrateful, but couldn't you just make the existing whip stances better? Why leave two bad stances in the game if you know they're bad? I'm afraid if you try to fix whip's problems by giving them a new stance, you're going to tie it to some specific grind or terrible drop chance.

16 hours ago, ---Redemption--- said:

Otherwise maybe introduce a penalise system for not attempting?

HELL. NO.

Dying and having a Lich level up and spread influence even further because you didn't have the right Words of Power phrase mods is bad enough. Now you want to punish players for reasonably wanting to avoid all the BS that losing to a Lich entails until they feel that they're ready? All because you're too impatient to get to your Lich?

I really detest people like you.

Edited by MirageKnight
Clarity

Spoiler
On 2019-11-01 at 7:35 PM, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

I really want to know your build, because that's absolutely NOT my experience with the new Vauban.

Did you actually read the new power description ?

- Boost pads affect enemies no matter where they comes from, they are thrown into the boost pad direction. It's an actual OFFENSIVE TOOL. Use it close to a cliff and they all get thrown off. Use in the path of your Bastille and they all get inside it.

- At 175% strenght, Damage buff give me 44% more damage on my weapon. It's a bit better than a rifle aura mod. Not very good, certainly not Chroma level, but a welcome buff at a low price still.

- His 1 is now pretty good.

- Bastille now strips armor. Completely. At 175% strenght they lose 17.5% armor per seconds. That means they get red Health after 6 seconds in.

His general gameplay now is : use 1 and damage boost constantly. Against mid-level enemies (up to 70-80)  and trash mob, use Vortex to group then together and then nuke with 3. Against high-armor enemies or actual dangerous hordes, use Bastille to strip armor first, then collapse into Vortex, then Nuke (or just nuke inside the Bastille if the enemies are in range of his 3). I experimented a bit against Corrupted HMG, and level 110 HMG get killed with one or two shot of his 3 after the armor strips is done.

And Bastille also gives you up to 1000 armor. Which is pretty useful too, though I really need to add Adaptation on my Vauban, for a bit better survivability in general gameplay.

I played him all day and I had incredible fun. I mostly spammed 4 and 3 and honestly it's almost all you need for generic content. The hardest part of his build now is that you need all stats. You need Efficiency, Mid to High Range, Mid to high Power, and mid to high Duration.

I just can't believe someone could say the new Vauban is weaker than before. Only the Tying Grenade is completely useless in his new kit. I found at least niche use for everything else. Yeah, even the nail gun can actually do decent damage to armor stripped enemies.

And for the best part : you can use his 3 and 4 in the middle of a jump without any animation lock. It feels so satisfying to use. And his 3 is spammable infinitely, you can literally just send 2 of them in the same spot within 2 seconds.

EDIT : also Nyx is far from being obsolete. She's a niche frame, but she has her use. She's very strong in Disruption for example.

I guess my issue stems from me being a Repelling Bastille Vauban (I did use him for Raids, but we wont being seeing raids for a long time, if ever), and his rework works at odds with that sorta setup. Bastille strips armor, but with the augment its kicking enemies away after its full on what it can hold. So not particularly useful on that front, where as if they kept the shred grenade it still allows for a player to keep a bastille up but also have a vortex dedicated to an armor strip combo. No more animation lock feels great, wont lie about that. I play trinity a lot. She was pretty much glued to the ground before they finally decided to let her cast in air.

As for the whole Nyx being obsolete. Its not that. Far from it, she has great potential. Its new game modes being introduced with enemies that are immune to CC. (defense/excav arbies are missions where frames like Nyx and Vauban COULD and SHOULD shine, but they dont because "ability immunity" makes 'challenging' gameplay. /s) Its the game changing to be fasted paced murder frenzies, and CC doesnt cooperate in the same way. Its the bite sized game play, where CC is downright useless because the enemies are pushovers and that saryn in the squad is killing faster than enemies can leave their spawn room. (Heck, I havent seen a nyx in a normal mission outside of Hydron in a long while.)

Unless DE actually does something to make CC relevant, nothing is going to change for Vauban. It'll be the same handful and a few new ones who enjoy him, and for the rest. Mastery Fodder. Just like Wukong, just like Nezha, just like Oberon, just like Hydroid, just like Limbo. All of em got TLCs or reworks (usually a prime that fueled that rework), and for a month or so, a lot of people were playing them. And once everybody's had a taste, they move on, and only a handful continue to play them. (Saryns pretty much the one exception, where she gained more players after her rework and maintained those players.) And its not to say that these frames are boring or bad, but more so that missions where they should have relevance either dont exist or they get flooded out by DPS frames, the bite sized gameplay excuse, weak enemies and poor scaling.

I dont know. I've been playing warframe for years now. I was here when Loki was a starter and revives were daily. I was here when planets had nav coordinates (and like thirty nodes a pop!) and kubrows didnt exist yet. I was here when you used duplicate mods and cores to level up a mod. Its gotten boring, and content has been non existent or lackluster. Disruption was fun, and Wisp and Gauss are enjoyable frames. But I continue to see DE shy away from challenging and hard content in favor of bit sized gameplay and bringing in newbies, and completely ignore keeping those players invested long term. Retention rate of players is just as important as bringing in new players, and Warframe has a poor retention rate for its vets. And the content that shoulda kept us involved and invested got dumbed down. Arbies had so much potential, and then they added in that revive mechanic. The dead are literal burdens to their teammates, and thats frustrating. I dont mind helping my allies, but being forced to carry ill equipped people who shouldnt be there does not make for fun and engaging content.

21 hours ago, Mothpurple said:

It seems like skin tone variations in Operator customization don't work anymore. Before the update my Operator had shadows on and under his eyes, but now his face is all clean and looks empty. I tried to change the color of skin tone variations and it changes nothing on my Operator's face, even if you try some crazy colors like green. 

The first screen is made the day before the update, the second is made today.

Warframe4768.jpgWarframe4795.jpg

UPD: also there is no Rivens icon in the trade menu anymore.

There has been a LOT of graphical issues going on for quite a while now and boy the list is long -.-' More plastic, vinyl, gloss, less depth everywhere on frames, syandanas and apparently operators. The color palettes have been sorta messed up too, with the screen darkening down and brightening back up when you return to game. I don't even have glare on, yet it hugely feels like it. Picture above is really beautiful btw! Below looks like a wax figure. Poor kid.
--------------------------------------

Update mechanics are one thing but... did I skip a cutscene somewhere or miss something else out? I mean, there suddenly is a new device installed on our frames and neither our helicopter-cephalon Ordis even says a word about it, our brats don't seem to care and cyber Lotus keeps quiet too. Or Teshin, a Dax ffs xD Sending a mail even with an item of to us unknown origin, where he says we'd need it in the future. He's kinda like an expert on Kuva, right?
Got a tiny bolt in your puppets leg from an assassin? Damn lad, that's bad news, alarm bells all over, better do something.
New multitool that hacks, kills, is suddenly on our most precious an treasured possession and we didn't put it there? Dead silence...
Just nothing. That sucks. I even would have liked to discover the blade, if it only meant picking it up from the ground. Nothing big, just literally anything in means of the HOW and WHY we have it now.

Edited by Silescere

22 hours ago, limitedeternity said:

TL;DR:

3) Reworked melee looks exciting, but performs much-much worse.

Wasn't that the point tho... I didn't see anywhere on the list of things they wanted to change to melee they say, hey your killing things 20 ft around you one shot with red crits and we want to ENHANCE that experience by making you do more..

The changes read more like "hey we added a buncha broken crap and now we gotta somehow fix it".

I don't think they falsely advertised what they are doing.

I will say though heavy attacks are ugly and boring, they hit hard enough but they are very anti climatic and require heavy use of reach on some of them or u just miss. Except for glaives, for some reason glaives are so much more better than before!

I am probably  going to quit this game after I killed my first Lich. This is so unappealing, disheartening and tedious. If you don't want me to play the game, then good job. And chances are high that I kill such a trash Lich Larva just by accident once I killed my LIch, which makes me deal with this **** all over again.

The Lich now taxes Earth, Venus, Lua. Why should I even bother with this anymore? 

Collecting 150 Murmurs to know which runes you need, just becaues you seem to be unable to program a decent version of the game Mastermind? If I put 3 runes onto my blade and kill him, sacrifice a revive without gaining anything, I only know that the rune in the first slot is either correct or incorrect. No information about the other runes. And then repeat all of this for the other rune slots as well. Why should I even bother challenging the Lich then? Just that the guesses make the Lich stronger and expand his territory?

I dont want to grind 50-60 or even more normal boring missions just to ignore the Lich all day long and just to gather those !"H§IO murmurs. This whole Kuva Lich mechanic, including the grinding for the requiem relics and the runes themselves, frustrates me so much right now that I am either never going to create a Lich again, if i have the possibilty to 100% opt out of this mechanic. Or that i give up on farming the weapons. Not even including the possibility that I might want a specific weapon with a specific element, when this means to grind 50-60 (or more) boring standard missions. Just for the hope that the next Lich might have at least a weapon I dont own yet. Or he might not and I am stuck in this unappealing and disheartening gameplay loop time and time again.

Also I have a hard time figuring out the differences of the runes. or mods, however you want to call them. They remind me too much of the Diablo 2 runes. Please add their names to the Lich menu where we can check which runes we tried so far. Trying to figure out the differences of runes with a left swirl and an oval blob to another rune that has two right swirls and a slightly more voluptuous oval blob in the middle is  inconvenient and confusing. Especially when you have a whole board of failed runes filling up your right side of the screen. It becomes very confusing.

Edited by Ein0r
  • Like 2

Requiem Mods have a limited amount of charges (3), and consume charges when you successfully kill or convert a Lich. Repeat Requiem Mods in your collection will eventually go to good use.

Fixed an inaccurate description in the notes.