Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 26: The Old Blood

[DE]Megan

I've got to say, I'm done with this game, at least for a while.  I don't care for the Kuva Lich system, and the nerfing of the Catchmoon was, in my opinion, handled very hamhandedly.  I may look like a noob on the forums, but I've got over fifteen-hundred hours in the game, and am pushing Mastery Rank 23.  It's really frustrating when you work you ass off getting something set up just the way you like it, and then the devs come in and pull the rug out from under your feet.  Was the Catchmoom overpowered?  Yeah.  But the nerfing was handled with no finesse.  They just bricked the thing.  I've put a lot of money into this game.  I enjoy this game.  I may come back at some point.  But I'm done for now.

Soo... I have a lich right now with a fear of kubrows. That's great, I have many kubrows. I usualle always have one with me.

All I get are some kubrow related voice lines. No terror. No fear effect. No erratic gunfire. Nothing.
I mean I get it. You don't give a damn about kubrows (outdated fur, ugly clipping, AI, still waiting on Sheldons companion updates, ..., etc.) But I thought because you derived this from the likes of Shadow of Mordor (which I played), that it would do at least something usefull.
I even experimented with different kubrow races - nothing. Hoped that maybe Sunikas would have gotten some hidden love with liches, as they are advertisedas the most aggressive (hurr durr [Unleashed]).

2 hours ago, Gemenai said:

Soo... I have a lich right now with a fear of kubrows. That's great, I have many kubrows. I usualle always have one with me.

All I get are some kubrow related voice lines. No terror. No fear effect. No erratic gunfire. Nothing.

As far as I know, those trivia lines are for amusement only, similar to the bits on captured wild animals having large testicles and whatnot.

我觉得这次更新有很大的错误

特别是赤毒玄骸,我要打好几遍高等级的被占领区域,还要打一个打不动的赤毒玄骸.

几个小时下来,如果我感化了赤毒玄骸,我得不到任何赤毒武器,只会获得一个没有用而且不一定什么时候会出现的帮手.

还有枪刃的架势,你们要把刀和枪和在一起使用,不能只用刀或者只用枪.

你们知道枪刃开枪会击飞敌人嘛?

如果我想用刀,开枪还不一定能射中,而且还会击飞敌人.

如果我要用枪,那中间会有很多刀的架势,我还会被强迫移动,你知道这对瞄准有多大的影响嘛?

Thank You DE, for an incredibly fun and enjoying update. 

I am probably one of your biggest complainers. I complain because I love the game. Well, I guess I'll be busy for quite some time now, so no time for complaining. 

Please don't nerf the nemesis system or simplify it. Doing so will ruin everything. I believe this update is meant for veterans and hardcore players, please keep it that way. I love it and my clanmates love it. 

Keep up the good work, I wish you all the best. I'll not forget to get some platinum as soon as my salary arrived this month, to express my gratitude and love for you.

Edited by --Aegis--MR9

for the love of all that is holy please get rid of ember's meter.  It's incredibly dumb that once you hit 90% you start getting penalized whereas frames like gara and mesa can have 90% damage reduction with no penalty.  Just make her abilities scale off of power strength and call it a day.

I am not sure about the lich system its actually a bit "challenging" cuz it need hours to get the right relics and mods etc. But useless grinding doesnt make the game difficult. And there is again the issue with rewarding. I didnt see every weapon now but I am sure that I wont use any of them so basicly I waste a lot of time for what? To increase my collection of pokemons or getting 30k exp for my MR 27.

I guess I will need to take a bigger pause from Warframe. The last updates are just frustrating, DE gives hopes for some kind of "endgame" and then you get useless grinding.

Not sure if this was an intentional change(didnt see it anywhere in the patch notes) but we can't do oldschool melee finishers anymore? Yeah I know parazon has finishers, but you used to be able to stagger an enemy and do a little finisher on him (also counter attacks (channeled block) appear to be gone too)

Kind of unfortunate, staggering enemies with vaz-dash to open them up to finishers was a staple of my gameplay.

EDIT: Also, just got kinda robbed on the requiem murmur thing. After killing probably the 100th thrall, I "learned" the murmur that I had already figured out from a previous battle with my lich. Nice.

Edited by Meneliki

On 2019-11-01 at 9:07 AM, [DE]Megan said:

If you’ve made it to this part of the Update notes, you’re well aware that a lot of the Warframe meta may shift in new directions. With the current path Catchmoon weapons are on, it was time to bring Catchmoon weapons to a more reasonable power level, while still keeping them effective.

• Decreased fall off damage from 100 to 10.
  • Decreased range of projectile from 40m to 20m and fall off range from 20-30m to 8-16m. 

Please note that we are monitoring item usage for other weapons who use similar projectiles (Fulmin / Arca Plasmor), but will provide notice before we consider changing anything. We are simply monitoring at this phase. 

the change was way too extreme. I can barely use the weapon now and can't even be bothered taking it to missions now.

ok...I have an issue that is seriously annoying.

I use run toggle and every time I use quick melee it makes me walk. Can we please get the option to have run as default if we use the run toggle? having to constantly hit the toggle button after combat makes the run toggle pointless.

Farm usable mod. From relic. That drops from 99% chance reported as "guaranteed" (already missed that "guaranteed" twice thrice four times). And make the NPC being able to steal your relic reward.

RmNF5MA.png

Prime game design. So nice idea. Much wow. </sarcasm>

Edited by R4dioS1lence
the count just keeps getting higher and higher

Rip Melee, with full build on Gram Prime I deal only 1k crit dmg vs 70lv Grineer (7x Combo on Blood Rush).
Nikana Prime - nice buffs but the animations are so damn slow...
Orthos Prime - Nerfed because of Reach
Atterax - Actually Crap
Tipedo prime - like Nikana these animations are funny slow.
Nice update it's time to end my game for a few months.

Edited by zielakn

1 hour ago, Meneliki said:

nah seems pretty strong to me with the new combo multipliers

nah it really isn't. every crit based weapon of mine does far less damage now. not like half the damage, but more like a tenth of the damage that they were doing before. Blood rush has been so horribly nerfed that you need to get a 12x combo multiplier to even get orange crits on most weapons, and red crits are just completely gone. 

• new Lich-system
    • one more boring rng grind activity (no thanks)
  • Melee Phase 2
    • i liked my Gunblades, which now work even more clunky then before
      • no quick charge attack
      • less damage (useless melee attacks in between combos)
    • my Sarpa Slash proc build deals like 1/10 of the damage it did before
  • Vauban rework
    • half decent i guess, still kinda boring to play
  • Ember rework
    • looks fine on paper, but i don't really care
  • Grendel
    • locked behind grind, which was expected
      • yet this time its even more infuriating to grind
  • PARAZON
    • don't care really, but mods with charges?
      • We get it, you want to add quick&easy stuff to add more grind, repetition....
  • Exilus Weapon slot
    • wrong Polarity for my use cases, would have preferred none at all
    • less build diversity, i cant even use the new slot without forma-locking one more slot, which would break my other builds
    • in my opinion the Exilus slot should have no drain at all

Conclusion: Was somewhat excited for the Update and hoped i could have some fun with it, now i just wait for the next one. Has nothing really interesting for me and just some nerf's to my old play-styles, while not providing anything new i want to switch to.

Edited by AndyPandyyy
  • Like 1