Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you Survive High Level Missions as a Squishy Frame?

Prism77

Question

So recently I did a high level Kuva Fissure mission for cracking open those Requiem Relics. It was 60 - 80 and I was using my Wisp Warframe. The Grustrag Three ended up spawning and they instantly downed my Warframe and put a bolt on her and I had to break it off using a bolt extractor. This got me thinking about how many times I've gotten downed quickly in high level missions overall and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on how to survive such high level enemies as a squishy frame like Wisp, Banshee, etc. It really didn't feel good dying to those three stooges. Makes me feel like the only viable Warframe for such difficult missions is Inaros.

Anyways, any advice is appreciated, thanks.

12 answers to this question

aight, have you considered not getting hit? 

in all seriousness, either build in some survivability that doesnt depend on health/shields, or use CC, or just... dont get hit. thats how i usually play my banshee (running a sonic fracture/quick thinking build)

Depending on mod builds, many squishy frames could be quite tanky and undying. Like Rage, Hunter Adrenaline and Quick thinking have synergy in survivability, saving you from mistakes while filling up your energy in an instant.  

Adaptation is also a choice taking one mod slot only.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

With Wisp in particular moving is key, stay mobile and make sure your buffs are up and you know where they are or keep new motes by you. I run her an hour + into arbitrations with no problem, again; you have to move. Constantly. 

For frames with high energy the Rage / Quick Thinking combo is great; of course you need a way to keep your energy up but it will save your ass.

Adaptation is a great mod as well, although you need to be able to take some hits to keep the stacks up. 

Arcane Guardian is another good way to help.

Some frames you just can't face tank with. With them it's more about synergizing your abilities, good movement and killing them all first. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)death404 said:

With Wisp in particular moving is key, stay mobile and make sure your buffs are up and you know where they are or keep new motes by you. I run her an hour + into arbitrations with no problem, again; you have to move. Constantly. 

For frames with high energy the Rage / Quick Thinking combo is great; of course you need a way to keep your energy up but it will save your ass.

Adaptation is a great mod as well, although you need to be able to take some hits to keep the stacks up. 

Arcane Guardian is another good way to help.

Some frames you just can't face tank with. With them it's more about synergizing your abilities, good movement and killing them all first. 

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the advice. I just can't believe I died from the Grustrag Three. In all my years of Warframe that has never happened. I feel like the only one. DX

7 hours ago, Prism77 said:

So recently I did a high level Kuva Fissure mission for cracking open those Requiem Relics. It was 60 - 80 and I was using my Wisp Warframe. The Grustrag Three ended up spawning and they instantly downed my Warframe and put a bolt on her and I had to break it off using a bolt extractor. This got me thinking about how many times I've gotten downed quickly in high level missions overall and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on how to survive such high level enemies as a squishy frame like Wisp, Banshee, etc. It really didn't feel good dying to those three stooges. Makes me feel like the only viable Warframe for such difficult missions is Inaros.

Anyways, any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Wisp can kinda face-tank with a Strength set up, but it's gonna be very expensive and will require you quite a large amount of formas.

Consider making modifications to your build. Get yourself Rage (or its more expensive equivalent), and try to build for around 300% power strength. This will require to mod Wisp with Umbra mods (all of three), so you also get amped up health and armor. Youn should be able amp up your health regen really strongly while also empowering your ability to nuke with such a setup. Your buffs from your motes are going to be absolutely crazy. It's gonna also make your abilities really expensive as well though but you should be able to play around that with Rage and Zenurik. Final touch would be to get double Arcane Guardian, so you can get really extra tanky with the massive armor bonus from these two arcanes.

If with all of this you still can't get tanky enough, perhaps consider using adaptation.