Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The ability to trade/get rid of a lich must be implemented YESTERDAY.

Caramello

I just got a Lich with a weapon i already have (and i only have 2 so far, this will get even more frustrating as i get more) and i have no way of getting rid of him, THIS IS A 8+ HOUR GRIND, and i will get nothing from it, im sorry, but i have better things to do, i wont spend 8 hours grinding something just to press the "delete button" on something that i dont want from my game, this is absurd.

A way to get rid of them, even if a simple button that just shoo´s them away, must be implemented YESTERDAY, with more weapons being acquired (and added to the system) it will get to a point that you have to make warframe your full time job if you wanna get one you are missing, this should have shipped with the update...

Edit: Well, i just got my 3th dupe weapon in 7 liches, and i just had finished a 5hour murmur farm to get rid of a dupe, and now the game wants me to spend another 5 hour to get rid of this new dupe... yeah thanks but not thanks DE, if im getting this many dupes and i dont even have that many weapons collected, i can only imagine the nightmare this will become down the line when i have a decent number of kuva weapons, i will be taking a break until this Lich system gets a rework.

Edited by Caramello
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

They've already mentioned there's the possibility of rare ephemera and converting them to your side if you aren't interested in their weapon. 

Also... it literally just came out last night. You really want to farm the entire update content in a single day? In a hurry to go back to other games already? 

The lich i got didint spawn with an ephemera, and i couldnt care less about getting him to my side, this Lich i have is useless to me and to get rid of it i have to do a 8 hour grind.

The pace i play the game is irrelevant, having to grind 8 hours to get rid of something should not be a thing. What happens down the line when you are missing a single weapon, and you get duplicate weapons over and over again? Are you willing to waste days of your life and dive deep in this RNG blackhole?

Edited by Caramello
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Caramello said:

What happens down the line

"down the line", as a fact, won't be an issue because they will have implemented the clan ability to get rid of your Lich. They've already said this, but they also said they were not releasing them on the same day. 

Based on what they've told us the only issue I can see is if you are not in a clan then you may not be able to get rid of them. I run my own private clan, so hopefully that won't be an issue, but we'll have to wait and see how that feature is planned to work.

If you had farmed all of the weapons in 1 day (or a week) then you'd probably be complaining that you had nothing to do and were in the midst of another content drought.

Diversify your activity, do a little of this and that and mix it up. It doesn't make you cooler than anyone else to have all the things before anyone else. Don't just spend hours grinding away at the same thing and shooting yourself in the foot.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

If you had farmed all of the weapons in 1 day (or a week) then you'd probably be complaining that you had nothing to do and were in the midst of another content drought.

Diversify your activity, do a little of this and that and mix it up. It doesn't make you cooler than anyone else to have all the things before anyone else. Don't just spend hours grinding away at the same thing and shooting yourself in the foot.

Hey, you're being insulting, we all play this game differently and that's OK! That's one of the best things about Warframe, allowing players to play their way! There's no wrong way to play. 

Just because some of us play the game at a different pace doesn't mean we're trying to do it to look cool. Not EVERYONE believes in the notion of a "content drought" either. Games end, we can take breaks and enjoy other things, nothing wrong with that. I have no qualms finishing Warframe for a while (though, with my playstyle I doubt I'll ever be done!) Quality over quantity, I say!

One of the things I like to do most in Warframe is try out new weapons and builds. I don't mind liches taking some time to grind out, but unless I play for hours a day I can't get even 1 within a week. Shadow of Mordor's generals did not take days on end to hunt down, just a few hours each. They didn't actively impede the game either, as liches do. This gives you a pretty big reason to take out liches even if you don't like their weapon-- getting rid of their loot stealing. This is why someone may want to specifically grind them out rather than only doing a little at a time-- because they actively impede your progress and will not stop until defeated. Not to mention, of course people want the new weapons! You're lacking empathy if you think we're stupid for wanting to play with the new gear already, we just enjoy Warframe at a different pace is all!

How many liches will we see as we play over the years? How much control will they gain over the star chart and impede whatever you do? This seems like the kind of system that will get very tiresome very fast. 

Don't get me wrong, there are cool things in here, I like the idea of the loot stealing and having to hunt them down to get out of your way-- I just feel like the amount of time it takes to do so is a bit too much. The requiem mods are a cool idea too, even. It's just wrapped in so many layers of RNG that we end up spending more time grinding than actually enjoying the lich or its rewards. I'm going to sit on them for now, I'm sure that the grind will be toned down by some extent within the next few weeks.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Timepool said:

Hey, you're being insulting, we all play this game differently and that's OK! That's one of the best things about Warframe, allowing players to play their way! There's no wrong way to play.

It wasn't my intent to be insulting, however so many people come on the forums and complain about grind and RNG, then post that they're absolutely grinding the heck out of the game by doing the same thing for hours on end. They specifically complained about it being a grind, but bolded that they've gotten 2 of the weapons with a 8+ hour grind each. So we're more or less 24 hours into this update and they're implying they've already spent over 16 hours doing the lich associated missions over and over again.

I sometimes go a bit overboard with new stuff too, but that's absurd.

This is a looter focused game. If there is no RNG and you get all the items one right after the other, you're done. You might as well be playing a game with a linear campaign where you obtain item X on level 1, item Y on level 2, and so on until you're done with the game 8-20 hours later. It's the random and procedural nature that lends a lot to the replayability. But splitting up one's time with various activities is better (for most people I suppose). The OP did the same activities for 16+ hours over and over and must have not been doing anything else, of course they're burning themselves out.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

It wasn't my intent to be insulting, however so many people come on the forums and complain about grind and RNG, then post that they're absolutely grinding the heck out of the game by doing the same thing for hours on end. They specifically complained about it being a grind, but bolded that they've gotten 2 of the weapons with a 8+ hour grind each. So we're more or less 24 hours into this update and they're implying they've already spent over 16 hours doing the lich associated missions over and over again.

I sometimes go a bit overboard with new stuff too, but that's absurd.

This is a looter focused game. If there is no RNG and you get all the items one right after the other, you're done. You might as well be playing a game with a linear campaign where you obtain item X on level 1, item Y on level 2, and so on until you're done with the game 8-20 hours later. It's the random and procedural nature that lends a lot to the replayability. But splitting up one's time with various activities is better (for most people I suppose). The OP did the same activities for 16+ hours over and over and must have not been doing anything else, of course they're burning themselves out.

Eh, so every player is a big hivemind indeed...

Yeah, I wouldn't mind apologizing to a lich that's "indifferent" if they don't have anything I want to make them go away. Like, "sorry I killed you, but you WERE kinda shooting at me. Have you considered joining Steel Meridian instead?" 

Though I'm on my first lich, I'm more concerned with low elemental damage on his weapon.

4 часа назад, Test-995 сказал:

Eh, so every player is a big hivemind indeed...

And you call others insulting.

You are free to grind if you want to do so, but DE just made an update and keep fixing stuff this whole goddamn time, most likely they will tone relics down with overall community feedback, but...

Let. Them. Rest. 

They gradually respond on what they can. If you want DE to make it easier, then give your feedback and wait a bit for them to fix it, then more constructive voices will be raised, then better. But you want to grind the planet now, then don’t act surprised when they will tone it down when you are already burned out bc you never bothered to stop, many people didn’t even start, and their feedback must be considered too. 

If you call us hivemind, remember that you belong to it aswell, although under another banner. Community of rushers/first nighters pretty much exists since forever.

Edited by ThousandLights
  • Like 2

I do feel obligated to remind the OP that kuva liches were designed as a Long-term-relationship with your character, you arent meant to wipe them out and pick up their sick top shelf kuva weapons with paracesis levelling mechanics on day one. or probably even day 7.

What i do feel the problem is is that currently the lich itself is both too difficult being time gated behind intensive grind, and too easy in that once you have the parazons you should basically be guaranteed a win. but with anything less you're insta-killed.

Personally I like the idea of an enemy that i'll still be trying to take down next month, that's grown and improved. I personally think Kuva weapons should be exempt from mastery rank, or you should get mastery rank for One kuva weapon ever, because it's clear that using them for MR fodder was never what DE had in mind for them.

26 minutes ago, Desdemona-XI said:

I do feel obligated to remind the OP that kuva liches were designed as a Long-term-relationship

You are missing the point of the thread. OP doesn't want to be forced to kill the lich. He wants to get rid it or move on to a better one. 

Shadow of Mordor nemesis system was amazing because you could encounter them whenever you wanted or ignore them. They didn't tax your loot. And converting them to fight for you actually had a purpose. That game also had the ability to intergrate for intel on other generals. Warframe's version is god awful in comparison.

Seems like no one at DE really play tested with the system, probably because it takes many hours to grind from start to finish one lich. The process isn't fun. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ThousandLights said:

And you call others insulting.

You are free to grind if you want to do so, but DE just made an update and keep fixing stuff this whole goddamn time, most likely they will tone relics down with overall community feedback, but...

Let. Them. Rest. 

They gradually respond on what they can. If you want DE to make it easier, then give your feedback and wait a bit for them to fix it, then more constructive voices will be raised, then better. But you want to grind the planet now, then don’t act surprised when they will tone it down when you are already burned out bc you never bothered to stop, many people didn’t even start, and their feedback must be considered too. 

If you call us hivemind, remember that you belong to it aswell, although under another banner. Community of rushers/first nighters pretty much exists since forever.

I know, and honestly, they can just rest as they want so i shouldn't have to consider stop posting things, and well, i don't know where i called others insulting.

I was just poking "community is the problem" attitude is plain stupid.

Edited by Test-995

1 час назад, Test-995 сказал:

I know, and honestly, they can just rest as they want so i shouldn't have to consider stop posting things, and well, i don't know where i called others insulting.

I was just poking "community is the problem" attitude is plain stupid.

You called us "hivemind". Maybe I chose too harsh word but it's unpleasant regardless.

I reread your post. It seems like I misunderstood it's original intention. I apologize.

Community and DE alike need to bring efforts. Game was build on considering us as co-builders and not consumers like many major games do. In the end they cannot satisfy everyone, but rushers/first nighters actually were influencing games to be more grindy over years. Although no one grinder made games as bad as huge publishers and their mtx.

Edited by ThousandLights

Having the thralls appear in regular missions a la Saturn Six fugitives might nix some of the grind. Having weapons with bad bonus simply not exist might make all liches worth fighting. Having tangible benefits to converting them might make the grind seem worthwhile if you don't want the weapon.

6 hours ago, Caramello said:

It was the weekend, plenty of time, there were people day 2 with 8 liches done, you may wanna ask them that O.o

The update was on Thursday and the OP made their post on Friday. What are you on about saying "it was the weekend"?

3 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

The update was on Thursday and the OP made their post on Friday. What are you on about saying "it was the weekend"?

I have Fridays off, so Thursday is the start of my weekend when im done working. 

Update droped here around 7pm Thursday, farmed pretty much nonstop and i got 2 weapons and started my 3rd lich pretty much 20 minutes before making this post (10AM), thats a 15 hour window (i didnt complete my 3rd lich, i just had started it, and saw the duplicate). Someone asked if i didn't sleep, i didn't, i was even gonna keep going for another round, but having a dupe waiting for me made me lose all the will.

Edited by Caramello