The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do you hate the New Meelee changes?

DOOMPATRIOT

5 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

able to one-shot level 100 enemies with meme strike?

The real crux is enemies can one shot you at that level. The idea is we need to one shot the enemy before they can one shot us. Which is why reworking melee like this before touching enemies armor scaling and enemy damage output is a huge mistake. It should have all been done together. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

I can't say that I hate them. For the standard melee weapons there's a lot to like. But I have to say for almost every melee weapon that had a secondary fire mechanic this update has pretty much ruined those particular weapons.  It just seems like they don't work too well with the combo mechanic.

My biggest disappointment is with the changes to the Zenistar.

This change kind of took the wind out of my sails. I haven't logged in to play since I tested the changes and I find it difficult to do so.

I keep hoping I will see some kind of patch that will restore the zenistar to 30 seconds.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I’d post this in feedback.  Seems concise and valid.

I'm banking on them eventually re-adding the charge attack input. (pressing the melee button and holding it) It's currently still listed in the combos so I will wait a bit and see if DE puts them in.

8 hours ago, EmailSoup said:

3. Perform a single heavy attack that is a lot slower than previously, and which can't be done unless the melee is already out. I can no longer shoot the redeemer on demand while using my guns.

Try using the Killing Blow mod. It makes the Heavy Attack hit +120% harder, and wind-up 60% faster.

It's definitely a problem that the melee weapon has to be out first. I have experienced this same problem with Glaive throwing, and using the new Heavy Slam attack (on any weapon).

hace 8 horas, Frenotx dijo:

I'm disappointed that my glaive is waaay less effective. My glaive p. + zakti combo was probably my favorite weapon pairing, before the update. Gotta time it right, but if you detonated the glaive on an enemy right after the zakti darts staggered them, you could do very large amounts of damage. Often could one-shot a lv 130 heavy gunner either outright, or with the forced bleed proc. 2 shots would take them down for sure. Not terribly fast, requires aiming of two different projectiles, and required good timing, but devastatingly effective.

Now, it's equally clunky / challenging to do (with the exception of self damage being removed, which was easy to avoid with practice), but it does waaay less damage. Like, trivial damage to heavy units. I tweaked the build a bit to try and capitalized on the heavy attack changes, but just can't get it to present anywhere near enough of a threat to justify its complexity. The glaive in general just feels entirely not worth it, when I can chew things up way faster with guns or more conventional melee. Very disappointing.

Man Warframe isn't about damage (at least not right now) so who cares if you are still against lvl 35 enemies, they still have the same whack ass AI.

hace 4 horas, Daiwulf dijo:

So far, heavy attacks seem useless 

Guess what Enemies 50 seems to still be dead, so ... Yeah.

hace 4 horas, (PS4)Silverback73 dijo:

Because you work for free, right?

Just kill your “not supporting” comment.  Calling DE “dayum facked up” as your closing comment invalidates your thread.

So you are saying that the requium relic pack is OK?

18 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Today I got out my Fang Primes after...mmm...probably two years of no use at all. They kill lvl70 enemies just fine. Before they kind of struggled with lvl50 ones. I could have experimented more with all the melee-only missions, but didn't bother. Melee-only restrictions are pronounced, "Khora". 

the sucking up is so high in this statement I don't know where to begin. you could kill level 170  with fang prime easily in the past it was done with finisher and stealth + combo meter. if you struggled with any melee in the past other than the slow ones like hate or hammers that needed all the speed mods for melee + beserker for additional speed on crit then youre not a melee player cause its more a fashion statement for you.

ps: DE killed the stealth mechanics causing a lot of melee to be redundant<< they cant help but to shoot themselves in the foot.

Edited by ranks21

I don't necessarily hate it. I'm more like on the fence about it. I don't like the idea that you have to sacrifice all your combo points for a heavy attack unless you invest in inner might. 

I dislike the damage nerf, range changes and combo simplification. I really hope they will look into those and reconsider some of the stuff they did.

I really like animation cancelling and distance covering and mid air melee. 

Melee 3.0 has some pros and cons. Cons seem to outweight the pros slightly atm, but nothing a small update can't fix.

54 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

the sucking up is so high in this statement I don't know where to begin. you could kill level 170  with fang prime easily in the past it was done with finisher and stealth + combo meter. if you struggled with any melee in the past other than the slow ones like hate or hammers that needed all the speed mods for melee + beserker for additional speed on crit then youre not a melee player cause its more a fashion statement for you.

ps: DE killed the stealth mechanics causing a lot of melee to be redundant<< they cant help but to shoot themselves in the foot.

Lets just say I use melee so little I am not particularly concerned about how ultimately effective it is. 

However, I have noted that some weapons have improved from what I recall they were before this latest update. 

So, I'm not sure exactly what your problem is, but keep it to yourself in regards to attributing motivation to people you don't really know. 

even tho melee was OP before, it was atleast diverse.

heavy attacks are garbage. No way am I dropping my 12 stacks of bloodrush for an uneventful attack that has an awful delay and boring animation.

The meta is worst now than with spin to win.

Now its just max crit + speed light attack spam. Fun.

Edited by ADDpillz
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ADDpillz said:

even tho melee was OP before, it was atleast diverse.

heavy attacks are garbage. No way am I dropping my 12 stacks of bloodrush for an uneventful attack that has an awful delay and boring animation.

The meta is worst now than with spin to win.

Now its just max crit + speed light attack spam. Fun.

The more you try to emulate the old, generic quick melee, and avoid the melee system, the more you fail at melee, and miss the point entirely.  Use every combo for its intended purpose.  Use heavy slams for CC and engaging.  Turn your brain on. 

I'm not even addressing the person I'm quoting specifically.  This update is not friendly to people who just want to slap on prime reach and mindlessly mash E, and expect the same results. 

• Like 1

I just wanna say one thing. I condemn your even 'temporary' move to nerf covert lethality to ground, DE. Why do this to a mod now? Was it not unintended when launched? Didn't you guys bring about 8 to 9 major updates and a sea of other minor ones following it's introduction? Why now?! Its too late to nerf it now. Everything has its time. 

29 minutes ago, Shinigami_Greed said:

The more you try to emulate the old, generic quick melee, and avoid the melee system, the more you fail at melee, and miss the point entirely.  Use every combo for its intended purpose.  Use heavy slams for CC and engaging.  Turn your brain on.

No,_I_don't_think_I_will.jpg

because that now heavy and light attack are in different button. Because i can't launch my disk with the zenistar without using the second button, why ? Because zenistar is just useless now and same for the redeemer, they were both my favorite melee since they were so unique and today they just do not work.

Well because unlike you, I only play or want to play lvl60+ missions, and the melee changes they made sucked to the ground, now you have about 1/5 of dmg against high lvl enemies, especially arbitration disruption, I'd like to know how you gonna deal with lvl160 demolysts. They say it's not nerf, yeah for S#&amp;&#036;ty build they use on dev stream and lvl 20 yeah not nerf.  For those who actually play 80+ missions it's nerfed to the ground. 

If by more playability they mean nerf weapons so lvl 50 feel like lvl 80 then I'm not buying that. 

13 minutes ago, Eviluprising said:

Well because unlike you, I only play or want to play lvl60+ missions, and the melee changes they made sucked to the ground, now you have about 1/5 of dmg against high lvl enemies, especially arbitration disruption, I'd like to know how you gonna deal with lvl160 demolysts. They say it's not nerf, yeah for S#&amp;&#036;ty build they use on dev stream and lvl 20 yeah not nerf.  For those who actually play 80+ missions it's nerfed to the ground. 

If by more playability they mean nerf weapons so lvl 50 feel like lvl 80 then I'm not buying that. 

It's only a nerf for the builds that were considered meta before the update.

You now need to build different to be effective. I was finding melee still the best option for dealing with enemies level 60+ while hunting for kuva lich thralls.

It's true that you can no longer meme strike one-shot high level enemies, but that's literally the point. They don't want one-shotting enemies to be the way the game is played.

Hopefully next they deal with enemy scaling.

15 minutes ago, gabriouchka said:

because that now heavy and light attack are in different button. Because i can't launch my disk with the zenistar without using the second button, why ? Because zenistar is just useless now and same for the redeemer, they were both my favorite melee since they were so unique and today they just do not work.

You realize that one goal of the melee rework was to make it more complicated than spamming the E button for an entire mission? They wanted to reward players for actively working at being good, instead of letting people just slot the meta mod build and being good automatically.

Also, Redeemer still works great. You need to build it different. Try to make use of Killing Blow.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

1 hour ago, Shinigami_Greed said:

Use heavy slams for CC and engaging.  Turn your brain on. 

we were doing this long ago  slam attacking for cc its nothing new. slam to down a group/crowd of enemies and perform insta kill finishers with frames like excal that gives boost on one handed swords at 300% or any other weapon at 150%. we kinda turned away from slam attacks after they nerfed it, then brought it back some what within a primed mod and that didn't workout because it now took up a slot.

the melee stat screen is an eyesore and one big congestion (like L.A or NY) highways.you cant have a capped system that is much weaker, and require more button mashing and say it's better than an uncapped one that was far superior in every way.

no one stopped any of you from using any weapons, you progressed through the game and settled on your favorites and that hasn't changed. what has changed is the sensibility of melee, there shouldn't be a case where a knife should have a longer reach than a sword or a hatchet<< braindead.

45 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

You realize that one goal of the melee rework was to make it more complicated than spamming the E button for an entire mission

then why have melee in the game if not to use the melee button to make the weapon do what it's supposed to do:facepalm:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

then why have melee in the game if not to use the melee button to make the weapon do what it's supposed to do

The MMB is also a melee button. The X button is also a melee button.

You're complaint is: "I can't beat the mission by spamming one button endlessly!"

It's a ridiculous complaint.

On 2019-11-01 at 9:07 PM, --DSP--Jetstream said:

I can finally use other melee like kronen prime without "huh these are cool sadly it has no range shame guess ill back using my kripath and ctrl+e!"

new button combination also ok, better than previous eeee (hold) e eeee

in term of style, usability, and fun its a good upgrade since i can see many trash melee become usable

I thought kronen prime was bad because its range had a bug where you literally had to be almost inside the enemy to hit them.

because builds focused on fast atk speed and life steal, now life steal is allowed only by using heaving attack.. that's force me to play in a different playstyle i dont like at all.. all people want lifesteal melee build have to use only heavy attack. why force players? moreover condition overload is useless at the moment since it can stack at its best the number of status effects on enemy, differently from combo multiplier.. so now, status effects on melee are useless. even in this case they force player to use some melee builds. and last why exalted weapon can use some mods? if you think they are too strong is fine , just put a limitation on mods without make mods useless... for lifesteal for example allow max life steal at 1% and 0.4% for exalted weapon (these are only random number).

Lifesteal like that is broken by it's very nature.  It's literally infinite sustain.  It's good that that was nerfed.  Though, at the same time, Sancti magistar doesn't even need Life Strike to do the same thing.  It always had life steal on it's charged/heavy attack.

Edited by Shinigami_Greed

1 hour ago, ranks21 said:

we were doing this long ago  slam attacking for cc its nothing new. slam to down a group/crowd of enemies and perform insta kill finishers with frames like excal that gives boost on one handed swords at 300% or any other weapon at 150%. we kinda turned away from slam attacks after they nerfed it, then brought it back some what within a primed mod and that didn't workout because it now took up a slot.

No, no, the new middle mouse button slam attack, that puts enemies into a lifted status and actually has a bit more AOE damage.  THAT'S new.  Normal slam attacks are actually a bit smaller, AOE wise now.  Unless it's Jat Kittag. 

On 2019-11-01 at 8:43 PM, DOOMPATRIOT said:

I am not supporting DE, especially since they have proven that they just want money, It is a company, of course It wants that money (but It is still facked up) but dayum.

You know, i continually see people saying that DE just wants the money now. What incited this? What did they do to make players think this?