Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 10.2.0

[DE]Megan

I don't understand people who say "RIP gram". Gram and galantine have exactly the same DPS cause galantine's charge-up time is twice as long a gram's. Gram is even more effective against low-level enemies, that can be killed with its 1 charged attack. Just pick one that looks better.

Otherwise, this is a good fix. Thank you, DE.

Someone already crunched the numbers.

Galatine outputs more charged DPS than the Orthos Prime by about 10%.

But Orthos / Orthos Prime has the excuse for range and due to that they can still melee toxic ancients which this BFS can't unless you are Rhino or Trinity of course.

Previously Orthos and Gram was Orthos > Gram in DPS by just a little.

But Gram has jump knock down as utility. So it is a fair trade.

Orthos Prime further skewers Gram by having more charged DPS, but Gram still stay strong because of jump knock down.

But Galatine has jump knock down and even more DPS than an Orthos Prime.

So uhmm yeah Gram for all purpose is superseded.

Edited by fatpig84

400 charge damage... 5 enemies per swing..

Great, you just created the most powerful melee weapon in the game.

Can I get refund for Dual Ichors and all other melee weapons I have spent crafting since they are not even worth looking at now?

Dual Ichors are still better.

It is not just numbers but the swings as well.

Edited by fatpig84

bug Alert: when i hack a console with cyphers - sometimes (for me too often) it took 1 cypher, and after is hacked - another one... is pretty annoying when we pay handful of money and resources for this cyphers (and wait as hell to be done) and they are consumed so fast.

bug Alert: when i hack a console with cyphers - sometimes (for me too often) it took 1 cypher, and after is hacked - another one... is pretty annoying when we pay handful of money and resources for this cyphers (and wait as hell to be done) and they are consumed so fast.

Not a bug,  Cyphers only move up to 4 of code things.    So if the lock as more then 4 it will use an extra cypher to hack the final pieces for you.   Noticed it myself and rather like it.   Granted cyphers are a pain to make, but when I choose to use them, I don't have to manually turn that final piece.  

Saw the singular new weapon and was kind of let down, not cause of the weapon itself cause i feared it would be a platinum weapon that would only rarely pop up on alerts... but it's available as a blueprint for everyone and it's rather easy to craft too.

I'm also quiet happy that the massive charge damage comes with the drawback of slow swing and charge speed and realy low slash damage, especially when you take the low swingspeed into account. Making the weapon not the 'superior to everything else' thing I feared it might be.

I have a hard time noticing any difference in sound level when using the hush or supress mod though.

Not a bug,  Cyphers only move up to 4 of code things.    So if the lock as more then 4 it will use an extra cypher to hack the final pieces for you.   Noticed it myself and rather like it.   Granted cyphers are a pain to make, but when I choose to use them, I don't have to manually turn that final piece.  

Did you just intentionally refuse to understand that this is exactly the bug that he was talking about?

Edited by Uuni

Fixes:

• Carrier would only suck up drops with Vacuum if the host has not picked them up already. Now he sucks up drops regardless of if the host has picked them up!

Actually I have noticed that my loots were sucked by the other guy's carrier. Which is damn annoying. Hope it was only a one time bug, carrier is not that common among those that I play with but the though disturbs me.

____________  _ _  ____________

WotV_logo_gold_small.png

Melee weapons in general seem to be a largely misunderstood beast. I'll partially blame the wiki for this as going off their data-mined weapon stats you would be right in quickly coming to a conclusion that charge damage is far and away superior to normal attacks. For instance, Dual Ethers are listed as having an attack rate close to 1.25 attacks/sec. If you actually go into a mission with a stop watch and unmodded Ethers you'll see they attack roughly once per 0.37 seconds, or about 2.7 attacks/sec. This is naturally a huge difference when you start calculating DPS. I think a lot of people would be surprised to know how close charge damage and normal damage actually are. At least, until armor becomes an issue (charge deals serration damage), but we're all hoping that gets addressed soon. 

Then there's Reflex Coil, a mod most charge builds include which actually adds very little to your performance. Gram, for instance, takes roughly 0.7 seconds to charge, and then 0.8 seconds to finish its' swinging animation. When you use Reflex Coil that 0.7s is going 60% faster for a new total of something like 0.45 seconds, which is roughly 0.2 seconds faster. That's barely even noteworthy, yet every single guide or shred of advice I've seen for a charge build encourages Reflex Coil. 

I guess my point is that we need to be a little smarter when we go declaring a weapon as the new hotness. Looking at one variable out of a sea of variables that happens to be a bigger number than we are used to seeing isn't going to cut it. I'll go get the weapon at some point and actually test it out, but I'm willing to bet based on reports of its' charge time that it isn't actually out-performing Gram or Orthos or Whatever by a significant margin.

A significant margin meaning that it's charge attack damage would allow you to finish off an enemy with less swings or time than another weapon. Like... a 35 damage weapon and a 30 damage weapon deal practically the same damage in practice as they kill the enemy in the same amount of time. That kind of significant.