Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Other players not engaging their lichs blocking other lich spawns

Ralyks

Players ignoring their lichs and blocking spawns for the rest of the squad is a REALLY BAD PROBLEM RIGHT NOW. Its faster to farm murmurs in a squad so playing solo cripples your farm. Its now taking almost twice as long to complete a lich encounter because inconsiderate players ignore their lich preventing mine from spawning.

There needs to be a despawn timer, a vote to kick, a something. Because players are A******s.

• Like 3

Well, I'm sorry, but what if I don't have the mods necessary for it yet? I will have to raise my Lich's level, making fighting him tougher down the line for your convenience? While normally I'm all for being considerate of others, I'm sorry, I'm not gonna do it for you.

• Like 9

Just now, Askorti said:

Well, I'm sorry, but what if I don't have the mods necessary for it yet? I will have to raise my Lich's level, making fighting him tougher down the line for your convenience? While normally I'm all for being considerate of others, I'm sorry, I'm not gonna do it for you.

I agree this is the same reason I don’t fight him yet. I’m still farming words I only have 4 words. 

• Like 3

Farm the words first and trial and error them instead of wasting time farming murmurs? and "it gets stronger" is a very stupid reason, it barely gets stronger. You farming 150 murmurs first to get the words will take much much longer than trying words out to find them and you'll be ruining other players farm aswell

Edited by Ralyks
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mrbubblepants said:

I agree this is the same reason I don’t fight him yet. I’m still farming words I only have 4 words. 

Except you have no reason to do those lich missions if you dont have words yet. Get the words first or atleast dont block spawns.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ralyks said:

Farm the words first and trial and error them instead of wasting time farming murmurs? and "it gets stronger" is a very stupid reason, it barely gets stronger. You farming 150 murmurs first to get the words will take much much longer than trying words out to find them and you'll be ruining other players farm aswell

So you are saying entitled player like you tell others how they play their game?

Wasn't there a solution for this? Play solo if playing with others bother you this much

edit: I do, however, agree that DE has to do sth about this issue. But your approach definitely is the wrong one

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

1 minute ago, -skimmer- said:

Except you have no reason to do those lich missions if you dont have words yet. Get the words first or atleast dont block spawns.

Inbetween kuva missions what would u like me to do sit on my thumb? i choose my farm u choose yours. I dont tell you how to play do I?

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

So you are saying entitled player like you tell others how they play their game?

Wasn't there a solution for this? Play solo if playing with others bother you this much

So me joining your mobile defense and just never inserting the data mass is my way of playing and your entitled to think I'd just want to complete the mission because thats what YOU'RE there to do? You're defending that? Because its the same

• Like 1

Just now, Ralyks said:

So me joining your mobile defense and just never inserting the data mass is my way of playing and your entitled to think I'd just want to complete the mission because thats what YOU'RE there to do? You're defending that? Because its the same

If you did that im sure he would just leave the mission and start over. And if it kept happening he would solo it. 

2 minutes ago, Ralyks said:

So me joining your mobile defense and just never inserting the data mass is my way of playing

No. This is trolling and will be sanctioned by support if reported because you purposely stop the mission. Not killing the lich won't. The mission goes on, your lich will just not spawn

Thats a difference

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

11 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

To be able to pinpoint which exact 3 words you need. If you knew which 3 words you need, you can focus on getting them as opposed to getting each of the 8 mods. It's the most economical way since the alternative of getting all the words means at best, 8 relics, but realistically, probably more than 20.

7 minutes ago, Ralyks said:

This is a very different scenario. The objective of the territory mission is not specifically to kill the Lich (or dying to the Lich pointlessly in most cases).

Edited by RX-3DR
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

No. This is trolling and will be sanctioned by support if reported because you purposely stop the mission. Not killing the lich won't. The mission goes on, your lich will just not spawn

Thats a difference

No I'm just making your progression of that mission take longer because I want to farm the mobs that spawn, its my own way of farming. Exactly the same

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

To be able to pinpoint which exact 3 words you need. If you knew which 3 words you need, you can focus on getting them as opposed to getting each of the 8 mods. It's the most economical way since the alternative of getting all the words means at best, 8 relics, but realistically, probably more than 20.

Except the acquirement of both relics and words is pure rng. Radding relics doesnt change that. Knowing the words you are seeking does not help you with farming the specific ones.

9 minutes ago, mrbubblepants said:

I dont tell you how to play do I?

Yes, you actually do by willingly going into multiplayer sessions and then literally blocking everybody else from confronting their lich, which is what they came into that mission to do. You are literally hijacking the game out of the hands of everybody else. What part of that you are not getting?

Edited by -skimmer-

1 minute ago, Ralyks said:

No I'm just making your progression of that mission take longer because I want to farm the mobs that spawn, its my own way of farming. Exactly the same

Thats fine you can do that, but then everyone will leave and n what? Nothing! See you can farm how you want but if it esnt line up with other players goals you cant force them to join you. It not your game it theirs as well. Dont get salty if things dont go your way leave and try again or recruit, maybe solo just dont hine about people not doing things your way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

Except the acquirement of both relics and words is pure rng. Radding relics doesnt change that.

It's not pure RNG unless you're doing it solo. Assuming you have 2 of the needed words, you're in a group of 4 people and the rewards show 3 words, 1 of which is the final piece you need, would it be RNG that makes you pick the other 2? Or would you do the most sensible option and pick the one you need and proceed to kill the Lich?

Edited by RX-3DR

2 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

Except the acquirement of both relics and words is pure rng. Radding relics doesnt change that. Knowing the words you are seeking does not help you with farming the specific ones.

Yes, you actually do by willingly going into multiplayer sessions and then literally blocking everybody else from confronting their lich, which is what they came into that mission to do. You are literally hijacking the game out of the hands of everybody else. What part of that you are not getting?

I cant willingly block lich spawns that would be trolling. If you dont like how it works talk to DE. I dont click a magic button and say hey spawn here and mess up their S#&$.

5 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Except you'll be banned for trolling and I'm not :clem:

Like said. You'll hinder the whole mission, I'm not.

My mission is to kill my lich, the other players in the mission intend to rule out words, you are hindering the entire team

5 minutes ago, mrbubblepants said:

I cant willingly block lich spawns that would be trolling. If you dont like how it works talk to DE. I dont click a magic button and say hey spawn here and mess up their S#&$.

You are willingly doing that by knowing it works that way. And you know it works that way.

And yeah, DE obviously overlooked that possibility by not expecting people to behave so irrationally and waste time by figuring out words before acquiring words. I mean, thats literally why those liches arent random spawns in any mission like stalker. They did anticipate it to some extend, just not from people actually subscribing to lich specific missions.

And we are talking to DE right now. Thats sort of the purpose of the forums to have this exchange so they can see it.

Edited by -skimmer-

2 minutes ago, Ralyks said:

My mission is to kill my lich, the other players in the mission intend to rule out words, you are hindering the entire team

This right here. His mission and their mission so whos is what? Why should yours trump theirs if both things have to happen in the same place? Who got their first,who wrote the rules, who died and made u king to decide?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, -skimmer- said:

You are willingly doing that by knowing it works that way. And you know it works that way.

And yeah, DE obviously overlooked that possibility by not expecting people to behave so irrationally and waste time by figuring out words before acquiring words. I mean, thats literally why those liches arent random spawns in any mission like stalker. They did anticipate it to some extend, just not from people actually subscribing to lich specific missions.

And we are talking to DE right now. Thats sort of the purpose of the forums to have this exchange so they can see it.

No this is general discussion,  they read the feedback threads. Maybe take your complaint to the correct soap box then?

23 minutes ago, Ralyks said:

Hmmm, it is Sunday morning and I've only had one cup of coffee, but it seems to me as if you farm murmurs and know what the 3 words are you have 6 different combinations to try. But without knowing what the words are you have 8 words to deal with. I believe that ups the number of combinations considerably. I haven't done the math, but I'm thinking thousands of combinations from 8 words.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdpig said:

Hmmm, it is Sunday morning and I've only had one cup of coffee, but it seems to me as if you farm murmurs and know what the 3 words are you have 6 different combinations to try. But without knowing what the words are you have 8 words to deal with. I believe that ups the number of combinations considerably. I haven't done the math, but I'm thinking thousands of combinations from 8 words.

How many lichs are you up to on your method of farming all 3 murmurs first?

6 minutes ago, 3rdpig said:

You're not trying to get the perfect combo your trying to guess the first one, by trying them all until you find it. and by then a murmur should have revealed one, which hopefully would be the second or third word. And now that you have found the first word you can see if your revealed murmur is second or third very easily. Then you just guess the middle or last. Its a huge time saver

Edited by Ralyks