Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Other players not engaging their lichs blocking other lich spawns

Ralyks

The only reason why they don't kill, or try to kill their leech is,because they don't want it to make it harder on future atemps. which is a pathetic excuse to be able to say that the game is too easy, at the cost of blocking other players or whatever it takes... The kuva leeches are designed so that is hard  to kill them, and the higher their lvl is, more planets are affected. They become more difficult as you figure out the combination.  As you progress, they progress.

Skipping attempts to kill your leech, for me, should be punished even more severely than trying to kill them and fail. something like that his leech at the end of the mission becomes a lvl superior to 5, skipping previous steps. showing that he hates him for ignoring him. that will also make the player will neded help from the future mission party members to be able to kill him.

2 hours ago, 3rdpig said:

Hmmm, it is Sunday morning and I've only had one cup of coffee, but it seems to me as if you farm murmurs and know what the 3 words are you have 6 different combinations to try. But without knowing what the words are you have 8 words to deal with. I believe that ups the number of combinations considerably. I haven't done the math, but I'm thinking thousands of combinations from 8 words.

its 8^3 which is around 2k possible combinations granted once you hit 1/2 spots it goes down to 64 or less

Edited by LoveNot

6 minutes ago, JeranTek said:

Why has no-one suggested you get let yourself get downed and have one of your team revive you?

If you go down, your lich leaves. No levels, no pain, everyone else can get their lich to spawn if they want it.

That only happens solo actually, the lich will only leave if all players are downed

Am 3.11.2019 um 18:25 schrieb Askorti:

Well, I'm sorry, but what if I don't have the mods necessary for it yet? I will have to raise my Lich's level, making fighting him tougher down the line for your convenience? While normally I'm all for being considerate of others, I'm sorry, I'm not gonna do it for you.

Run your mission solo then. Why the hell are you  being that ignorant. Get some clanmates or friends to help you instead of blocking my spawn with your imcompetence

• Like 1

On 2019-11-03 at 12:53 PM, Ralyks said:

My mission is to kill my lich, the other players in the mission intend to rule out words, you are hindering the entire team

No, your mission when you join a public match on a mobile defense is to complete the mobile defense objectives.  The Thrall spawns and Lich spawn are simply a part of the resistance to completing that mission.  Taking them out is 100% non-essential, but the objectives must be completed.  You can and should (and in my presence, WILL) be reported for hindering progress on the mission itself.

P.S.  No one gives a $#!% about you and your lich, so that's an issue DE needs to address along with a myriad of others introduced with this promising yet seriously flawed system.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer
  • Like 1

salt bae GIF by G1ft3d

Love reading that Salt.

No seriously, it just sucks if you wanna farm murmur to know how to beat the lich and then get killed by it and its gets stronger and int he end you can not beat it except with specific frames or a lot of help...

let us farm murmur anywhere on grineer maps?
YES is already works like this anyway.. my lich is on PLUTO, my friends lich is on MARS, when i help her i get murmur for my lich if i kill her thralls...
SO, why not let us farm murmur anywhere?

That way no one is annoying people who wanna spawn their liches...

4 hours ago, RecklessCarnage said:

Run your mission solo then. Why the hell are you  being that ignorant. Get some clanmates or friends to help you instead of blocking my spawn with your imcompetence

playing in groups spawns more thralls. Also, I can just as easily say the exact same thing back to you. Want to kill your Lich? Do it solo.

See? This brings us nowhere. I do not think either group is in the wrong. What's wrong is the S#&$ty system that antagonizes players and promotes this kind of toxic behavior.

Edited by Askorti
  • Like 2

19 минут назад, Askorti сказал:

playing in groups spawns more thralls. Also, I can just as easily say the exact same thing back to you. Want to kill your Lich? Do it solo.

See? This brings us nowhere. I do not think either group is in the wrong. What's wrong is the S#&$ty system that antagonizes players and promotes this kind of toxic behavior.

I agree. DE need to nerf thralls spawns in groups so they will be same as solo 😉  So there will be no reason to ruin team run = those who refuse to do his lich - will be punished :3  Cause they would be clearly inting trolls.

For last hour i met such people in 3 runs. Thats very infuriating.

Liches should be on a timer or despawn if the player goes far away enough from it. 

And then they would have a VA saying something REALLY degrading like:

"All that glitter and gold is just for show huh? You didnt look that good anyways hahahah" -Male Lich

"As expected of children, they run away to their mother. Pathetic."- Female Lich

Serious question for those who say "just kill the Lich to find out which mod is the 1st/2nd/3rd one" (be it with or without murmurs). - Does you Lich spawn that often that you can actually do it that way? - Cause for me no Lich has ever spawned without being Enraged to the max. - And that takes 4-5 missions to happen.

Also, if it's all about killing your Lich for you and it's not hard for you to do... why aren't you just soloing the missions when the Lich is Enraged and almost guaranteed to show up?

On 2019-11-03 at 12:21 PM, Ralyks said:

Players ignoring their lichs and blocking spawns for the rest of the squad is a REALLY BAD PROBLEM RIGHT NOW. Its faster to farm murmurs in a squad so playing solo cripples your farm. Its now taking almost twice as long to complete a lich encounter because inconsiderate players ignore their lich preventing mine from spawning.

There needs to be a despawn timer, a vote to kick, a something. Because players are A******s.

DE made the decision to railroad players into RnG-only insta-suicide to level up their Lich, even after they have the “correct” Requiem Mods But have no way to figure out sequence.

There are MULTIPLE reasons beyond “griefing” that players are avoiding their Lich.

Talk to DE.

• Like 2

On 2019-11-03 at 5:21 PM, Ralyks said:

There needs to be a despawn timer, a vote to kick, a something. Because players are A******s.

Just an FYI, some players of lower levels don't want to level their lich too much because they cant cope with level 100+ enemies yet.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

DE made the decision to railroad players into RnG-only insta-suicide to level up their Lich, even after they have the “correct” Requiem Mods But have no way to figure out sequence.

There are MULTIPLE reasons beyond “griefing” that players are avoiding their Lich.

Talk to DE.

What? There are no reasons to avoid you Lich. Yeah he might stomp your ass but you get a boost towards your murmurs for even trying and if you even have half a brain you can rather quickly figure out which Mods you need. And it's not like ranking him up HURTS you, it's actually useful as it expands their territory and gives you more missions to farm (I hate doing spy and extraction missions personally)

Yeah they need add an option to skip lich. Because some people are starting to get on my nerves. Not only killing a kuva lich is an RNG ridden chore by itself, now I'm running into lots of folk who simply ignore their lich, making it a longer and a harder process than it is. 

Please, if you don't wanna deal with your lich till you get all your murmur, play the content solo till that point and stop being a nuisance to other people. 

24 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Just an FYI, some players of lower levels don't want to level their lich too much because they cant cope with level 100+ enemies yet.

Then they shouldn't have a lich in the first place.

Edited by White_Matter

25 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

What? There are no reasons to avoid you Lich. Yeah he might stomp your ass but you get a boost towards your murmurs for even trying and if you even have half a brain you can rather quickly figure out which Mods you need. And it's not like ranking him up HURTS you, it's actually useful as it expands their territory and gives you more missions to farm (I hate doing spy and extraction missions personally)

If you like killing yourself over and over after stacked RnG with no recourse and have that be how you define “awesome Lich combat”, enjoy.

It destroys immersion for me.  And I haven’t even played it yet.  Just watching it, it looks ridiculous.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

I've personally taken to letting my Lich linger longer in my missions as it seems to boost the thrall count.

Purely anecdotal, But in group missions where the Thrall doesn't linger long the murmur count seems lower than I get in solo missions where the Lich is allowed to remain until he spawns out on his own.

That said, I think both sides have a valid grievance and I hope DE come come up with a workable solution.

vor 35 Minuten schrieb White_Matter:

Please, if you don't wanna deal with your lich till you get all your murmur, play the content solo till that point and stop being a nuisance to other people.

Blaime DE for this decision to force it into peoples throat. Your not entitled to tell Players in PUG how to play the Game. Even if it sucks, you should wrote it to DE instead.

vor 35 Minuten schrieb White_Matter:

But they will thanks to the forced system which they (DE) didnt think about to much of a trolling potential kind of view and taking the bad things instead of the good ones from Shadow of Mordor.

They should have connect it more to the Kuva Fortress. He will stay there, commanding Elite Units and you have to figure it out (Murmurs) to unlock his special mission node. Spy, sabotage etc. etc. etc. and they could have done so many of it with the Nightmare Mission System on top of it for difficulty purposes. Instead they've done a crappy version of the Stalker and Syndicate Guys invading you...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Uh just because I'm mr 10 does not mean I should not have a level 50-60 lich and avoid getting it to 100+ or not be able to try and get a cool *new* kuva weapon and iirc you can actually get more murmurs by keeping the lich alive..

46 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Murmur collection is faster and easier with other people 🙂 while killing your lich or at least trying to is easier solo.

Realistically either option will be considered 'selfish' at the end of the day and is bound to "get on someone's nerves"

This does need to be changed.