Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave as competitive challenges

(PSN)Laertide

Hello everyone. I have some ideas about the Conclave I would like to share with you.

Basically my idea is to transform the conclave into a series of 7 challenges that recall the hall of ascension of the moon.

Collaboration: Lunaro, but each round lasts 5 minutes. Whoever scores the most points wins the round. Whoever wins two rounds out of three wins the match.

Cunning: For this I would propose a rugby-style cephalon capture. Only the enemy with the cephalon can be landed and, consequently will lose the cephalon (in this case it returns to its original place). But, each player, besides being equipped with a melee weapon, will possess an ancient artifact of inestimable value: The SOAKETRON PRIME, which will serve to slow down opposing players. Each round lasts 5 minutes. Whoever scores the most points wins the round. Whoever wins two rounds out of three wins the match.

Endurance: This challenge consists in defending an area from a continuous infested horde. The moment a foe enters the area, the team takes a point and all the infested die. At that point the invasion resumes. The two teams can be placed in two identical but separate maps, or in a mirror map (in this case they can't damage each others). Each round lasts 5 minutes. Whoever scores the least points wins the round. Whoever wins two rounds out of three wins the match.

Power: In this case we would have an index arena in which all the players will be equipped with opticors and the enemies will be arbiter drones that will move continuously. These opticors can only and exclusively damage the drones that will drop an index token. The greater the number of index tokens a player has, the longer the weapon's charge time. Each round lasts 5 minutes. Whoever delivers the most points in the base wins the round. Whoever wins two rounds out of three wins the match.

Speed: For this challenge we would have two identical maps (one for each team), formed by an infinite number of random tilesets. In this case the warframe powers will be deactivated. As the challenge begins, a parkour competition starts. The score is calculated as the sum of the amount of meters from the start that each player made up to the end of the race. Each round lasts 5 minutes. Whoever scores the most points wins the round. Whoever wins two rounds out of three wins the match.

Stealth: We conclude with a challenge of hide and seek. 2 identical maps. In each round one team member is transported to the other map and gets 20 seconds of invisibility to hide. As it remains still it emits a sound that increases in volume, signaling the seekers of its presence (this to force it to move constantly without being detected). Seekers will be equipped with the only object that causes wet dreams in each Tenno: The SOAKETRON PRIME. When they find and hit the player who has hidden, they will earn a point. The opponent will return invisible for 20 seconds to move and the challenge continues. Each round lasts 5 minutes. Whoever scores the most points wins the round. Whoever wins two rounds out of three wins the match.

Agility: I have no ideas at the moment. Any help and constructive reply is welcome.

The conclave would work this way: every week Tenshin opens the challenges. If a player wins a match, that challenge is considered completed and he gains a certain amount of endo. If by the end of the week, the player has completed all the challenges, he receives an email from Tenshin with some kuva.

Obviously only the settings and mods for the conclave will be valid.

In any case, every time a player takes part in a challenge, he earns a good amount of standing with the conclave.

This is because the important thing is not to win, but to participate in a competition.

I think the right amount is around 10,000 standings. This is because, for any syndicate, an MR 27 takes a maximum of 50 minutes to earn the daily maximum, and participating in 3 challenges requires at least 45 minutes of play, so I think it is an adequate amount.

As for the current game modes, as long as there are players who will enjoy themselves, they should remain valid with the current rules.

The idea is to make the conclave valuable as a competitive mode even for those who do not want to shoot other players.

As always, every constructive comment is welcome.

Well, ya in luck. Tactical Potato's recent interview with Megan just revealed that DE are interested in reviving PvP after all - for some reason.

Just saying, this may be more useful in the Feedback forum than one might initially assume.

Edited by KnossosTNC

5 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Well, ya in luck. Tactical Potato's recent interview with Megan just revealed that DE are interested in reviving PvP after all - for some reason.

Just saying, this may be more useful in the Feedback forum than one might initially assume.

Really? I'm going to check that. Honestly, Conclave videos always reminded me of an old game called GunZ, because of the abuse of parkour movements to stay alive. PVP would also help keep players interested in a daily basis, and mitigate the damage of long content drought periods.

Edited by HolySeraphin
  • Like 2

I would rather see Warframe get a form of PvP that's more like competitive co-op. That is to say, you're not so much fighting the other team, as you're trying to compete to do better than the other in a mission.

For example: the old WC3 custom map, Enfos' Team Survival. It had two teams split into different maps. Waves of enemies would come at you trying to reach an objective you need to keep them away from. Whoever loses first... is the loser. The idea being that whoever is better at killing off waves of enemies without dying is the winner.
If one team completed a wave faster, this would force the next wave to start for BOTH teams, causing the other team to have to deal with a snowball of ever-increasing numbers of enemies if they don't pick up the pace.

I would love to see Warframe pick up that idea and run with it for their "PvP" content. And then expand it on with different versions of the same idea.

I don't want to see Tenno trying to kill each other, but more... trying to one-up each other.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

It's the only content that has the potential to never run out due to the fact that human input is what keeps it interesting.

Problem being, just like anything else in this game, if there's no real rewards, the vast majority of players are going to ignore it (as they do now) and if there are real rewards, the vast majority of players will do it just long enough to get those rewards and then never touch it again- as happens with most of the content in this game. Especially considering warframe is, by and large, a PvE game played by PvE players. 

Here's what I'd say is a hint to "reviving pvp":

unknown.png

I really really wonder if that also includes fixing the issues that have bled into the existing modes with PvE changes.

As for your suggestions: that'd probably already be exceeding the amount of attention they're willing to spare.

12 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

It's the only content that has the potential to never run out due to the fact that human input is what keeps it interesting.

I find pvp dull because it gets repetitive.

People who think that it stays interesting because "you never know what will happen!" just don't seem to be very good at reading human behavior and/or predicting it.

Just now, DrakeWurrum said:

I find pvp dull because it gets repetitive.

People who think that it stays interesting because "you never know what will happen!" just don't seem to be very good at reading human behavior and/or predicting it.

Although Warframe is a very fast-paced game and reading human behavior is harder when you take only 2.5 seconds to reach the other side of the map.

4 hours ago, Paradoxity said:

Problem being, just like anything else in this game, if there's no real rewards, the vast majority of players are going to ignore it (as they do now) and if there are real rewards, the vast majority of players will do it just long enough to get those rewards and then never touch it again- as happens with most of the content in this game. Especially considering warframe is, by and large, a PvE game played by PvE players. 

I've given up arguing for pvp so i'm just not going to. I just said my response because it's the best explanation for why they would be thinking about re working pvp.

11 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

For example: the old WC3 custom map, Enfos' Team Survival. It had two teams split into different maps. Waves of enemies would come at you trying to reach an objective you need to keep them away from. Whoever loses first... is the loser. The idea being that whoever is better at killing off waves of enemies without dying is the winner.
If one team completed a wave faster, this would force the next wave to start for BOTH teams, causing the other team to have to deal with a snowball of ever-increasing numbers of enemies if they don't pick up the pace.

Well, my endurance challenge idea is similiar.

I thought more of a sport competition like orokin eptathlon, without toxic players, where everybody could enjoy playing...

11 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I don't want to see Tenno trying to kill each other, but more... trying to one-up each other.

Yes, I can't agree more... This is why I put down these conclave concepts.

Co-op doesn't mean toxic competitive system

17 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Just... Why... They have so many things to work on, and they chose to spend time on this?

Oh well, I am not a developer, I certainly do not work at DE, so who am I to tell them what to focus on.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins

11 hours ago, Paradoxity said:

Well, I can't agree...

A lot of players would like to own the armor and syandana of Conclave, but they don't play because of the toxicity of the PvP community and the hours spent on finding other players.

I think that DE should reconsider PvP more in a cooperative way and less in a shoot each others...

17 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

To  be honest, I heard that DE is going to revive Conclave, but in a different way as it is now... So nobody know if they want to make it PvP like other games or something different....

As much as break neck speed frame pvp has its own little niche audience. Wish it was a lot slower a la grineer vs corpus or something. I'm too old and angry for parkour slam jam. 

And while more sportly like modes seem less infuriating. Lunaro was still a horrific failure. DE would be better off with a forge mode with tools and rules. People can make their own fun.

Like I would totally remake Grifball with Kittags.

And popular ones can eventually be supported by DE and be given conclave points for participating.

Edited by Firetempest

2 hours ago, Firetempest said:

As much as break neck speed frame pvp has its own little niche audience. Wish it was a lot slower a la grineer vs corpus or something. I'm too old and angry for parkour slam jam. 

And while more sportly like modes seem less infuriating. Lunaro was still a horrific failure. DE would be better off with a forge mode with tools and rules. People can make their own fun.

Like I would totally remake Grifball with Kittags.

And popular ones can eventually be supported by DE and be given conclave points for participating.

Warframe's Parkour 1.0 was a lot slower, mainly because it had stamina, lacked bullet jump and wall-running was more limited. But I don't think they will make PVP use the old parkour system. Here's footage of how it used to be.

The problem is that many players that play the game like and are used to the parkour system, being one of the main "selling points" of the game: freedom of movement. Because the main game is focused on this, I don't think that many of the current players would enjoy a slower-paced PVP. Could be wrong,though and many may like a slower PVP

Edited by HolySeraphin