Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Firestorm should be an allowed in pexilus slot

-Milmo-

7 minutes ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

It increases effective DPS, therefore it can't be allowed in the exilus mod slot. 

*cough* 

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20171030145733latest?cb=20191102045203latest?cb=20191101055720latest?cb=20191101055719latest?cb=20191101055717

There's a ton of mods I think should be exilus, but DE has been ignoring these pleas. 

Yeah, this is why I said most weapons that need Ammo Mutation would be using Vigilante Supplies for that crit enhance in general.

7 hours ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

It increases effective DPS, therefore it can't be allowed in the exilus mod slot. 

*cough* 

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20171030145733latest?cb=20191102045203latest?cb=20191101055720latest?cb=20191101055719latest?cb=20191101055717

There's a ton of mods I think should be exilus, but DE has been ignoring these pleas. 

Which mods should be? And why did you mention Vigilante Pursuit in your "coughs"?

Edited by (XB1)Rez090
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

You can use Vigilante Supplies which is effectively DPS, Projectile Flight Speed on shotguns/projectiles, and holstered reload mods. To be honest I don't want Firestorm to be Pexilus, and I wish flight speed and vigilante supples were both removed. It would be nice to actually think of an interesting mod to use, but given there are indirect DPS mods, there's no reason to use something else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

You can use Vigilante Supplies which is effectively DPS, Projectile Flight Speed on shotguns/projectiles, and holstered reload mods. To be honest I don't want Firestorm to be Pexilus, and I wish flight speed and vigilante supples were both removed.

So, you want exilus slot to be for ammo mutation mods only?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kefirno said:

So, you want exilus slot to be for ammo mutation mods only?

Pexilus should be utility only. This includes recoil, ammo maximum, holster speed, some augments, etc. Stuff that affects DPS like a vigilante mod and projectile flight speed are the go to choice for everything. There's no variety in looking into Pexilus options for a Bow when you can just put in Terminal Velocity. Essentially there are Power Drift style mods in the weapons category, except with Warframes, there are parkour options and interesting choices besides 15% strength. On a weapon, your goal is to kill and anything that can go into a 9th slot towards more damage is way better than any utility mod.

Edited by Voltage

37 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Pexilus should be utility only. This includes recoil, ammo maximum, holster speed, some augments, etc. Stuff that affects DPS like a vigilante mod and projectile flight speed are the go to choice for everything. There's no variety in looking into Pexilus options for a Bow when you can just put in Terminal Velocity.

Recoil, zoom, aim movement and silence are such garbage in 99.9% of cases that you can't justify forma investment even the were the only option. DE should reduce thier capacity cost to nearly free just to make their appeal be "something I can use without wasting formas and ruining builds flexibility". Pure ammo mods also aren't very useful when so many players have fully forma'd carrier as their primary companion.

If you want to reduce everything to DPS math then holster speed mods also shouldn't be in exilus slot because you're spending less time switching weapons and more time shooting. Same for recoil/accuracy because more shots hit the target.

I'd rather have more mods as exilus option (reload speed, status duration, most if not all augments) even if they boost damage output technically just to decrease overall amount of "dead" mods (while killing a few other mods for good). This is nothing compared to power creed caused by primed mods and rivens.

Perfect solution would be to rework the entire mods roster entirely and turn them all into combination of damage and utility but this is never going to happen.

Edited by Kefirno

3 hours ago, Kefirno said:

Recoil, zoom, aim movement and silence are such garbage in 99.9% of cases that you can't justify forma investment even the were the only option. DE should reduce thier capacity cost to nearly free just to make their appeal be "something I can use without wasting formas and ruining builds flexibility". Pure ammo mods also aren't very useful when so many players have fully forma'd carrier as their primary companion.

If you want to reduce everything to DPS math then holster speed mods also shouldn't be in exilus slot because you're spending less time switching weapons and more time shooting. Same for recoil/accuracy because more shots hit the target.

I'd rather have more mods as exilus option (reload speed, status duration, most if not all augments) even if they boost damage output technically just to decrease overall amount of "dead" mods (while killing a few other mods for good). This is nothing compared to power creed caused by primed mods and rivens.

Perfect solution would be to rework the entire mods roster entirely and turn them all into combination of damage and utility but this is never going to happen.

This is kind of why i wanted plenty of gimmick mods to count towards those slots. Firestorm is not really increasing damage but simply increasing the `reach` those weapons can touch, which is the same logic as flight speed, which makes bullets just get to a target quicker.

Also wish mods like Harkonar scope was allowed, since its only use is for sniper rifles and we all know how heavily people rely on combo counter when it comes to sniper rifles, even if they are mainly regulated to eidolons, for good reason. Plus i am sure plenty are going to get TICKED when d.e. decides to revamp shot-combos, now that they changed how its melee big brother is now.

Granted i could see mods like Argon scope being a problem with a weapon exilus slot for very obvious reasons, though it would be nice if spring-loaded magazine and other situational mods that require an action to occur, that is not just `hit a target`, to be allowed permission in the exilus slot. But i am sure the white knights will keep clinging to defend any bad decisions that D.E. pulled and that could not just be allowed to let us really enjoy the reason why we even wanted weapon exilus slots to begin with.

Because lets be honest, if D.E. cant give us `mods that boost the damage potential in the weapon exilus slots`, then they might as well gut the drift mods from the warframe exilus slots too while their at it, so everyone puts mods like `aviator`, `enemy sense`, `rush`, `etc.`, unless d.e. decides movement speed mods are a in-direct way to inflate DPS.

I agree, add firestorm.  Add anything that modifies a weapon.  The dragoon (rightfully) gets the extra bounce, but other synidcate mods that add status do not. 

You have to have every slot forma (well if using prime mods) plus a forma for the bp, so we are talking about 7+ forma per weapon.  10 if you have to forma the exilus slot also!

Having extra ammo max is not worth it (well, it is useful on a gravimeg archgun).  A weapon modification is utility.  Firestorm and reload mods make this.  

I understand those can add DPS, but don't forget the work involved per weapon to make it happen!

Edited by Educated_Beast