Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zenistar after melee updates?

(XBOX)MauRo NRa

3 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

The disc now only has 10 (?) seconds duration instead of 45s.
Kinda ruined the weapon for me tbh.

It's related to Combo Counter. 10 seconds per level, I believe.

In other words, you have to use the weapon as a weapon to get good use out of the disk. Tragic, I know.

5 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

The disc now only has 10 (?) seconds duration instead of 45s.
Kinda ruined the weapon for me tbh.

Supposedly the duration is longer if you fully charge up your multi before launch, still doesn't change the view it's pretty much ruined it though. 

If you need to kill stuff so you can use the main selling point of the weapon after eveything else is dead you might as well just use another weapon which is better at the 'killing part'....

Load of other stuff doesn't work now either, by the looks of it CO doesn't work with the disc, the range isn't as big as it was before (I can live with that bit, but still annoying) and iirc launching the disc is a heavy attack so wipes out your combo counter....

Edited by LSG501

You just have to hit with it a few times before launching the disk. Build up that counter and you can get the thing going for up to 2 minutes.

Incidentally, people might tell you this change "ruined" UFO Ivara, but they lyin'. Or they haven't tried it with a Crit build, Blood Rush, Corrosive and Piercing Navigator. It shreds.

The weapon itself got a huge boost in melee power. So its kinda fun to actually use it now.  You can get pizza disks that last twice as long with a couple of swings. 

I find the changes made it better for higher end and solo content but absolutely terrible for low level and medium content and in groups.  Mainly because it is harder to get your combo counter up. It was a trade off. Sacrificed Easy 45 second disks for a actual weapon you can clonk stuff on the head with and work a bit for a longer disk.