Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When's the Next Railjack Update Coming?

achilles047

9 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Yeah. On Sunday. Why?

As in, they might wanna release it this week or the next. Can't have a room/whole railjack ship doing nothing on its own for 5-10 weeks right?

Everyone (pretty much) has all their Railjacks done, Phase 1-2-3 was said "only an week or two apart" and it's already been almost 1 week (this week and then next week) counts. So bacily they got until the 18th to get Phase 2/3 (, I assume Phase 3 is "New War") by then. And the Trailer did says Xmas 2019

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Added more details

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

As in, they might wanna release it this week or the next. Can't have a room/whole railjack ship doing nothing on its own for 5-10 weeks right?

Everyone (pretty much) has all their Railjacks done, Phase 1-2-3 was said "only an week or two apart" and it's already been almost 1 week (this week and then next week) counts. So bacily they got until the 18th to get Phase 2/3 (, I assume Phase 3 is "New War") by then. And the Trailer did says Xmas 2019

Fair point but this is DE. They don't release things fast usually. This update might will be an exception since some features from the final update already were in the this update.

Do remember, they have stated a few times that they do not want us to wait for weeks after releasing the drydock. It's one part of the whole and they wouldn't have released it if the main system isn't close enough. The old blood was released to tide us over and give us something to do while they put together the main thing, as it was largely supposed to be part of Emp fully as a package deal. Given their deadline for Christmas release on the new war, if they have any intentions of honoring their deadline they have to release Empyrean this week or at latest next week. I said the same to my friends on discord about old blood and it was released only two days after I said "this week."

If, and only if, they intend to follow through. Wednesday (today) will be the earliest  we could see Emp hit the floor, friday is more likely but an update of this size will want team members on deck for it. It's unlikely they will want to release on a Friday if at all possible, so if not today, then likely Friday. If not then, Monday of next week. If they fail to meet those, they will not have enough time to transition to working for the new war to meet that deadline. In other words, if it's not Today, Thursday, Friday or Monday they are unlikely to meet their stated goals and will have to delay to early next year. Two months from now or more is a massive overstatement given how complete the system looks, you can even glitch the system to take off and it plays everything properly! At least, it does until it tries to call something not in yet and the whole thing freaks out. Yes, I know, DElayed. Just, too many pieces are in place and set up, too much advertisement and a sudden quieting of detail on the actual release from mainline sources. It points to it being extremely close, or something horrific happened and they are scrambling to get something functional. The latter of the two has a major DElay and we might not see it until mid next year if it really did go that south, so pretty unlikely but possible.

Edit: You could glitch the railjack out and take off, apologies my bad. It is late at the time of posting though I should have done a bit more digging to ensure I was correct first before stating that it can be done. It can no longer be done, though point remains, whoops.

Edited by RhiawhynZerinth
Correction

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

Fair point but this is DE. They don't release things fast usually. This update might will be an exception since some features from the final update already were in the this update.

Well, either way, this year is going to be another flop, like last year and the year before that if this "broken promises" keep happing. For the community sake, it should be an exception

They have stated a few times that they do not want us to wait for weeks after releasing the drydock. if they have any intentions of honoring their deadline they have to release Empyrean this week or the next.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Added more details

1 hour ago, RhiawhynZerinth said:

Do remember, they have stated a few times that they do not want us to wait for weeks after releasing the drydock. It's one part of the whole and they wouldn't have released it if the main system isn't close enough. The old blood was released to tide us over and give us something to do while they put together the main thing, as it was largely supposed to be part of Emp fully as a package deal. Given their deadline for Christmas release on the new war, if they have any intentions of honoring their deadline they have to release Empyrean this week or at latest next week. I said the same to my friends on discord about old blood and it was released only two days after I said "this week."

If, and only if, they intend to follow through. Wednesday (today) will be the earliest  we could see Emp hit the floor, friday is more likely but an update of this size will want team members on deck for it. It's unlikely they will want to release on a Friday if at all possible, so if not today, then likely Friday. If not then, Monday of next week. If they fail to meet those, they will not have enough time to transition to working for the new war to meet that deadline. In other words, if it's not Today, Thursday, Friday or Monday they are unlikely to meet their stated goals and will have to delay to early next year. Two months from now or more is a massive overstatement given how complete the system looks, you can even glitch the system to take off and it plays everything properly! At least, it does until it tries to call something not in yet and the whole thing freaks out. Yes, I know, DElayed. Just, too many pieces are in place and set up, too much advertisement and a sudden quieting of detail on the actual release from mainline sources. It points to it being extremely close, or something horrific happened and they are scrambling to get something functional. The latter of the two has a major DElay and we might not see it until mid next year if it really did go that south, so pretty unlikely but possible.

Edit: You could glitch the railjack out and take off, apologies my bad. It is late at the time of posting though I should have done a bit more digging to ensure I was correct first before stating that it can be done. It can no longer be done, though point remains, whoops.

This ^

Pretty much took the words out my mouth

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

Reading all of this has really gotten me hyped. I do like the sound of it coming this week or next week. I think Monday or Tuesday would be good moves, would give DE the rest of the week to iron out the bugs. I agree that it's looking like DE is winding up to release Empyrean. I can never seem to keep myself from being optimistic. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Endrogue said:

Reading all of this has really gotten me hyped. I do like the sound of it coming this week or next week. I think Monday or Tuesday would be good moves, would give DE the rest of the week to iron out the bugs. I agree that it's looking like DE is winding up to release Empyrean. I can never seem to keep myself from being optimistic. 

Don't get that hyped, you'll only get dispointed, all this topic is about is confining what DE said and how it will be a broken promises if they fail to get Phase 2 & New War this year., Like the other pervoius years. Nothing is "100% Confirmed"

2 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Don't get that hyped, you'll only get dispointed, all this topic is about is confining what DE said and how it will be a broken promises if they fail to get Phase 2 & New War this year., Like the other pervoius years. Nothing is "100% Confirmed"

Don't worry, I'll just keep bouncing in my seat until it's released. I really wont be disappointed about it being late, I'll be disappointed if it wasn't fun, but seeing as this kind of thing is right up my ally that most likely wont be the case. I'm just hoping they're really close to release.

32 minutes ago, Endrogue said:

Don't worry, I'll just keep bouncing in my seat until it's released. I really wont be disappointed about it being late, I'll be disappointed if it wasn't fun, but seeing as this kind of thing is right up my ally that most likely wont be the case. I'm just hoping they're really close to release.

If you say so

On 2019-11-26 at 10:32 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Give us an Grind-Feast of an update and not let us even USE it?, not a good move. It better be NOT 2020. Let alone with the issues behind Old Blood that it caused, Melee 3.0, how rushed Old Blood was, etc.

This is precisely why it SHOULD be delayed. You want another rushed out product that has more issues than the Plains or Fortuna? No thank you. Let them delay it, let them delay the New War and Railjack. Give them the time to enjoy their personal time and bring a product with less issues.

8 minutes ago, TheEternalJester said:

This is precisely why it SHOULD be delayed. You want another rushed out product that has more issues than the Plains or Fortuna? No thank you. Let them delay it, let them delay the New War and Railjack. Give them the time to enjoy their personal time and bring a product with less issues.

Uh-huh

Tell me, what good will that do?, the only reason why Old Blood was "rushed", cuz there was ZERO content for us to use and barely anyone playing Warframe, the Phase 2 and New War and said to be THIS.YEAR. Phase 1/2 (phase 3: AKA New War) was said to be only 1-2 weeks apart.

They've said countless times, even Steve that they don't want us waiting weeks, after weeks, after weeks (if not more) for Phase 2, they want it OUT. so this is invalid. So, what is your point?

The amount of negativity that Old Blood has brought into these forums makes me a sad bunny.

Railjack is linked to the New War, you only have to listen to Cephalon Cy talking about "the coming threat" to understand that, maybe we'll need the Railjack to reach the Sentient Mothership?

I'm expecting both expansions to ship close to each other, but before the end of the year?

I'm not getting my hopes up.

12 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

Railjack is linked to the New War, you only have to listen to Cephalon Cy talking about "the coming threat" to understand that, maybe we'll need the Railjack to reach the Sentient Mothership?

I think they said something similar while showing Sentient Outpost tileset