Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Companions resurrectable in arbitrations

Gypsy_Goat

I'm sick of people killing themselves on purpose just to get their pet resed or leaving the mission.  "Sorry my pet died I'm leaving".  If the only constraint that is keeping them from continuing play is their pet dying that is pretty lame.  

It forces people to play tanky frames so their pet doesn't die.  Limiting frame options is never a good thing especially in higher level content.

Pets provide a ton of utility like enemy radar and fetch.  Without fetch a good amount of frames can't continue because they won't be able to get energy orbs.

• Like 1

Being solo I would love this. My only friend dying in mission without the option to revive is kind of sucks. Especially when the great pet AI gets stuck in corners and invisible objects until it dies. Although I can see how this would be annoying in co-op unless DE could somehow make it where only the person that has the pet revives it. No reason to make the group have to do it.

I think all pets/sentinels should automatically revive (along with resetting their Regen mod count) every full rotation in every endless mission, not exclusively Arbitration. An augmented Djinn shouldn't be considered the "endgame" sentinel  simply for his ability to come back.

DE keeps making endless game modes, but aside from intrinsic desire for challenge we are only punished for staying longer rather than extracting and starting over. Arbitration is an exception to this only in the fact that you want to stay an hour for the reset.

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-

40 minutes ago, --Brandt-- said:

Being solo I would love this. My only friend dying in mission without the option to revive is kind of sucks. Especially when the great pet AI gets stuck in corners and invisible objects until it dies. Although I can see how this would be annoying in co-op unless DE could somehow make it where only the person that has the pet revives it. No reason to make the group have to do it.

This sounds okay.  At least some type of option to recover.  I can res my friends, but not my pet?  Come on DE.

On 2019-12-06 at 8:06 AM, DarkRuler2500 said:

Djinn would solve the issue, just saying.
Besides that I would still say that pets should immediately die but should be resurrectable with like 2-3 of those revive-tokens from the drones.

This is a really good option. 50% revive cost seems fair but I'd be fine with full cost if it means reviving them. 

On 2019-12-06 at 6:04 AM, Gypsy_Goat said:

I'm sick of people killing themselves on purpose just to get their pet resed or leaving the mission.  "Sorry my pet died I'm leaving".

I've never experienced this. I also go into arbs expecting for companions to die eventually 😕 .

As for a revive mechanic, I'd be against it. Arbs were originally supposed to be difficult with perma-death and after a while of people demanding a revive mechanic (along with other things that aren't relevant to this conversation) they made it easier while removing one big thing that made it stand out.

No offense but what's next? A safe guard and auto-revives for all between rotations? I don't mean to sound I'm making fun of you but arbs aren't even arbs anymore, they've been stripped of the mechanics that made them arbs (only thing that's really left are the drones).

I feel like pets would be reasonably less fragile if they took less damage from AoE damage, because currently even outside arbitrations you are forced to babysit them to keep them alive if you happen to have a pet around on a frame that isn't tanky enough for link mods to work, and the non linked armor/health/shield mods do closely nothing to be frank for kavats and kubrows. Not talking about some defensive mods like Adaptation or Quick Thinking don't benefit pet survival at all. The AoE is also an issue because the pet AI isn't smart enough to move out of it. Some games have pets passively take less damage from area of effect attacks, I don't know why it's not a thing on warframe. It honestly should be. I wrote a topic about this btw if you want to read about it in more detail:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1145361-pet-survivability

Sadly the topic got no relevant attention since it got buried by other topics though.

I also feel like kavats and kubrows are kinda balanced around the fact that they are possible to revive unlike sentinels, yet in arbitrations they instantly die, they don't even have regen. I feel like they should either have a normal bleed out or/and have them revive at rotations. And of course I feel like the AoE dmg reduction still should be a thing, and niche defensive mods not affecting pet survivability at all could really use some bandaid too. These are the actual reasons why sentinels are generally more prefered by most players, and pets could be far more desirable to have on your loadout just with few QoL changes.
Edit: Having to play around with stasis just to take an other pet to a mission is also one of them, which DE planned to change at some point if I'm not wrong.

Edited by Harutomata