Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats your favorite specter loadout?

(PSN)SrebX

Tenno Specter are really cool.

I've been using Wisp as my main specter along with Ignis Wraith for the most part, but honestly I'm sure I'm getting the most out of it anymore

I'm not really sure if it's more appropriate for the "Players Helping Players" section, but Wth, I thought this would be fun as a discussion and just a share.

What's your specter loadout? Which Warframe do you like to pair with what weapon?

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing. Specters are not very useful because they don't get mods from the loadout. I do have Wisp, Rhino and Inaros but weapons dont really matter as they dont seem to get mods either, so whether it's Rubico Prime or MK1-Braton, it's not gonna do crap in sorties and the like.

They should really make some way to upgrade your specters to have mods, to have some depth into the specter thing. Right now it's just slap a frame and weapons and that's it, dont give a damn about what mods you got because they're not registered.

For healing there's magus repair and vazarin dash, latter doing what no healer frame does anywhere near as effectively, healing defense targets and whatnots like 50% in 5 sec, dont remember the exact number. Oberon and Nidus dont hold a candle on that, even if you mod them, let alone unmodded. The only advantage is that you can build Oberon to be automatic on that point, whereas you have to actively use vazarin. But it's not much of a disadvantage if you make a habit of void dashing.

Funny how people focus so much on damage and killing fast, but forget that keeping things safe enables you to focus more on the damage aspect, and vazarin dash keeps things safe in everywhere except excavations, because the excavator's health pool is so outdatedly low.

I bet many would be willing to pay good platinum to get "premium specters" that could use mods, if they had the chance. Like having a Gara specter when you wanna be as tanky Inaros as you can without relying another player. But I guess they'd have to make those specters very hard to farm and not attainable from market console, so that people couldn't just steamroll the content with them with impunity. I think power creep is ok if you put an appropriate price tag to it, to a point at least.

• Like 1

For the times I use Nekros, I often pair him with a specter just as a extra bit of support till I got my shadows going.

I used Nidus quite a bit, really did like the additional power strength on my shadows, with all the buffs going on it really did give me some meaty shadows. his maggots are useful CC and the healing pit is nice too. plus I never have to worry about the Nidus specter dying either, he's consistently gaining health, he also gains stacks from his 1st power and his undying passive works in specter form... pretty neat really. 

Weapon wise I often pair him with a Torid, the toxin procs pretty hard in higher levels and deals with Corpus pretty decently. 

Trinity is a good goto for everyone. I have one as my 2 star specter wielding a Arca Plasmor, so she's always either supplying cover fire or topping off my energy. (and since she's 2 star, she is a little tankier but not too expensive to replace easily).

I used to have her as my 1 star specter, but I replaced her with a Nyx. I like having Nyx as my more disposable specter, as her specter can use all her abilities fairly frequently. Makes it nice to have against high level content that I may need a little backup for. Between the brain washing and her fear effect, she surprising keeps the heat off me. Plus I've seen her use her 4 ability quite a few times to either cover me when I'm hacking something (or other activity that leaves me exposed) or to defend a target from enemy fire. 

Still not sure what I want for my 3 and 4 star specters though. Their build costs make me want to preserve them for important missions that I can't find randos to help me with, and I'm just not sure what would be good. The energy limitation I feel makes it hard to justify some selections (I wish they had a 100 energy limit instead of a 75). I think I have Ember as my 3, and excel for my 4 star right now but those are subject to change. With ember's changes, I tend to use her more now-a-days and don't feel the need to have her as my back up. Banshee might not be a bad idea (as recommended above), but I do like using banshee a lot too. (that silence ability is worth it's energy cost!)

I'm thinking of trying Wukong as a specter, but I fear that like Valkyr he may not work so well (specters with continuous 4 abilities tend to have wonky AI issues with them)

Im using Wisp with a Exergis, really good with the 3 motes even if they provide low bonus they are really useful and provide some more survival chances for weak frames, she sometimes cast breach surge and cc some enemies too.
before using wisp i used octavia with was really good to cc enemies and sometimes kill them, but some hotfix ago she did nothing most of the time (dont cast skills) so i changed her for wisp, i don't know if she got fixed.

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Trinity with arca plasmor. Does decent damage, heals, gives energy and rarely dies. 

Fun secondary benefit I discovered while using this build when doing Therma Fractures solo, she fires her gun even when enemies are long out of range for me to detect (but still line of sight for the specter). I ended up getting used to using the plasmor's unique sound as a sonar. None of the bosses could sneak up on me. 😄

Am I the only one which uses the various level of specters (force, cosmic etc) to get various specters load out?

I have the "afk in mission" : Khora with Ignis

The "heal turret" : Trinity with a vectis P. Modded for only one ammo max, that I then tell to hold position

And "The buffer" : Wisp with an Ignis

Just have to craft my blueprints while I "preserve" the actual loadout every time. Also I only use 3 but technically you could have 4 differents specters.

Edited by Next-of-Sin