Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why all the negativity?

Rivyn

1 hour ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

If they'd really care about constructive feedback years old content wouldn't remain a bug fest like it still is in 2019.

Bugs reports are everywhere for years then nothing done. Huge core gameplay flows are well documented but nothing changes or at a pace so slow it's outdated before it's released.

DE don't care outside big updates launch day hype.

Except they specifically stated it for Railjack that the first mission phase is just for that, player feedback in order to know where to go and how well the system works.

I also still have a hard time finding all these bugs that people claim are still there, or where the flow is bad. ESO is in a poor state, but it works for what it is used for and then we have archwing that has never been very hot aswell as the lich system that needs alot more attention to be really good. Railjack as it is now is a very solid foundation for a game mode and can be turned into a system wide addition to the game no doubt. I really only see a handful of actual changes being needed for it along with a bunch of bug fixes.

Railjack to me is probably the most interesting thing in WF, not because it is brand new, but because there is actual progression that makes you feel like you are actually getting somewhere, both regarding equipment and "character". Not to mention it is a fresh breeze to see loot with random stats and a system that lets you get a refund of previously used materials if you find something better later on.

Sure the mode still has issues. Cheese tactics are thing, balance is a wee bit off and looting/refining is clunky for a co-op based experience. But those are minor things when the gameplay itself is actually really fun.

On 2019-12-16 at 5:43 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Which bugs are those, precisely? 

The "I don't want to do this" bugs? Or the "I play warframe on my grandfather's antique toaster" bugs? Or was it the "I am under the mistaken impression that I live in a country where everyone has pretty good internet service, and there are no possible ways that my connection has stability issues no matter who I am connected with" bugs? 

Because I've been here long enough to recognize that a lot of people seem to encounter those. 

You have no way of knowing this, but automatically assuming that the other person is a halfwit idiot, and only you have seen the light is a bad way to start a conversation.  But if you wanna go there, sure:
 8864621250.png
Of course that's local, but that's to the backbone that connects to the rest of the internet.

PC? Sure. I'll oblige. i7-6700K @4Ghz - Geforce 1080Ti - 16Gb DDR4  I got the best two years ago, because for once in my life I didn't want to skimp on anything.  I'm a Software Engineer @ Fabricom Engie, but of course what do they know of hardware and issues... Oh wait maybe because I worked 5 years of my life in a store as the resident troubleshooter?  Or the fact that I did remote assistance for 6 years after that?  Some people do their due diligence. The fact maybe that I included clues of some of the personal troubleshooting and workarounds might have tipped you off if you weren't off on your holier than thou ego-trip and actually read the post instead of jumping on your fanboi high-horse and wishing the people go away that say anything bad on the thing you invested so much time in, because by god it cannot be that it might have flaws and you'd have wasted your time.
Sunk-cost fallacy. Look it up, it'll open your eyes.

I love the game. I haven't invested so much time in a game in years.  But the fact that I have been running into the same bugs for the same content for the last year of 800+ hours and counting is infuriating. Especially if it seems to get worse.  And the things I mentioned? THe bugs forums are full of those reports.  
It's a desynch. I sit behind a door that won't open for me. On the minimap they see me at the spawn the entire time... But I can go through the doors if others activate them, and I can kill enemies on the map, and they see them die.  Targetted abilities work, zone or area abilites seems to look like they work, but deal no damage except in the area where I am positioned according to others.  That's a clear client - host desync. I've only had that since Empyrian.
Oh and play some open world content.  Keep a stat for every mission where some objective doesn't properly activate or fail (caches / dead friendlies in solids that you cannot reach, certain enemies not spawning, bonus objectives magically failing because lack of spawns or other mysterious reasons, You'll get to my statistic soon enough.)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LordByte said:

You have no way of knowing this, but automatically assuming that the other person is a halfwit idiot, and only you have seen the light is a bad way to start a conversation.  But if you wanna go there, sure:

You must be new here. Welcome to the forums. You may find your viewpoint to change in the near future. 😛

Of course that's local, but that's to the backbone that connects to the rest of the internet.

Oh how wonderful. Exactly the sort of reply that someone who really doesn't understand how the internet and p2p work would post up..... 4 people in a squad. You may have a nice stable connection to your ISP's server, but do the other 3 people? Your ISP known for using a nice fat piece of fiberoptic cable to customers, and a piece of limp spaghetti to the rest of the internet? You got other people in your region who have "less than stellar" internet who may still be put in your squad? 

Any of those makes your picture, worth less than a drawing of a daffodil with the words "I haz gud interwebs" when it comes to playing warframe. 

So...  "I am under the mistaken impression that I live in a country where everyone has pretty good internet service, and there are no possible ways that my connection has stability issues no matter who I am connected with", confirmed✔️

PC? Sure. I'll oblige. i7-6700K @4Ghz - Geforce 1080Ti - 16Gb DDR4  I got the best two years ago, because for once in my life I didn't want to skimp on anything.  I'm a Software Engineer @ Fabricom Engie, but of course what do they know of hardware and issues... Oh wait maybe because I worked 5 years of my life in a store as the resident troubleshooter?  Or the fact that I did remote assistance for 6 years after that?  Some people do their due diligence. The fact maybe that I included clues of some of the personal troubleshooting and workarounds might have tipped you off if you weren't off on your holier than thou ego-trip and actually read the post instead of jumping on your fanboi high-horse and wishing the people go away that say anything bad on the thing you invested so much time in, because by god it cannot be that it might have flaws and you'd have wasted your time.

Ooohhhh fabulous. So again because you have had a decent piece of hardware for the last couple of years*, you assume that software always works perfectly with it. Yeah that's a terrible assumption buddy. But hey, not really surprised. 

* we'll get back to this point in a second. 

Let my old butt edumacate you about why consoles exist. Having a PC made up of different parts from every other PC means that software can't be pre-optimised for your system. Any one of a thousand things might need to be tweaked in order to optimise the experience for you that would be different for someone else. Consoles meant that everyone had the exact same specs, with the exact same hardware. So as a publisher you could easily optimise the experience and not have to deal with a million people demonstrating that as a species we're not particularly far removed from the apes you'd see in the zoo. (The ones inside the enclosures, I mean.) 

And all of that comes before you realise that warframe appears to run on a pile of spaghetti code, where stuff gets borked all the time. 

Now take a look at our forums. I've seen people complain about the game, and how badly it runs on their system, only to have them be told that someone else running a seriously subpar hardware configuration doesn't have those issues, and if what they're saying is true they have serious problems. What does this suggest to you? 

*And hey I'm so glad to hear that you have had a decent rig for the last couple of years. I have as well but I find that playing on console removes a lot of the need for me to do anything but plug and play. 

I love the game. I haven't invested so much time in a game in years.  But the fact that I have been running into the same bugs for the same content for the last year of 800+ hours and counting is infuriating.

Wait Wat? Hold up. You're a newb who felt that they could make comments on when PoE came out?..... (can you tell that I'm feigning surprise for the dramatic effect. I knew that you're kind of new since I replied the first time.)

On 2019-12-16 at 12:13 PM, LordByte said:

- Because Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis are still having the same damn bugs as the day they came out maybe? 

Uh... The whole Fortuna experience has been significantly adjusted since release. The impression that I get is that the same can be said about PoE (I can tell you that it looks totally different than what I saw when I first started playing, and it looks like I have been around significantly longer than you have.) 

If you were writing based on what you heard or read, realise that certain parts of our community have this habit of making mountains out of mole hills. And other parts have a habit of repeating what they've heard without knowing first hand. (I suggest that you may fall into this second group, even if you don't fall into the first.) 

It's a desynch. I sit behind a door that won't open for me. On the minimap they see me at the spawn the entire time... But I can go through the doors if others activate them, and I can kill enemies on the map, and they see them die.  Targetted abilities work, zone or area abilites seems to look like they work, but deal no damage except in the area where I am positioned according to others.  That's a clear client - host desync. I've only had that since Empyrian.

I want you to think about the issue you just described and what I said before about playing with others who may not have a good connection to you, and a less than stable connection overall. 

As for the other issues you've had since the latest round of updates.... Yeah it no huge surprise. Between spaghetti code, needing to tweak it after release (remember the status as "open beta"), and millions of people trying to play on antique toasters with potato internet services for you to pair up with, you're going to be facing issues. 

Give it a while and stuff will settle down a bit as the update matures. You supposedly work in tech, so you should realise how oblivious most end users are to what's going on behind the scenes to keep their stuff updated and running properly. 

Next time you can check to see if they're working on making changes on the wiki. This link is for old blood and rising tides.

Good luck Tenno. 

On 2019-12-15 at 2:23 AM, Mr.Fluffins said:

Drama and polarizing threads attract attention, and what these people mainly want is attention towards their tantrums (kinda like spoiled kids in toy stores who start to cry when something goes even slightly against their wish).

Well spoken feedback threads in appropriate section do not achieve this goal.

On 2019-12-15 at 2:27 AM, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

I think that's a bit of a disingenuous way to frame it. People voice their opinions because that's how they feel. There may be some attention seeking trolls in the crowd, but I think a lot of them have a vision for how they want Warframe to be, and want to see the game live up to it's potential.

Fluffins got it. If people have a vision and want the game to live up to its potential, they post rational, quality feedback in the appropriate place. If they want to rant and b*tch and get attention, they make a clickbait thread in GD.

Voicing your feelings is fine, but you can't pretend a wall of text equating a video game to getting slapped in the face is in any way helpful to the feedback process. The amount of rage and salt in many threads overshadows the shreds of actual constructive feedback, if there are even any to be found. If you think the Pustrels cost on stuff is too high, you can say that without also demanding some unknown person on the game's staff be fired for it. The first part is feedback, the second part is going to make any staff who read say "well f*ck you too" and ignore your thread. That's what I'd do in that situation.

The people leaving GD rage threads either don't know how to give feedback, or they just want people to pay attention to them. Kinda like spoiled kids. And imo, they should be treated as such.

Since before the Railjack update, Lich nodes haven't been putting me into the missions they state. I'll head into a defense Lich mission, and it's exterminate, I'll go to an exterminate mission and it is interception. Then after completing those missions, the nodes are still there, so I'll replay them again and again get a different mission type than what was stated. On the day Railjack was released I actually didn't get any credit for any invasion mission I did.

DE is rushing out content that then needs three pages of bug fixes going out right after, and anything that doesn't get fixed inside of the first week is generally just left there while they rush out whatever the next bit of content they have, and then desperately try to fix that new thing.

Operation Health when?

• Like 2