Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #135: Empyrean!

[DE]Rebecca

On 2019-12-19 at 12:59 AM, angrykenji said:

On 2019-12-19 at 12:59 AM, angrykenji said:

how about universal pickups during Railjack missions?

varied modes instead of all Exterminate (and why is destroying NINETY fighters a thing??)

damage all around for AW/Railjack needs to overhauled

AW missions need to be looked at. the affinity range is so low it heavily encourages 'hallway-hero'ing' (prime example is Neptune mobile defense)

can we get a music zone for Fortuna? and improve the ones on the other relays?

when will Excavators/Excavation missions be fixed? the scaling is SO BAD and please revert the routing to the original where it was a singular path back and forth

This is Almost Longer Than my Life

A nice clean way to exit a game?

An indication of what mission and what level the host is starting? Or if he's going to dry dock.

Preferably a timer to leave or stay, just like in regular missions.

Also: why do I build / upgrade my railjack when I can just hop on anyone else's?

-Ever since the last melee update, arch-melee has been broken as we don’t snap to target-to-target anymore. Are there plans to fix this in the new year after Christmas/New Years break?

-When you guys decide to eventually do Pets 2.0, will you also look into removing vacuum as a mod and instead just implement it as a function? Something that is pretty much a given in almost every build shouldn’t be wasting a slot. Also beast-pet weapons when?

-Are there plans to rework some archwing abilities? I love my elytron but trying to land my nuke on a target feels bad (maybe let us reactivate it mid-flight?), damage for 3 feels pitiful, and 2 doesn’t feel as clean as it could be.

-Armour rework when so I can stop seeing end-game squads with only corrosive projection?

-If you guys add enemy Liche’s as potential goes to be fought in empyrean, are we gonna have a fight on our hands or just more backbreaking?

So I've been enjoying railjack, and I've gotten to a mindlessly numbing part of the game mode to optimize my railjack to be the best it can possibly be. And I have to say something that needs to be said. Reactors are by far the most poorly implemented part in the game mode. I can talk over how bad Zekti weapons are with their heat accretion, but it's avionics capacity that is the real problem.

Notably, I'll mention the easiest to acquire reactor, that being a Zekti Reactor Mk III. This reactor has around a 10-60 potential avionics capacity and a 60-300 flux capacity and it is considered the reactor with the most flux. This reactor drops fairly commonly from a veil outrider enemy.

Now, let me mention the hardest to acquire reactors. The Lavan Reactor Mk III and the Vidar Reactor Mk III. The Lavan is middle of the line, average across flux and avionics. The thing we really have to mention is the Vidar reactor which has the highest avionics capacity. And thus, the crux of the problem.

Zekti is the worst reactor in the game. There is no contest. Why? Zekti Hyperflux. Lavan and Vidar have enough avionics to invest in that avionic. Zekti Reactor Mk III doesn't even have enough to invest in most of the basic avionics to run railjack. Zekti Hyperflux introduces enough flux to offset the weakness of the Vidar reactor, while the flux from the Zekti Reactor doesn't even offset the avionics it loses out on.

Now, of course, saying this, it does leave Vidar and Lavan reactor users investing in hyperflux, which seems to go against your recent core ideology of creating varied builds on weaponry and warframes. Except... so does the Zekti Reactor's low avionic capacity.

A Zekti Reactor can't reliably provide for varied build paths due to the several required avionics. In fact, it gets better. A Zekti Reactor can't even provide enough avionics for required mods. Zekti Hyperstike, Zekti Bulkhead, Zekti Hull Weave, Zekti Polar Coil, Zekti Section Density, Zekti Predator. For a reactor with an average ~34 avionics capacity. You can choose 3 and 1 power avionics.

The lack of variety and the limited access to a required part is bizarre to consider in retrospect.

If I may make several suggestions that might provide players with more access to avionic variety:

1. You buff Zekti Reactor's avionic capacity to approximately 30-80 avionics, and buff Lavan accordingly. This will make the Zekti Reactor more of a personal choice, than one you're forced into by scenario.
  2. You increase the 6 end of mission part rewards to 5% changed from 2%. Players aren't in the veil to grind resources and relics, we can do that elsewhere, people are in the veil for specifically Railjack. We enjoy it and we won't say no to a potential chance at an upgrade in the form of uncommon parts. Materials and relics can take the hit.
  3. You give us riven rerolls on our parts, using damaged parts to "upgrade" them.

I hope this helps in the balancing of the reactors. And if not, then I can only say that I guess I'll have to farm Veil another ~100 times.

Archived