Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop rates and rng in railjack are awful

javolin

it takes so long to even get a chance of getting a vidar reactor, runs take forever and the drop rate is abysmal. I heard it would take aprox 1 month of 3 30m runs a day to get 1 reactor and rng can make it even worse than the one you may have already. THEN on top of that you can have it scrapped when you get it like my clan leader. He got one and went to dojo and it was scrapped since he had gotten 1 more part over the limit. 

Please change this, the rng on rng + the chance to lose it is beyond ridiculous. yeah its the best reactor type but this is too much.

grinding like this isn't what I consider fun. 

what do you guys think about this

113 runs for 90% chance - 3 runs a day - 37 days

228 runs for 99% chance - 3 runs a day - 76 days 

and its not even guaranteed at that point cause its rng and you can get unlucky still. 😞 

well you can get other things there too while farming for the best vidar.  I have gotten a zekti best of 50 and levan best of 64... I have gotten 3 vidar reactors 36 48 and a 77.

Also I think the  math might not add up in a couple ways.  At the end of a mission you get 3 shots at it since multiple drops happen at the end of each mission.  Also 30m is a bit long Im doing pub missions on gran point and regularly getting times of 13-18 mins (gran point is the farm spot it has a very low chance to spawn other objectives making the mission the fastest).  It was longer when railjack was new but more people are getting their stuff together so good ships and weapons and intrinsic s is more common now.

Lastly I will say you don't need the max possible I was doing fine with my first 50 zekti and just a bit better with the 77 vidar, in the end it just makes it a bit more fun when you can put in some more battle and tactical avionics, they are not really needed and none IMO seem really game changing, at least not in the viel

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary
  • Like 1

veil runs can take a while, but Earth and Saturn should be no problem with enough upgrades. my clan leader's Railjack was clearing Saturn missions in about 10 mins yesterday, and this was before I could even use the Slingshot and Forward Artillery. now that I can help kill Crewships more easily, it's even more efficient.

I will agree on the part limit though; 30 is far too small and auto-salvage without player consent should never have even been considered. there's no warning that it will happen until it already has. I lost a good Reactor because of it, the only reason I'm not too miffed is because by the time I have another one, I'll also have the resources. it should be at least 90 and give the option to scrap a chosen part(s) to make room for it, as can be done with Rivens when you reach max Riven Capacity. hopefully DE will address these issues ASAP in 2020.

I still say they shouldn't have released this so soon: Empyrean needed way more time in the oven.

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I will agree on the part limit though; 30 is far too small and auto-salvage without player consent should never have even been considered. there's no warning that it will happen until it already has. I lost a good Reactor because of it, the only reason I'm not too miffed is because by the time I have another one, I'll also have the resources. it should be at least 90 and give the option to scrap a chosen part(s) to make room for it, as can be done with Rivens when you reach max Riven Capacity. hopefully DE will address these issues ASAP in 2020.

yeah 30 is crazy I have gotten 11 in one mission before and I got 18 weapons Im saving (best ones rolls of each type) Im saving for whatever balence changes they do that could possible make them better than cryophons

I must of gotten lucky since I unlocked the veil and did each mission once.  After that it took me less than 6 tries to do the mission in the middle of the veil.  Reason being it's the one with the least amount of POI.  Last night got a Vidar MK3 with 98 avionics and 90 flux on it.  Don't know what the max is for avionics and flux on a reactor though.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

well you can get other things there too while farming for the best vidar.  I have gotten a zekti best of 50 and levan best of 64... I have gotten 3 vidar reactors 36 48 and a 77.

Also I think the  math might not add up in a couple ways.  At the end of a mission you get 3 shots at it since multiple drops happen at the end of each mission.  Also 30m is a bit long Im doing pub missions on gran point and regularly getting times of 13-18 mins (gran point is the farm spot it has a very low chance to spawn other objectives making the mission the fastest).  It was longer when railjack was new but more people are getting their stuff together so good ships and weapons and intrinsic s is more common now.

Lastly I will say you don't need the max possible I was doing fine with my first 50 zekti and just a bit better with the 77 vidar, in the end it just makes it a bit more fun when you can put in some more battle and tactical avionics, they are not really needed and none IMO seem really game changing, at least not in the viel

im pretty sure it cant drop from the bonus drops only the main one

If it could drop from bonus drops it would be pretty easy to get a good Mk 3 vidar reactor, but it's only the main.  Bonuses give you resources usually.  It's a long and tedious grind to get the rank 3 reactor, and I die inside every time I get a vidar shield or engine part because they simply don't matter in comparison.  I have so many empty slots in my avionics because capacity reasons.  

Honestly, I rarely watch the drops. Play, have fun, clean up the loot after. Getting something good is a bonus, I've already gotten what I came for with a match I had fun in. Not like it's the last time I'll get in a railjack anyways. :smile:

do you absolutely NEED more than 50 cap? sigma mk3 gives you that much. look at the difference between mods. Vidar polar coil is 42.5%with a cost of 3 and Zetki caps out at 66 with a cost of 11. ~250 heat is only a few shots on most zetki guns and its almost meaningless on weapons that hardly have heat problems anyway. Yes its rare, and one with good rolls is even rarer but its literally the ONLY part that doesn't drop like candy.

1 hour ago, Furybone said:

do you absolutely NEED more than 50 cap? sigma mk3 gives you that much. look at the difference between mods. Vidar polar coil is 42.5%with a cost of 3 and Zetki caps out at 66 with a cost of 11. ~250 heat is only a few shots on most zetki guns and its almost meaningless on weapons that hardly have heat problems anyway. Yes its rare, and one with good rolls is even rarer but its literally the ONLY part that doesn't drop like candy.

if you want a good ship then you need the reactor to fit your best avionics in. I have 44 avionic on my zekti reactor and one that I haven't built with 47 but I wont be able to fit the mods I need still 

Few days in and I can't even find a Zekti Bulkhead which is a must-have to allow your ship not to explode at getting sneezed by the enemy in even the starting level in Earth proxima. 

It's like Vitality in base game and I have absolutely no fking idea why they make it a so damn rare drop. It's retarded.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Few days in and I can't even find a Zekti Bulkhead which is a must-have to allow your ship not to explode at getting sneezed by the enemy in even the starting level in Earth proxima. 

It's like Vitality in base game and I have absolutely no fking idea why they make it a so damn rare drop. It's retarded.

Because railjack is sustainable content, which is just  marketingspeak for "make a minimal amount of actual content and artificially prolong it's lifespan by making people repeat it endlessly".

20 hours ago, javolin said:

it takes so long to even get a chance of getting a vidar reactor, runs take forever and the drop rate is abysmal. I heard it would take aprox 1 month of 3 30m runs a day to get 1 reactor and rng can make it even worse than the one you may have already. THEN on top of that you can have it scrapped when you get it like my clan leader. He got one and went to dojo and it was scrapped since he had gotten 1 more part over the limit. 

Please change this, the rng on rng + the chance to lose it is beyond ridiculous. yeah its the best reactor type but this is too much.

grinding like this isn't what I consider fun. 

what do you guys think about this

113 runs for 90% chance - 3 runs a day - 37 days

228 runs for 99% chance - 3 runs a day - 76 days 

and its not even guaranteed at that point cause its rng and you can get unlucky still. 😞 

I'm fine with something being an extremely low drop chance. I'm not okay with that being layered with another layer of rng meaning you will likely get a S#&$ roll for said something.