Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do we play Empyrean ? read before you comment please !

MouadSaqui

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

As soon as you say something like this you are losing your credibility. White Knight is a myth thrown around these forums. I've seen people who are responding in this thread give DE a hard time for things they think are wrong with the game. They just do not share your point of view. Accept that.

Well people advocating to say that the game is fine, and there is nothing wrong with it, and if you don't like it you literally are just "whining" as I've been called ? Playing empyrean mission I got suck many times in a Black screen I couldn't even see my ship, you call that a fun game mode ? That's without mentioning how frustrating is to play with a ship that has no upgrades, Some people here think Waframe is perfect just to demonize people who post feed honest feedback here in the forums, so yeah they are white knights !   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

My argument will only "break down" if some upgrade completely blocks someone from playing the game at all - any of it - unless they do some month-long grind or buy something with Platinum. Until that point all there is are people who want to progress fast, but neither buy Repair Drones nor grind extensively.

Actually, I would argue that it breaks down when you hit a certain metric of people paying to progress versus grinding. Ie: if DE sees that 90% of their playerbase bought rush drones and 10% grinded the turrets out, there would be a problem.

3 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

Well people advocating to say that the game is fine, and there is nothing wrong with it, and if you don't like it you literally are just "whining" as I've been called ? Playing empyrean mission I got suck many times in a Black screen I couldn't even see my ship, you call that a fun game mode ? That's without mentioning how frustrating is to play with a ship that has no upgrades, Some people here think Waframe is perfect just to demonize people who post feed honest feedback here in the forums, so yeah they are white knights !   

Most if not all of your points here are subjective and as such can be interpreted differently by others who do not share your experience. I find railjack enjoyable. Am I a white Knight now? you are allowed to give your feedback, but so is everyone else.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Go guard  DEs castle . I AGREE with the player. ....this is BS.

Yeah, Honest feedback means you are whining in this forum, I never seen a community that is so blind to distinguish between whats good for the game and whats bad

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

"to not be tedious"

First, that's subjective. Second, you don't "need" MK III turrets, you just need decent ones with Avionics that are much easier to grind. Third, none of the MK III equipment costs the fantastical amounts you used as example. And lastly, while I do see some grinds as being a major pain in the ass (like Quills and Vox Solaris reputations, which are gated behind basically a single way to upgrade), I don't really put Railjack among them. Getting "perfect rolls" is a pain in the ass if you have bad luck, but that's a different thing. Plus it can't be ignored the mode was clearly rushed to slipstream after the Game Awards, with very limited content. I do expect things to change and get tweaked after DE's holidays are over, as well as more stuff to be obviously added to the whole Railjack mode.

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Actually, I would argue that it breaks down when you hit a certain metric of people paying to progress versus grinding. Ie: if DE sees that 90% of their playerbase bought rush drones and 10% grinded the turrets out, there would be a problem.

That's your subjective opinion, not an objective metric, though. Also completely devoid of context. People could simply not want to deal with grinding in the current state of Railjack, preferring to sell some Prime parts and use Repair Drones right now. Or they hear about the new Shedu and want to rush to get it before it's old news. There could be a long list of reasons if you don't ignore context - and when using made up statistics to boot.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Go guard  DEs castle . I AGREE with the player. ....this is BS.

Your envy over people who can spare the Platinum is palpable.

Edited by xBloodySin
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

I've been playing this game since PoE release, and from what I've heard from veterans, Warframe was Once about the community

Veteran here. it still is. Everything DE does is to entertain and make the best game they can, sure they make missteps but there is nothing new in that. There was never a mythical "golden age" of Warframe, other than right now.

every time something releases DE has to ensure that the content they have provided lasts, so numbers are at the upper limit of what they think is fair. Once they have data of completion rates, then they adjust.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Most if not all of your points here are subjective and as such can be interpreted differently by others who do not share your experience. I find railjack enjoyable. Am I a white Knight now? you are allowed to give your feedback, but so is everyone else.

Dude, Empyrean is Enjoyable WHEN you have all the gears with the max upgrades possible, yeah it is fun when you skip the grind part, but when it comes to farming resources, remember that DE themselves decided to double the rewards just to ease Giant storm of complainers they 100% have been expecting to get, So yes Empyrean is Fun until you get everything then you can do tricks with your ship and feel like a "Space pirate" 🙂 

6 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

The only time I consider people white knights is when they defend de with either the same bs of " oh they only have 300 employees, give them  a break!" or "warframe is free! Be grateful that you don't have to pay for this game!" Stuff like that automatically makes me reject any of their points because I'm too  tired to be dealing with the same bs arguments over and over again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

I do expect things to change and get tweaked after DE's holidays are over, as well as more stuff to be obviously added to the whole Railjack mode

I haven't had much issue with the grind in RJ. It's not meant to be done overnight. I think the vidar reactor drop rate does create a bit of a wall, but I do think they will address that. 

My sentiments are more about the trend i've seen. Usually we'd see a part with 2% drop rate and once you get it, great you did it! You got it! Time to play witj your new toy. Now it is 2% chance to get a roll on that new toy. Don't you find that shift just a tiny bit worrying?

1 minute ago, MouadSaqui said:

bruh, You make no sense at all... let say you got an MK3 part and you spent all of your resources to build it, then the next mission you got a better one, min maxing your gear will be really hard if you decide to got there, plus we currently do not have any option to cancel contributions if already done, this make the gind even harder... you got the idea now ?  

If the next mission doesnt provide a near perfect roll I wont repair it, simple as that. I pick an "entry level" item of each, repair them, or buy from the dojo, then I wait for the near perfect roll before I repair something again. If the mission gives a near perfect roll I'll just decide if that item is a priority or not over possible others, depending on how many mats I have at the time.

With that method I've gotten a near top rolled RJ in two weeks, the only thing currently at the "entry level" would be my vidar carcinnox side turret since it has a low damage % roll.

1 hour ago, MouadSaqui said:

I always found it weird when the game keeps reminding me to take a break every hour while I'm in deep enjoyment playing..

Pretty sure some places have legal requirements for this but at the same time I personally think it's a good thing to have something like that in game because some people can get addicted to games and don't know when to stop etc.  Not to mention you can easily lose track of how long you've been doing something in the game imo, especially as there is no physical clock in the game (outside of enabling time in chat)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

If the next mission doesnt provide a near perfect roll I wont repair it, simple as that. I pick an "entry level" item of each, repair them, or buy from the dojo, then I wait for the near perfect roll before I repair something again. If the mission gives a near perfect roll I'll just decide if that item is a priority or not over possible others, depending on how many mats I have at the time.

I do the same. Unfortunately, most people aren't intelligent or disciplined enough to follow this mantra. That's why DE ends up having to protect players from themselves. See: kubrow pattern slot machine.

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I haven't had much issue with the grind in RJ. It's not meant to be done overnight. I think the vidar reactor drop rate does create a bit of a wall, but I do think they will address that. 

My sentiments are more about the trend i've seen. Usually we'd see a part with 2% drop rate and once you get it, great you did it! You got it! Time to play witj your new toy. Now it is 2% chance to get a roll on that new toy. Don't you find that shift just a tiny bit worrying?

I'd call it more annoying than worrying. As things are right now, Railjack is a shiny new toy, not a required game mode to be played. Intrinsics are nice for the Archwing bonus and Mastery experience, the three new weapons are cool to get (although two you can buy), but, aside those, it hasn't been integrated into the game enough that I'd see two layers of RNG on one piece of the Railjack as worrying. And then, again, they changed stuff right before they went out on holidays. All these repeated complains have been piling up and not being addressed because nothing is being addressed. I'll wait and see how DE deals with the complains and how things go from here on out before going into "worrying." I haven't identified any significant trend to make me feel like that yet.

Edited by xBloodySin

1 minute ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

The only time I consider people white knights is when they defend de with either the same bs of " oh they only have 300 employees, give them  a break!" or "warframe is free! Be grateful that you don't have to pay for this game!" Stuff like that automatically makes me reject any of their points because I'm too  tired to be dealing with the same bs arguments over and over again.

Real or not, people who hate Change are the ones who will sink this Game to the forgotten realm of dead games, and after what they've done with Empyrean I personally doubt New War will be the Promised Content we've been waiting for, what I expect instead is Voice packs for missions after your kill your space mom, and similar repair drones items.

Just now, Skaleek said:

I do the same. Unfortunately, most people aren't intelligent or disciplined enough to follow this mantra. That's why DE ends up having to protect players from themselves. See: kubrow pattern slot machine.

I get the feeling that the people that dont follow that mantra are the same ones that use any epic they find in other games just because they are epic, no matter if the stats are S#&$e or not for their class/build. Then afterwards they complain about their character, or the class as a whole being weak.

17 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

There could be a long list of reasons if you don't ignore context - and when using made up statistics to boot

I didn't make up statistics. I gave my opinion, just as you've been giving yours, on when there would be a problem with the rush versus grind model.

4 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

Real or not, people who hate Change are the ones who will sink this Game to the forgotten realm of dead games,

But... uhm... isnt that exactly what you do? Since Empyrean pretty much changed how looting works in the game to fit more into the classic looter shooter arpg style.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

"if DE sees that 90% of their playerbase bought rush drones and 10% grinded the turrets out"

^ That's what I was talking about.

Quote properly, and quote the whole quote so you dont take it out of context:

30 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Ie: if DE sees that 90% of their playerbase bought rush drones and 10% grinded the turrets out, there would be a problem.

This is not a made up statistic, this is an example. A made up statistic would be if i said 93.7% of my posts contain made up statistics. I never touted it as a fact, i was saying if it were to hit that threshold, in my opinion, there would be a major problem with the system.

Edited by Skaleek

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

But... uhm... isnt that exactly what you do? Since Empyrean pretty much changed how looting works in the game to fit more into the classic looter shooter arpg style.

You mean Mods used to be RNG, the only reason they got rid of RNG is bcs of Storage in their databases, RNG is not a change, its a way to keep you playing a game mode over and over and over to get what you what, its basically grind, and don't get me wrong, I dont mind to Grind in video games, it can be fun, but when the entire game is RNG it become a nightmare for Both Vets and new players

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

I thought people said warframe was an outlier when it came to looter shooters, i guess not anymore?

It was and it is also what it was lacking. The loot system in WF has been one of the things I've disliked since I started playing. There just isnt any thrill in it, except for now when it is fun to find new cannons, shields, engines and cores.

Just now, Skaleek said:

Quote properly, and quote the whole quote so you dont take it out of context:

This is not a made up statistic, this is an example. A made up statistic would be if i said 93.7% of my posts contain made up statistics. I never touted it as a fact, i was saying if it were to hit that threshold, in my opinion, there would be a major problem with the system.

It's an example based on... *drum rolls* made up statistics. A baseless statistic you pulled out of nowhere to create a "now this is a problem" scenario that would justify "worrying for the future."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It was and it is also what it was lacking. The loot system in WF has been one of the things I've disliked since I started playing. There just isnt any thrill in it, except for now when it is fun to find new cannons, shields, engines and cores.

I personally don't like the randomized chance to get some new weapons or stuff through rng.