Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why isn't there a kick function in squads yet?

Ekhael

2 hours ago, Itsmez said:

A: people doesnt want the kick function because they think they will get kicked for being bad, I want the kick option and the reason DE probably isnt doing it is because of the snowflakes. Way around this is to have an option to those who wish to have kick option that is enabled by your settings, and those who doesnt want the kick option can que normally. Thats how it would work so everyone is happy. Right now everyone is not happy.

B: Welcome to the reality

People aren't worried about kicked for being bad. People are worried about kicks being misused by petty people, like it is in any game with a kick system. 

"I don't like your choice of gun. Kick" 

"I don't want another nuker in my team. Kick" 

"you aren't willing to babysit me and support me with your items. Kick" 

"you don't want to camp this spot in Survival with me. Kick" 

"you are dealing more damage than me. Kick" 

"you are stealing my kills. Kick" 

"I don't like your name. Kick" 

"I don't like that you use your operator. Kick" 

The list goes on and on and on. 

And B: being rude without provocation gets you nowhere. This is a lesson you learn in the first grade. This is reality. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

People aren't worried about kicked for being bad. People are worried about kicks being misused by petty people, like it is in any game with a kick system. 

And B: being rude without provocation gets you nowhere. This is a lesson you learn in the first grade. This is reality. 

You forgot to drop the mic.

58 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

You forgot 

"No tennogen or deluxe skins: kick"

2 hours ago, Rthen said:

If this game had a kick function I would not be playing, fact is neither would tens of thousands of other players that fall into my demographic:  part-time gamer, middle aged or older.  The reason is that no matter how good you think you are your not going to measure up well against people that play the game daily and they will be kicking you if they feel that your not measuring up.

I have a solution for you:  run private games.  Select other people to join you that are on your level of skill.

I gave up trying to be perfect years ago.  Fact is, I am so bad that even with countless hours of tweaking mods, weapons, frames it took me around 18 tries to get past the last Defend mission to finish the rail-jack solo quest.  And, after almost two years of play I am only MR 13.  So yeah, I am usually less overall damage and kills then most people in public groups.  Its not for lack of trying.  I never go AFK.  So yeah I will be the guy that gets kicked.  I also spend 200, 300 or so bucks a year in the prime store.. so me X 100k older guys.. if they want to lose tens of millions in revenue.. go ahead and put a public kick option in.  Because thats what will happen.  People will rage quit.

So you would quit the game because people would have the option to play how they want ? you would not have to play under the squads that have the option to kick, you could go freely play with the squads that doesnt have kick enabled?

At the end of the day it would not have effect on your gameplay, and it would give us who wants it a possibility to do so?

Just now, Itsmez said:

So you would quit the game because people would have the option to play how they want ? you would not have to play under the squads that have the option to kick, you could go freely play with the squads that doesnt have kick enabled?

At the end of the day it would not have effect on your gameplay, and it would give us who wants it a possibility to do so?

If your "wanting to play how you want" includes #$&(%-y reasons to not want someone in the squad, you already are able to create your own pre-made group instead of opening it to the public. It's on you to filter who goes into your private group, not on others to deal with you wanting to be elitist in a public one.

4 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

If your "wanting to play how you want" includes #$&(%-y reasons to not want someone in the squad, you already are able to create your own pre-made group instead of opening it to the public. It's on you to filter who goes into your private group, not on others to deal with you wanting to be elitist in a public one.

I dont have friends playing this game. And im at the age that i dont really make any friends online, i prefer to do that irl.

I want to get rid of the griefers and afk'ers, thats why i want the kick system.

Keep in mind im only mr16, i dont play the meta frames or weapons.

Again having an option to have votekick or not would not hurt anyone. Everyone could play under the option they want

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

Well anyways worried for whatever. The proposition was to have an option to your matchmaking. You could que into groups that has vote kick enabled, and you would have option to play without it. Everyone would be happy.

And B: They did teach us religion on first grade too

1 minute ago, Itsmez said:

I dont have friends playing this game. And im at the age that i dont really make any friends online, i prefer to do that irl.

I want to get rid of the griefers and afk'ers, thats why i want the kick system.

Again having an option to have votekick or not would not hurt anyone. Everyone could play under the option they want

That's contradicting, if you have a vote kick that means that people will play only under what you spec/want of them, I too had my fair share of bad teammates but still have a option to kick someone will be utterly abused, because we as people are kinda A******s with the ones we consider different in a way we don't like, this have happened in other media before and the result its always the same.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, prodi1600 said:

That's contradicting, if you have a vote kick that means that people will play only under what you spec/want of them, I too had my fair share of bad teammates but still have a option to kick someone will be utterly abused, because we as people are kinda A******s with the ones we consider different in a way we don't like, this have happened in other media before and the result its always the same.

How hard is it to understand, my main proposition was to have an option to be able to join in que with votekick enabled or you could join in normal que like we have right now. You could choose yourself do you have vote kick enabled or not. Everyone would be happy.

Im not here to discuss the votekick itself, done it and its waste of time

Edited by Itsmez

Just now, Itsmez said:

Unfortunately, it would hurt plenty. Warframe community is filled with unreasonable elitists who expect public groups to fill with mind-reading expert automatons who will only do exactly what they want, or you're garbage. Add to it how the community is also lazy, people would find it less trouble to create public groups and keep kicking, instead of advertising in Recruiting and forming a closed group.

I'm fully with you about griefers and AFK'ers, I'm the sort who lets them die and who quits missions to force a host change if they get some drop they really wanted, but to deal with the small number of those you would create a list of problems for people who might just be new to the game. It's a case where the cure would be worse than the disease, that's all.

1 minute ago, xBloodySin said:

Unfortunately, it would hurt plenty. Warframe community is filled with unreasonable elitists who expect public groups to fill with mind-reading expert automatons who will only do exactly what they want, or you're garbage. Add to it how the community is also lazy, people would find it less trouble to create public groups and keep kicking, instead of advertising in Recruiting and forming a closed group.

I'm fully with you about griefers and AFK'ers, I'm the sort who lets them die and who quits missions to force a host change if they get some drop they really wanted, but to deal with the small number of those you would create a list of problems for people who might just be new to the game. It's a case where the cure would be worse than the disease, that's all.

So basically youre saying people should not be allowed to play the way they want?

Just now, xBloodySin said:

Of course not. Letting people "play how they want" means allowing them to use hacks and cheats.

Thats the worst example you could give, im not even going to say anything on it.

So we have people who wants vote kick, and we have people who doesnt want it. 

We could either have an option where everyone is happy, both partys could play the game how they want. Or an option where only one party is happy

But youre saying no which equals you dont want people to be able to play the game how they want, you want them to play the game how you want

10 minutes ago, Itsmez said:

How hard is it to understand, my main proposition was to have an option to be able to join in que with votekick enabled or you could join in normal que like we have right now. You could choose yourself do you have vote kick enabled or not. Everyone would be happy.

Im not here to discuss the votekick itself, done it and its waste of time

as you say this it's a waste of time, everyone will be demanding players to have it enable if not the player will mostly be bullied or even have all party members abandon the party its the same thing, people are bad with each other if given the opportunity, specially in internet where the lack of accountability related with not having to use your face promotes people to behave poorly compared to real life.

• Like 1

Just now, Itsmez said:

Thats the worst example you could give, im not even going to say anything on it.

So we have people who wants vote kick, and we have people who doesnt want it. 

We could either have an option where everyone is happy, both partys could play the game how they want. Or an option where only one party is happy

But youre saying no which equals you dont want people to be able to play the game how they want, you want them to play the game how you want

What you asked had nothing to do with the subject, don't whine because you received an answer on the same level.

The ability to vote kick has nothing to do with "allowing to play how they want." It's a game feature, which happens to not be in the game, for reasons people mention on a daily basis. Expecting DE to create two public queues, one for people who want to kick and one for those who don't, is absurd. I'd rather they used that time to make a Sugatra I'll never use.

You are perfectly capable of playing the game how you want - solo, in a public group, in a friends group, with Dojo people, with a recruited group. You just don't get to kick people out, because Warframe's community has more than shown that it would be misused, not just to remove people who are AFK or griefing. It's hilarious that you try to frame this as I "wanting people to play how I want," when you are wanting to shove an abuseable kick option down the throat of either the players - if it's a global thing - or DE - if it's this ridiculous "double-public."

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

What you asked had nothing to do with the subject, don't whine because you received an answer on the same level.

The ability to vote kick has nothing to do with "allowing to play how they want." It's a game feature, which happens to not be in the game, for reasons people mention on a daily basis. Expecting DE to create two public queues, one for people who want to kick and one for those who don't, is absurd. I'd rather they used that time to make a Sugatra I'll never use.

You are perfectly capable of playing the game how you want - solo, in a public group, in a friends group, with Dojo people, with a recruited group. You just don't get to kick people out, because Warframe's community has more than shown that it would be misused, not just to remove people who are AFK or griefing. It's hilarious that you try to frame this as I "wanting people to play how I want," when you are wanting to shove an abuseable kick option down the throat of either the players - if it's a global thing - or DE - if it's this ridiculous "double-public."

Im not framing anything. its pretty clear in itself.

At the end of the day, i want an option where both parties can be happy and play how they want

Edited by Itsmez

Just now, Itsmez said:

Im not framing anything. its pretty clear in itself.

If you want to call not wanting a new, worse breed of griefers to be created by adding the ability to kick as "not wanting you to play how you want," whatever.

I don't want you to play the way you want, Itsmez. Now you have it official. Print and hang on your wall.

4 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

If you want to call not wanting a new, worse breed of griefers to be created by adding the ability to kick as "not wanting you to play how you want," whatever.

I don't want you to play the way you want, Itsmez. Now you have it official. Print and hang on your wall.

We have gone this over and over, you would not have to play with those "griefers" if you wish not to, that was the whole point. It would be an option where everyone could be happy.

1 hour ago, Itsmez said:

open the recruiting chat and write

"Hosting [insert whatever you want to play], Need [insert whatever you want in your group]. No afk'ers!"

no friends needed

1 hour ago, Itsmez said:

and you sould create a p erfect enviornment for people to be kicked for the most stupid reasons

1 hour ago, Itsmez said:

this means elitists would probably try to kick you, because you don't conform to their meta only mindset

1 hour ago, Itsmez said:

as I said above:

you not using the flavor of the month Meta would make you a target for the elitists.

in conclusion:I wonder how you would react if the system you want would be abused against you for the most stupid reasons