Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A PvEvP option on INDEX

Kadesfy

4 hours ago, Methanoid said:

the incentive to play any of these game modes was originally to have "fun", not slapping in arbitrary rewards meant to entice players in but leave once they have that they need, pretty much all new warframe content is built around getting the new stuff then abandoning whatever they added like it doesnt exist anymore, mostly because what they add is tedious, boring and not fun in any way, you actually feel relieved when the grind is over knowing you never have to go back to things like disruption.

Thats why I'd just stick with a credits bonus (that is something we almost aways use) and since its kinda easy to implement (just need to put two matches to start at a same time, and see whos win first), will not throw away a lot of time and affort if its just forgoten by the players...

On 2020-01-16 at 4:09 AM, Uber.Munchkin said:

PvP just doesn't have any place in Warframe, the game isn't balanced for it and never will be.  If you want SciFi PvP then I hear Destiny is a good option.

PvP has a place in Warframe both through lore and gameplay as it brings in the option to face another of equal power against you. It's the same exact concept to what Destiny has. Destiny's Guardians face each other so that they ready themselves in case of a higher threat. This applies to Warframe with the Tenno facing each other in order to sharpen their skills.

Conclave was balanced up until Plains of Eidolon. After that, it's gone downhill.

One thing that Warframe has that no other PvP game is it's incredible mobility. This is what sets it apart from other PvP games, the gimmick of actually being a space ninja that sadly, PvE doesn't give enough of. The mobility that is given to players just isn't used to it's full potential in PvE since the game's AI isn't all that bright. The enemies that we face have to rely on either nullifiers and knockdown attacks to truly incapacitate a player.

However in PvP, players can use the fullest extent of a warframe's mobility and tracking skill to be lethal at any range. Why claim that the game lets you play as a space ninja when most games have you either running and standing still near a defense point to nuke enemy waves. PvE almost never makes use of the parkour abilities other than bullet jump for faster traversal. That's it. No wall jumping, wall running, wall hanging and mid-air dodge rolling. All qualities that you can use to your advantage in PvP. Some maps in PvE allow for wall running which is great but it isn't often used due to terrain layout. In fact, many of the maps aren't bullet jump and wall run friendly since bullet jump was conceived after the creation of the maps.

The game Titanfall makes great use of wall running by catering its map designs to allow fluid movement. Conclave can stand on its own, it just needs a more attention and advertisement. It can host a bigger community, but it just needs more of a push.

DE's slacking on PvE content right now with the terrible release of Empyrean. Conclave can be a great outlet for those who have burnt out on PvE. Even if DE devotes at least 1-2 people to pay attention to conclave and to focus on countless balance issues that the Conclave community has constantly provided, it can make a huge difference.

I play a number of games pvp modes and so far my experience is this.

1. Large scale pvp is way better than arena.

2. Unless the game is meticulously balanced and drops hotfixes within hours of pvp issues the game mode, specifically small scale pvp, is dead.

3. Cheaters, hackers, exploiters galore unless you have dedicated servers with cheat security.

On 2020-01-15 at 2:09 PM, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

I have over 2k hours in tom clancy the division, and my experience is that pvpve will mostly bring mostly toxicity.

I'm ok with it as long as it's just another conclave mode with no exclusive rewards appart from a few cosmetics

Anything competitive will bring toxicity regardless if its PvE or PvP. Some event clans (PvE) get hate for being good. They'll use the most optimal builds that the game might even break things which DE later fixes. Can you blame them? They're theory crafting and using all the tools and ideas they can think of far beyond what DE imagined a player capable of. It takes days of testing to accomplish such things too.

Add PvPvE, you'll likely hear toxic toxic toxic. Silently, in the background there will also be fun. The PvP game mode would ofc need to be refined. It would have to function and present properly to ensure a degree of fairness and usability since most people immediately refer to the Dark Sector PvP which had zero balancing done to it.

On 2020-01-17 at 5:38 PM, Redfeather75 said:

I play a number of games pvp modes and so far my experience is this.

1. Large scale pvp is way better than arena.

2. Unless the game is meticulously balanced and drops hotfixes within hours of pvp issues the game mode, specifically small scale pvp, is dead.

3. Cheaters, hackers, exploiters galore unless you have dedicated servers with cheat security.

1. Couldn't agree more.

2. DE would have to be on top of it yes, nothing we'll be able to do about it.

3. Warframes been pretty good with hacking related things. Exploits usually get fixed quick, especially once it becomes public information which in PvP would happen quickly.

On 2020-01-17 at 9:45 PM, (XB1)Bartender Luna said:

PvP has a place in Warframe both through lore and gameplay as it brings in the option to face another of equal power against you. It's the same exact concept to what Destiny has. Destiny's Guardians face each other so that they ready themselves in case of a higher threat. This applies to Warframe with the Tenno facing each other in order to sharpen their skills.

Conclave was balanced up until Plains of Eidolon. After that, it's gone downhill.

One thing that Warframe has that no other PvP game is it's incredible mobility. This is what sets it apart from other PvP games, the gimmick of actually being a space ninja that sadly, PvE doesn't give enough of. The mobility that is given to players just isn't used to it's full potential in PvE since the game's AI isn't all that bright. The enemies that we face have to rely on either nullifiers and knockdown attacks to truly incapacitate a player.

However in PvP, players can use the fullest extent of a warframe's mobility and tracking skill to be lethal at any range. Why claim that the game lets you play as a space ninja when most games have you either running and standing still near a defense point to nuke enemy waves. PvE almost never makes use of the parkour abilities other than bullet jump for faster traversal. That's it. No wall jumping, wall running, wall hanging and mid-air dodge rolling. All qualities that you can use to your advantage in PvP. Some maps in PvE allow for wall running which is great but it isn't often used due to terrain layout. In fact, many of the maps aren't bullet jump and wall run friendly since bullet jump was conceived after the creation of the maps.

The game Titanfall makes great use of wall running by catering its map designs to allow fluid movement. Conclave can stand on its own, it just needs a more attention and advertisement. It can host a bigger community, but it just needs more of a push.

DE's slacking on PvE content right now with the terrible release of Empyrean. Conclave can be a great outlet for those who have burnt out on PvE. Even if DE devotes at least 1-2 people to pay attention to conclave and to focus on countless balance issues that the Conclave community has constantly provided, it can make a huge difference.

Hard disagree on almost everything you say there.

PvP is a waste of time, the game was never designed to include it and it's just been a nightmare of patching and total lack of balance.  Most players of Warframe have zero interest in PvP, I do not know a single player who is involved in PvP, has ever played it or has any interest in it at all.  

I agree that Titanfall makes great use of it's maps, but then it was designed around a PvP online element, Warframe was not.

Conclave will never be balanced and that is because this game is, first and foremost, a PvE experience.  

DE are in no way 'slacking', Empyrean (while it has it's problems) has been awesome and loads of fun.  This will improve as things move forward, things are fixed and more content is added.  None of which should be PvP content, I don't want PvP in Railjack or in any other aspect of the game, I don't want development resources wasted on a format that most of us have zero interest in and honestly I'd be quite happy to see the entire PvP aspect of the game just removed and never spoken of again.

You've already mentioned Titanfall 2 as a great PvP experience and I am sure there are other great PvP games out there, Warframe is not one of them and hopefully never will be.