Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is Destiny 2 being compared to Warframe a lot more?

-Vahagn-

32 minutes ago, Corvid said:

If you're referring to the "It's hard making content" thing, that was before Forsaken. IIRC it was shortly after one of the two Year 1 expansions (Curse of Osiris and Warmind. I'm leaning toward the latter as to when the comment was made known to the public).

My thought back when that happened was "Yes, that's why you, the literal experts in making Destiny content, are paid to do so and not me."

Ahh, good times. Good times. One of these days I might even go back and play Destiny 2 again. It's been since...shoot, almost a year now.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

20 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

"Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto both have guns, that makes them the same." Is basically what those people are saying. They are wrong. Warframe and Destiny arent anything alike.

Syi-fi mmo esuqe shooters where you're tasked with destroying some sort of evil regaining your power and doing good for the universe mostly

The games a similar idk why people find it as an issue

16 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

My thought back when that happened was "Yes, that's why you, the literal experts in making Destiny content, are paid to do so and not me."

Ahh, good times. Good times. One of these days I might even go back and play Destiny 2 again. It's been since...shoot, almost a year now.

It is funny but corridor of time is a good example of how bungie makes content nowadays.

1 hour ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Yeah, I stopped playing a bit before Curse of Osiris came out. Right now I keep up with the game's news via Darkside Royalty Lore's channel, but I have no interest in playing it myself.

2 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Syi-fi mmo esuqe shooters where you're tasked with destroying some sort of evil regaining your power and doing good for the universe mostly

The games a similar idk why people find it as an issue

Well I actually have to apologize. I haven't played Destiny but saw some gameplay and saw it was more than Halo 2.0. They have melee and some parkour and large maps and tray powers.

I'm still not gonna play it, it's not for me, but I at least kinda get it now. Warframe still has 40 frames and looks like it has way more freedom of movement and abilities.

They're only similar at the conceptual level of "Space Heroes With Space Magic Fight Space Bad Guys."

They feel nothing alike in play, have entirely different design paradigms, and are...I mean, you could make an argument that they're both very similar to Super Smash Bros if you abstract it enough. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Well I actually have to apologize. I haven't played Destiny but saw some gameplay and saw it was more than Halo 2.0. They have melee and some parkour and large maps and tray powers.

I'm still not gonna play it, it's not for me, but I at least kinda get it now. Warframe still has 40 frames and looks like it has way more freedom of movement and abilities.

Thats also a fair comparison 

On 2020-01-21 at 5:41 PM, WH1735S0W said:

True, though there is always cool gear to get

And I only have one question that I still get zero answer from people I ask : Why should I get those cool gear when I have my weapon with rampage already?

8 hours ago, 844448 said:

And I only have one question that I still get zero answer from people I ask : Why should I get those cool gear when I have my weapon with rampage already?

True, if you are happy with your Drang then you don't have to worry about getting anything else. However Destiny gets new weapons quite often and new weapons means new possibilities.

Your Drang is serviceable, but maybe you would like a exotic or power weapon to go along with it. For example, maybe you want a Sturm to go along with its perks, or Izanagi's Burden for range and DPS. Or maybe you you would like a weapon that is a upgrade to your current weapon, such as the Baroque Drang. Me personally I want from only using the Sweet Business to now only using the Last Word, due to a change in play styles.

There are also weapons that work better in PvP than in PvE and vice versa.

Edited by WH1735S0W

On 2020-01-22 at 9:53 AM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Not trying to be rude but if you have to defer someone to another forums because these forums are Bad but "this one is worse" you're not winning an argument bro 

I'm just pointing what a 'bad' situation really looks like - this forum might get a little salty from time to time but it's certainly not the chum-filled piranha tank it is over there.

And most of the moans people have here about subject like 'grind', 'reward' and 'difficulty' (which seem to be the top three from what I can see) are all being raised there too, only the way that the community respond to each other and the way the developers respond to the community is totally different.

A valid comparison, IMO..

1 hour ago, WH1735S0W said:

True, if you are happy with your Drang then you don't have to worry about getting anything else. However Destiny gets new weapons quite often and new weapons means new possibilities.

Your Drang is serviceable, but maybe you would like a exotic or power weapon to go along with it. For example, maybe you want a Sturm to go along with its perks, or Izanagi's Burden for range and DPS. Or maybe you you would like a weapon that is a upgrade to your current weapon, such as the Baroque Drang. Me personally I want from only using the Sweet Business to now only using the Last Word, due to a change in play styles.

There are also weapons that work better in PvP than in PvE and vice versa.

Well, you see, this is what I mean when I get no answer. Well, maybe not a satisfying answer so I guess I'll try to explain it better

I already have drang with rampage so what is the reason to get those cool gears that don't have rampage on it?

Well, I'll go to the details like these

Why should I use weapons with high impact reserve when you need to empty your magazine for only roughly 25% damage bonus near the end of the clip when I can reach 30% - 33% with rampage?

What is the advantage on getting swashbuckler or other perks from baroque drang over the original drang?

Most of the time I only get "it's a good weapon" instead of in depth explanation so I find going for other weapons to be uninteresting and pointless

Edit : I'm a free player that refuse to buy any DLC or season pass so many is not available for me

Edited by 844448

1 hour ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

And, the meta shifts on the regular, just like in Warframe. Drang may find itself on the downslope some day. No reason no tto collect 'em all. 

I doubt if drang is the meta since I haven't seen other using drang, mostly rifles or hand cannons

At least destiny 2 actually has some challenge... Not just nuke whole map without moving... There is FAR too much cheese now. I haven't felt challenged in this game for years. Hell even in WoW just running dungeon finder as a healer gives more of a rush than ANY activity in this game...

-SaltyVet