Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is Destiny 2 being compared to Warframe a lot more?

-Vahagn-

I've been out of the loop for some time now. However I have been seeing lately that people are talking about Destiny 2 in railjack discussions. Though I am a bit confused, is this due to player numbers and why in railjack specifically? I mean destiny 2 is a great game, but why are we talking about it more with the introduction of railjacks?

Are players leaving Warframe to play Destiny 2, or something like that?

Sorry if I sound confused. I came back to Warframe after playing other games.

Edited by WH1735S0W

Don't know, but so far I'm playing destiny 2 to get that homing rifle exotic which looks like buzlok wannabe while questioning what am I doing because I have drang with rampage and innate masterwork so I don't need to get another gun at all

• Like 2

People are stupid, that's why.

They are scifi online Shooter with loot.

That's enough for some people to compare them.

It's basically all about self justification.

They find 2 things that are very remotely similar and then compare the differences in order to make their favourite stand atop.

P.S.

WF and D2 have always been compared a lot, even WF and D1 have been. It's not a new topic, it simly fell asleep for a while.

But since D2 is now also free2play there are now 5 things, that they are the same, so those desperate blockheads have another reason to dig up the dead horse again, to beat it some more.

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, 844448 said:

to get that homing rifle exotic which looks like buzlok wannabe

You mean Symmetry? I love that gun, the catalyst turns it in to a beast.

10 minutes ago, 844448 said:

while questioning what am I doing because I have drang with rampage and innate masterwork so I don't need to get another gun at all

True, though there is always cool gear to get. Also try getting the sturm, it goes very well with the drang.

3 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

They are scifi online Shooter with loot.

That's enough for some people to compare them.

It's basically all about self justification.

I see, I am a little surprised we are not comparing Warframe to Borderlands 3 or something.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb WH1735S0W:

I see, I am a little surprised we are not comparing Warframe to Borderlands 3 or something.

You shouldn't try to understand the mind of a lunatic.

Just step aside when they are throwing their cooking ware out of the window, after sorting it for weight, at 3.A.M. while humming the intro of 'Friends'.

24 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

-snip-

Destiny and Warframe are almost the same game. it doesn't matter that the art looks different and that the Guns make a different bleep bloop sound when you fire them, it doesn't matter where the Camera is, it doesn't matter who the Voice Actors are.

they are functionally the same game in so many major aspects that it is inevitable that people will look at one and the other.

and you don't even have to be convinced that they are very similar even though they are - the Companies that own each of these games, know that their games are very similar and are direct competition to each other. they've always known that, because when it's financially important that you know who your competition is, you learn who your competition is. as then there isn't the choice of not liking the truths, since identifying the competition is important to whether you will still have a job in the future or not, the job that pays your bills.

25 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:

there are some similarities, but there's actually less to Borderlands, and that's why the two games aren't trying to compete with each other, as they aren't direct competition to each other.

• Like 4

I played D2 and apart from the fact that both games having the same PvE looter shooter theme where you pick strongest weapons and equipments to go sweeping all mobs and bosses, there is nothing else I find from D2 similar to WF.

Those people who compared WF and D2, I believe they were just short-term hype. Heck, WF was even compared to Anthem the failure.

hace 5 minutos, taiiat dijo:

Destiny and Warframe are almost the same game. it doesn't matter that the art looks different and that the Guns make a different bleep bloop sound when you fire them, it doesn't matter where the Camera is, it doesn't matter who the Voice Actors are.

they are functionally the same game in so many major aspects that it is inevitable that people will look at one and the other.

They can have some common points. I dont know Destiny that much. I mean they are both products made to sell so yeah they can look alike.

But you cant say they are the same. Warframe has a certain essence, a certain soul. Its no really so generic that you can mistake it for another.

You can completely ignore it and play smashing the keyboard of course. Then every videogame looks the same.

Just now, Travis05 said:

But you cant say they are the same. Warframe has a certain essence, a certain soul. Its no really so generic that you can mistake it for another.

i already said it has nothing to do with the way they look or sound, that doesn't determine whether the games compete with each other or not. the 'content' that each game is majority comprised of is nearly the same. Destiny does have some outliers here and there such as Mysteries/Puzzles as routes to acquiring certain items of which Warframe has no such thing, but there isn't much else that doesn't line up very closely. what Players do and how they do it in each game is so, so very similar.

1 hour ago, WH1735S0W said:

I've been out of the loop for some time now. However I have been seeing lately that people are talking about Destiny 2 in railjack discussions. Though I am a bit confused, is this due to player numbers and why in railjack specifically? I mean destiny 2 is a great game, but why are we talking about it more with the introduction of railjacks?

Are players leaving Warframe to play Destiny 2, or something like that?

Sorry if I sound confused. I came back to Warframe after playing other games.

I personally only bring it up when people start complaining about the state of the game and talking about how they're going to quit playing.

At that point I refer them to Destiny 2, so they can at least visit the forums and see what a REAL dumpster fire looks like....

• Like 1

Many Warframe clan discords now have a Destiny 2 section, and my previous WF clan nearly abandoned WF altogether to play D2.

Similar or not, WF players do seem attracted to D2.  I'm all for the competition, it can only drive the developers to improve their content to retain players. 

It's always struck me as the thinnest of comparisons -- there are games that have a LOT more in common with Warframe. Anthem, for instance, is (or was...does Anthem still exist?) much, much closer to Warframe in playstyle, aesthetic, and technical features than the various Destinies ever were. 

It's ironic, because no one gave two s***s about Destiny 2 while it was a full price game. But brainless idiots suddenly treat it like the second coming when it becomes (mostly) F2P.

I don't care if Activi$ion no longer has their grubby mitts on it. A turd will always be a turd. Destiny can rot in the garbage heap along with Anthem.

Edited by (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter

It's a good thing...Competition of any sort imagined or not promotes both developers to produce better content...Plus both games are so different from each other in so many ways yet they retain the Sci-Fi adventure audience between them that if you went by Region chat at any moment of the day it can suddenly become  a large Destiny AAA meeting...

Basically every game is a competition, because you the player are free to choose what game do you play if you have a huge merits of it. I personally likes to play with starsector, rimworld, starcraft2, magic the gathering and so on and yet I play warframe too. Simply becuse the game is interests me and it has a charm I likes.

You can argue with which one is better, you can make comparation if a game is in the similar genre, but any grown up person only care about what he/she likes to do in free time. I do not see Destiny a direct competition ( by personal view ) but those whom like the two game maybe will do try both. In my part I skipped that game, because found the price tag a bit high and the story-visuals not what I really liked so I just skipped.

Edited by Serafinia
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

It's a good thing...Competition of any sort imagined or not promotes both developers to produce better content...Plus both games are so different from each other in so many ways yet they retain the Sci-Fi adventure audience between them that if you went by Region chat at any moment of the day it can suddenly become  a large Destiny AAA meeting...

Exactly.  I don't play D2 but I want it to get absolutely massive just so DE sh*ts themselves and starts to really change how they approach WF.  Not even sure how similar they are, but I know they are seen as competitors by some within the WF community, and almost everyone outside of it.  Maybe then we'd actually have something done about dam/armor scaling, unique game modes in different areas, and a complete/cohesive game instead of a collection of isolated islands.  I'll go way out on a limb and say maybe we'd actually get some kind of high level, skill-based challenge instead of gear-check "challenge" (endgame, if you want to call it that)