Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is Destiny 2 being compared to Warframe a lot more?

-Vahagn-

They are similar in "what you do" comparisons. You run around shooting things and collecting loot, in space. They have similar options for weaponry. They have both open worlds and "strikes". Both have a range of classes with special powers to choose from (9 when I left D2, 40+ in Warframe)

Both have their pros and cons. Both focus on different audiences:

• One is a horde shooter, the other is a tactical shooter (huge difference, and huge point of contention in WF discussions about difficulty).
  • One lets you use your powers freely, the other limits their use to a trickle (in most cases, with outliers like sun grenades and dark vampire, using Exotics to facilitate special ability interactions to regain energy faster)
  • One lets you run free with melee, the other treats melee like another heavy weapon with ammo...
  • One has a slow, plodding pace where cover matters, and has really high regeneration time on health/shields (so the cover provides a chance to restore health), whereas the other is fast paced, and movement is cover, with no early-game methods of fast health restoration, but many late-game options.|
  • One has banked on highly randomized layouts of areas and enemy encounters, while the other is heavily scripted.
  • One has immediately usable drops and a large on-the-fly-arsenal system that lets you be quite adaptable to the situation you find yourself in, and makes loot interesting on the way up (not so much once you hit the top, and has its own problems with the light levels associated with it.) while the other drops blueprints that you have to take back to craft as well as the ingredients to craft them, and your arsenal is quite limited in the field to what you prepare to bring ahead of time.

I'm more biased to how Warframe has been designed, but D1/2 have some good points as well that I wouldn't mind seeing more of in Warframe. Most features from either game would be out of place in the other, and are not good comparisons, however. (reducing the hordes and making warframe more of a tactical shooter with stronger enemies, limited energy, and using cover... kinda makes it a totally different game... for instance.)

I don't know why D2 would be compared with Warframe more NOW than before... the only thing changing is D2 going F2P-ish. (I don't see myself ever going back to D1/2)

• Like 3

D2 and warframe are similar enough that it’s pretty easy to bounce between the two.  When one has a lot of story and fresh content to try and the other has no new campaign content and keeps releasing islands that have zero reason to do after you gear up, you play one over the other.  Until that first one releases stuff you want to play and so on.  Playing just one game is silly and leads to burnout.  Warframe seems like a game made for playing in spurts anyway. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Basically after 2 years of hype  railjack is about 20% of what was promised and released a buggy mess.  So some players a going to Destiny. How times have changed. .... 

I dont know dud. After looking at the first 5 pages of the D2 forums, I think its a "The grass is always greener..." situation.

OOOOHHHH I found few good ones.

"Why do you hate solo casual players Bungie?"

"This has got to be the most ungrateful community on earth."

Deja vu!

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

I dont know dud. After looking at the first 5 pages of the D2 forums, I think its a "The grass is always greener..." situation.

OOOOHHHH I found few good ones.

"Why do you hate solo casual players Bungie?"

"This has got to be the most ungrateful community on earth."

Deja vu!

I believe your right. But up until the past two year warframe never got talked about like this..   The Devs are starting to lose the good well of their player base…. People are starting to see thought the BS,  Bungie been such a big studio , I knew they would start trying to milk their player base….. Although DE are starting to get more aggressive with their microtransactions.

Because it's gone free 2 play and is in direct competition with warframe?

Im not a destiny fan and will never be (Bungie went out of their way to lose me as a customer) but it has taken a significant chunk of players from other games, especially warframe.

Similar games with similar goals but warframe requires too much of an investment to get anywhere. Destiny is much easier to digest and is more accessible. That's why it's active players surpass warframe - you can hop in and accomplish something tangible. Where as warframe requires a ton of busy work and maintenance before you an even enjoy something simple like a new gun. 

7 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Remember when we compared Warframe with Anthem?

Huh? Anyone?

No one going to speak up? Anthem? The looter shooter made with Bioware Magic? That uses tears and therapy as mana?

ok.

I remember people saying how Anthem is going to kill Warframe and that they pre-ordered it already... We all know how that turned out.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Ironically you only see warframe players compare warframe to d2

Not really, I saw similar topics on D2 forums and reddit. In fact, after the Empyrean demo, there was at least one thread about whether D2 should get space combat as well.

You should realize that quite a few people play BOTH games, they are not mutually exclusive.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins

6 minutes ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

Not really, I saw similar topics on D2 forums and reddit. In fact, after the Empyrean demo, there was at least one thread about whether D2 should get space combat as well.

You should realize that quite a few people play BOTH games, they are not mutually exclusive.

As someone who plays both and is active on both forums. It mostly comes from the wf players. Not saying it's a bad thing but being a no life on here the d2 forums ark and eso forums between d2 and wf I see alot more warframe players talking about destiny. But I can see that my wording was slightly biased and I do apologize 

Just now, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Been hearing that the pvp has gotten worst lately maybe that's why so many comparisions lately, the pvp is getting to conclave levels of garabage

Eh the meta is just garbo nobody likes how slow it is now. It's a scout rifle meta and has been since before it went ftp.

7 minutes ago, mac10smg--Toa_of_Green said:

Are you sure? Last I heard it was a Shotgun/Hand Cannon meta.

Though then again, I tend to avoid PvP whenever possible, so I could be wrong about that.

Last night I played ab 7-8 games and all of em I got camped out by scout rifles from accross the Map so I assumed it never changedb

I enjoy warframe enough to be passionate about the changes they make or fail to make. However Destiny holds no value to me.  I suppose I could go play destiny, a game I really don't like, and complain on thier forums all day about how they should change things to be more like Warframe but I don't because enjoying Warframe isn't why one plays Destiny.