Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is Destiny 2 being compared to Warframe a lot more?

-Vahagn-

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Last night I played ab 7-8 games and all of em I got camped out by scout rifles from accross the Map so I assumed it never changedb

Yea players are using scout rifles more to farm Randy's Throwing Knife. Plus Symmetry (exotic scout) was given out for free. However hand cannons are still very strong in PvP.

Both are free-to play now, both are now filled with paid microtransactions and both have been having trouble producing meaningful content through the year. The comparaison is easy. Still more angry at D2 for releasing a lasy recycled moon expansion followed by disposable seasons with only one somewhat lame activity and making you triple dip (buy the game and expansion , buy the season passes, buy the silver to get eververse stuff now that bright dust is super rare). At least WF had Fortuna and RJ (even in it's flawed current slate) and it doesn't sell you a retail disk and a season pass every few months.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

Because D2 went F2P.

That said, I've tried D2. I've put around a hundred hours into it, and I can already smell the wall of frustration around endgame content. I'm also well-familiar with Bungie's garbage-tier community relations from the Halo 2/3 days, so I have zero interest in getting over-invested in it. It's not a bad game, but Destiny was always a lackluster ripoff of Warframe married to the crappy Halo: Reach movement and gunplay, D2 is no different, and I don't really have much interest in it when I can play WF now and Halo CE, 2, and 3 once they unlock in the MCC. Those were Bungie's glory years anyways.

It's nice to have populated PvP though, I will give it that.

5 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Don't speak of that weapon I get salty hearing it

Duh, I main that weapon now until I get my kinetic sidearm with rampage and outlaw. Now I use that vanguard scout rifle with explosive rounds

What's so good from that weapon anyway? I only see the good part is your radar not disappearing when aiming and increased move speed, that's all

51 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Duh, I main that weapon now until I get my kinetic sidearm with rampage and outlaw. Now I use that vanguard scout rifle with explosive rounds

What's so good from that weapon anyway? I only see the good part is your radar not disappearing when aiming and increased move speed, that's all

For maps that are heavy on laning Randy's mida and jade are cancer if you can just hit headshots im still running my cheese risk runner on my arc hunter and if I get popped by a kid in the back of the map with one of those three again I'm gonna lose it

11 hours ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

If they ever figure out to combine the  whole destiny together and randomly generated dungeons watch out!

Destiny 2 would crush every game at that point. It is such a tight and polished game. I only stopped playing it because it feels so small. The zones feels like single player game levels that you repeat forever. It feels so incredibly small and repetitive.

4 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

For maps that are heavy on laning Randy's mida and jade are cancer

People still use the Jade Rabbit?

3 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

The zones feels like single player game levels that you repeat forever. It feels so incredibly small and repetitive.

Personally I feel the same way about Warframe's open worlds, but I do agree Destiny can feel small at times.

16 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

I dont know dud. After looking at the first 5 pages of the D2 forums, I think its a "The grass is always greener..." situation.

OOOOHHHH I found few good ones.

"Why do you hate solo casual players Bungie?"

"This has got to be the most ungrateful community on earth."

Deja vu!

The grass at Destiny 2 definitely isn't greener - it's brown, patchy and covered in dog turds...

Whenever I've seen somebody moaning about 'the state of Warframe', I've always referred them to the D2 forums, because a bad day at Warframe is the norm over there..

21 minutes ago, (XB1)TwinStripeUK said:

The grass at Destiny 2 definitely isn't greener - it's brown, patchy and covered in dog turds...

Whenever I've seen somebody moaning about 'the state of Warframe', I've always referred them to the D2 forums, because a bad day at Warframe is the norm over there..

Not trying to be rude but if you have to defer someone to another forums because these forums are Bad but "this one is worse" you're not winning an argument bro 

On 2020-01-21 at 6:49 AM, ThorienKELL said:

Usually in a rant "RJ was bad, I'm leaving for Destiny!", right? ; ) 
Because people are parrots with no ability of critical thinking.
Whoever even mentioned warframe in the same sentence as soulless corporate trash as destiny, deserves to play destiny. 

Don't forget the part where they ignore the insane grind for individual weapons (that are mostly reskins with slightly different stats/ effects) and how some of the best weapons are locked behind PvP grind (meanwhile conclave grind is a travesty).  And that a lot of the content is locked behind paywalls.

Edited by Aggh

The people I dont really get are the ones that say they are fed up with recycled content in WF so they'll go play Destiny 2 instead. Yet Destiny 2 has just the same amount (if not more) recycled content that you also need to pay for in order to get access to it. 

It is the single most seen complaint about Destiny 2 and its expansions "not worth it, just another batch of recycled content" with the exception Forsaken, which people seem to think is new and diverse enough from the rest. And even the devs have admitted to it and blamed the community for things being as they are, since Bungie cant keep up with the demands from the players since the engine used is very difficult. I still wonder how that is a fault of the players and not the devs.

If it it werent for asshat comments like that back when it was on Bnet I would have tried it out back then with the free copy. But I just cannot support a company with the mindset "our players are bad because they wanna play our game and force us to work". That aswell as the fact that there is no LFG tool in the game were 100% turn offs for me when it went to Steam. I mean #*!%, a game released after the year 2005 that is online focused and has no LFG tool in-game?

I dont know I moved to Destiny 3-4 months ago and I dont regret it, even bought dlcs. In that time Warframe had atleast 2 "things",  that some people from my (ex) clan call "content". But in the end its just useless, borring and not rewarding grind for mastery level. Yeah I talk about Liches and Rajljack.

Just now, GC_Avangard said:

I dont know I moved to Destiny 3-4 months ago and I dont regret it, even bought dlcs. In that time Warframe had atleast 2 "things",  that some people from my (ex) clan call "content". But in the end its just useless, borring and not rewarding grind for mastery level. Yeah I talk about Liches and Rajljack.

And yet you’re still here. 😉

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

The people I dont really get are the ones that say they are fed up with recycled content in WF so they'll go play Destiny 2 instead. Yet Destiny 2 has just the same amount (if not more) recycled content that you also need to pay for in order to get access to it. 

It is the single most seen complaint about Destiny 2 and its expansions "not worth it, just another batch of recycled content" with the exception Forsaken, which people seem to think is new and diverse enough from the rest. And even the devs have admitted to it and blamed the community for things being as they are, since Bungie cant keep up with the demands from the players since the engine used is very difficult. I still wonder how that is a fault of the players and not the devs.

If it it werent for asshat comments like that back when it was on Bnet I would have tried it out back then with the free copy. But I just cannot support a company with the mindset "our players are bad because they wanna play our game and force us to work". That aswell as the fact that there is no LFG tool in the game were 100% turn offs for me when it went to Steam. I mean #*!%, a game released after the year 2005 that is online focused and has no LFG tool in-game?

In fairness, Forsaken was pretty new - a solid, substantial expansion that wasn't just running old missions backwards. I dropped Warframe like a hot rock when that came around. I came back to Warframe when I'd used up Forsaken, but it was a good expansion, warts and all.

Kinda like Warframe usually is. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

13 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

In fairness, Forsaken was pretty new - a solid, substantial expansion that wasn't just running old missions backwards. I dropped Warframe like a hot rock when that came around. I came back to Warframe when I'd used up Forsaken, but it was a good expansion, warts and all.

Kinda like Warframe usually is. 

Yeah I think it was shortly after forsaken that Bungie went out with the not so very professional complaint regarding their players. That was kinda the turning point but people kept saying it was all due to activision. Yet nothing has changed with the recycled moneygrab content and paid for season pass models after they broke free. Yet the same people who wouldnt touch it because activision did "this and that" to it are now praising it when it is still the exact same game with the same bad monetization model.

I mean, I dont dislike the model itself, but the way Bungie is doing it compared to games like ESO and GW2 it just makes Bungie look like money grabbing asshats.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah I think it was shortly after forsaken that Bungie went out with the not so very professional complaint regarding their players. That was kinda the turning point but people kept saying it was all due to activision. Yet nothing has changed with the recycled moneygrab content and paid for season pass models after they broke free. Yet the same people who wouldnt touch it because activision did "this and that" to it are now praising it when it is still the exact same game with the same bad monetization model.

I mean, I dont dislike the model itself, but the way Bungie is doing it compared to games like ESO and GW2 it just makes Bungie look like money grabbing asshats.

#ActivisionDidNothingWrong

• Like 1

Having put quite a bit into Destiny 2 over the course of the last month or so I see the appeal. It has some aspects to it that I like quite a bit and some things that I just can't justify being in a game at this day and age. Most notably in PvP but I'm going to chalk that up to personal preference and leave the conversation at that. 

What I gather from it is that D2 is a game that is far more "natural" to play in longer sessions. To get anything of note done, especially later once all the campaigns are done, requires you to sit down and farm out bounties or strikes. And the way how some weapons are acquired honestly leaves me of the opinion that D2 is far more grindy of a game then WF. And as for RNG I don't quite agree that WF has any more of it then D2 or quite a few other games. 

What I will say is that in D2, I have already begun to feel that I have nothing in particular to strive for. Usually I find some hook for me to go for, like a weapon quest or a triumph. But I am starting to show some signs of burnout. 

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah I think it was shortly after forsaken that Bungie went out with the not so very professional complaint regarding their players.

If you're referring to the "It's hard making content" thing, that was before Forsaken. IIRC it was shortly after one of the two Year 1 expansions (Curse of Osiris and Warmind. I'm leaning toward the latter as to when the comment was made known to the public).

Edited by Corvid

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

If you're referring to the "It's hard making content" thing, that was before Forsaken. IIRC it was shortly after one of the two Year 1 expansions (Curse of Osiris and Warmind. I'm leaning toward the latter as to when the comment was made known to the public).

Yup that one. And yeah it might have been around one of those releases. I just remember reading it back then and thinking "wtf!?".

Even if they wouldnt have made it sound like a blame the community thing, they'd still look and sound incompetent and unprofessional by going out and complaining in a rather whiny way about how hard it is making content. Worst part was the people going "it's not their fault, it's because of activision putting too much pressure on them!".

I think I've only seen it or well experienced it in one other game and that was Marvel Heroes. When they decided to envision their less than bright idea to port the game to console. It was followed by some seriously bad comment from some of the devs when PC players asked for content. More or less calling us idiots by saying we possibly couldnt understand how hard it was to develop for two platforms simultaneously. The game got shut down about a year later and one of the twats is now working at EA Sports.