Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Early Christmass? 15 Shards for Tenebrous Ephemera...

BlackVortex

7 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

doing these kinds of things makes people quit the game, I guess the only reason they did it with Tenebrous was because the amount of people who owned it was small enough for them not to care

Dissatisfaction with the RNG acquisition involved for a cosmetic also made people quit the game. It was because of the small number of players who owned it that they knew something was wrong, which needed to be addressed. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Edited by kapn655321

1 minute ago, BlackVortex said:

So it's my fault for investing the time DE wanted players to invest in getting a rare item, only to diminish the rarity of said item because too many players were crying about how rare it was?

Yes.
Well, maybe fault isn't the right word. But yes, it's your problem. DE has decided to make a change, and we'll have to live with it.

Now just for a bit of clarification; I'm still a little conflicted about this change myself due to the many attempts I've done at getting the Ephemera. However, since I have not been successful, there is some solace in the fact that I now have a guarantee of getting it. Even if it is for "only" 15 shards.

Just now, kapn655321 said:

Dissatisfaction with the RNG acquisition involved for a cosmetic also made people quit the game. It was because the small number of players who owned it that they knew something was wrong, that needed to be addressed. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

that sounds like incompetence on DE's end

if they make a cache spawn in less than 1% of anomalies, which will take around 10-15 minutes to complete, and if the drop rate is less than 100%, wouldn't it be just plain obvious that only a small portion of the community would have it considering you would have to spend more than 20-25 hours to get it on average?

10 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

doing these kinds of things makes people quit the game, I guess the only reason they did it with Tenebrous was because the amount of people who owned it was small enough for them not to care

players stop playing not because of the changes that are made by the DE, but because they meet players like you.

6 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

So it's my fault for investing the time DE wanted players to invest in getting a rare item, only to diminish the rarity of said item because too many players were crying about how rare it was?

Yes, absolutely.

You have decided to throw away your life's time for an ephemera.
The other players are not responsible for your wicked choices

• Like 1

Just now, -AxHx-Vile said:

Now just for a bit of clarification; I'm still a little conflicted about this change myself due to the many attempts I've done at getting the Ephemera. However, since I have not been successful, there is some solace in the fact that I now have a guarantee of getting it. Even if it is for "only" 15 shards.

It does also help with people forcefully aborting just because the Container nor any Shedu parts didn't drop, so that people would help each other out to finish the rest of the mission for the Shard (as well as Intrinsics and another rotational reward). All that's needed is to fix the interval of the Anomaly as it's worse than Eidolon hunts. The change made the Anomaly better, but not entirely.

I'm also glad to see that you understand how helpful the change is as it benefits everyone, not a really small majority. I just do not understand why OP feels this entitled to let everyone else suffer a horrendous grind that goes against the intent of Ephemeras in the first place.

1 minute ago, Duality52 said:

It does also help with people forcefully aborting just because the Container nor any Shedu parts didn't drop, so that people would help each other out to finish the rest of the mission for the Shard (as well as Intrinsics and another rotational reward). All that's needed is to fix the interval of the Anomaly as it's worse than Eidolon hunts. The change made the Anomaly better, but not entirely.

I'm also glad to see that you understand how helpful the change is as it benefits everyone, not a really small majority. I just do not understand why OP feels this entitled to let everyone else suffer a horrendous grind that goes against the intent of Ephemeras in the first place.

Oh I absolutely agree. The change is better in various ways, for the vast majority of players. My only conflicting feeling comes from the time already spent, but I'll have to live with that (as will OP).

Just now, BlackVortex said:

after more than a month...

There have been things that were corrected after years. Of course I'd like to see things corrected / finalized much faster than that, which in some cases will happen, but in other cases it will take longer. It all depends on DE's priority list, whatever is on there. Wish I could take a look, but oh well 😉 

after more than a month...

Yep. Been fixing Railjack, which takes a reasonable precedence over a cosmetic.. but that still needed to be addressed, as it appeared insultingly unrewarding for many players, devaluing the gameplay loop of Lich.. which they're also still addressing, just understandably, second in priority.

"I'm mad because I wasted hundreds of hours on an OPTIONAL cosmetic that has literally no impact on gameplay what-so-ever, and now that they made it easier to obtain I'm even more upset because I want everyone else to suffer and go through what I had to go through to get this one item."

From reading the responses, it looks like OP is absolutely convinced that he's right and will not be open to any other perspective. I'm just going to post this and leave. It's a waste of time to argue with people like this so I recommend just stop commenting and letting this thread die.

To OP,

"Howl all you want, it won't give you your wasted time back."

- Ballas

P.S. As a Tenno before posted, OP really does have the boomer mentality  I'll also reply with the same words.

OK Boomer.

There have been things that were corrected after years. Of course I'd like to see things corrected / finalized much faster than that, which in some cases will happen, but in other cases it will take longer. It all depends on DE's priority list, whatever is on there. Wish I could take a look, but oh well 😉 

DE usually doesn't "correct" these kind of things
I think the rarity was intentional but because of the backlash from players they decided to make it easily obtainable

5 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

pretty much every reply you made was offensive or anti-social
do you think I care about your opinion?

The fact that I criticize your point of view in a respectful way does not imply that I have an anti-social attitude, especially because you do not represent the society of warframe players. Secondly, the only one who has responded offensively is you

Just now, (PS4)Tekikko said:

The fact that I criticize your point of view in a respectful way does not imply that I have an anti-social attitude, especially because you do not represent the society of warframe players. Secondly, the only one who has responded offensively is you

I don't think you are respectful if you say it's fair when DE says:
we want you to invest around 50 hours to get item A
player invests 50 hours to get item A
then because other players think its too much effort DE decides to make it 1 hour effectively making that player have wasted 49 hours

4 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

DE usually doesn't "correct" these kind of things
I think the rarity was intentional but because of the backlash from players they decided to make it easily obtainable

They've adjusted droprates / methods of acquiring certain items on occasion. Sure, it's not a very common occurance. But if it was, you probably wouldn't complain about it, since you'd just be thinking "oh here's the monthly drop change" 😉 

And yes, that may have been the reason. But keep in mind they can change anything, at any time, for any reason. Doesn't make it any less annoying, but they can.

then because other players think its too much effort DE decides to make it 1 hour effectively making that player have wasted 49 hours

You make it sound like DE requested you to do this. Keep in mind this was optional. I also spent a lot of hours trying to get it. Those hours were also "wasted". But it was my decision to do so.

Edited by -AxHx-Vile

They've adjusted droprates / methods of acquiring certain items on occasion. Sure, it's not a very common occurance. But if it was, you probably wouldn't complain about it, since you'd just be thinking "oh here's the monthly drop change" 😉 

And yes, that may have been the reason. But keep in mind they can change anything, at any time, for any reason. Doesn't make it any less annoying, but they can.

what im criticizing is the severe change of rarity, I expected it to be around 50-100 runs to work towards in getting the ephemera
not 8 runs (not sure if this is intended or a bug)

what im criticizing is the severe change of rarity, I expected it to be around 50-100 runs to work towards in getting the ephemera
not 8 runs (not sure if this is intended or a bug)

I understand, but what I'm trying to make clear is that it's their decision to do so. They might make it more grindy again in the future, but for now they decided on this.

3 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

You make it sound like DE requested you to do this. Keep in mind this was optional. I also spent a lot of hours trying to get it. Those hours were also "wasted". But it was my decision to do so.

do you think it's fair that you wasted your time and got nothing in return though?

because I don't, even if it didn't drop for you

Edited by BlackVortex

1 minute ago, BlackVortex said:

do you think it's fair that you wasted your time and got nothing in return though?

It was my decision to do so and it's DE's decision to change it. Like I stated, I don't like that my time was "wasted", but I'm glad there at least is a guaranteed way to get it now. It's better for all that still wanted it.
From the many years of playing WF and various other games that appear to be in "eternal development", I've come to accept these things. Over the years there have been various decisions DE has made that I didn't approve of, but unfortunately I'm not in control.

• Like 2

It was my decision to do so and it's DE's decision to change it. Like I stated, I don't like that my time was "wasted", but I'm glad there at least is a guaranteed way to get it now. It's better for all that still wanted it.
From the many years of playing WF and various other games that appear to be in "eternal development", I've come to accept these things. Over the years there have been various decisions DE has made that I didn't approve of, but unfortunately I'm not in control.

true, but that's a different thing from something being fair or not
unlike you I got "rewarded" after having done hundreds and hundreds of runs and although I know that the effort required to get that item will diminish in the future, going from perhaps 1 other person a day getting it, in 1 day half of the Warframe community can have obtained this item with around 1% of the effort I spent getting it
I agree the token system is a good alternative, but again, being able to get it in one lousy day (because you need to wait for Anomaly respawns) to me feels like a slap in the face for the people that did go through all that effort

Stuff like this has been done before and I doubt that it won't happen in the future as DE seems to have a habit of getting their ingame economy wrong. I also wasn't pleased in the first place, when they changed the Cetus arcanes after I had spent endless hours to grind for rare gems and Cetus wisps in order to build them, but in the end, I'm glad for everyone, who doesn't need to suffer from the same amount of grind. When I first heard about the amount of RNG involved in the Ephemera's acquisition and also about the probabilities to actually get a GOOD Vidar reactor, I immediately stopped playing RJ at all, as it simply was a waste of time (and unfortunately still is, considering the fact, that consoles haven't seen a single update yet). I will happily go on the hunt for better stuff again, as soon as it will have been updated, but before that, no way. It's a matter of resonable time investment imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlackVortex said:

let me ask you one thing:
do you think it's fair towards the players who spent around a hundred hours into this that now everyone is able to get it in 1-2 hours of playing?
a simple yes or no will suffice.

Uhm... Yes, I'm fine. And I'll say more: I have the Hema in my dojo, if they'd change the hema farm to be something bearable (basically taking one zero of the number), I'D BE EVEN HAPPIER!

if you think that is fair then you have no moral standards

On the contrary, I have high moral standards: I think that just because I did something the hard way, the others shouldn't suffer the same I did. Let me introduce you an apparently new concept: SOLIDARITY.

Well, if one of those so few tenebrous owners quit the game because of this, I'll be more than happy to get rid of such selfish and entitled people.

Uhm... I wouldn't call it fault but... definitely it was on your end. You decided to invest and as in everything in life, there's a risk when you invest. You took it and now when things are changing, you don't like it. Yes, nobody's problem but yours.

53 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

Nobody pointed a gun to you to waste those 50 hours getting that item. You didn't have to.

51 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

You got something in return: you got the item first.

21 hours ago, BlackVortex said:

show me where it says they are legally prohibited from selling founders packs again

Because they advertised it as never coming back again and people paid money for it on that basis.  There are enough angry nerds out there that someone would probably take legal action against them over it.

20 hours ago, BlackVortex said:

time is money

Your time can't be worth that much if you have 100 hours to waste grinding for a single item in a video game.

• Like 1

I thought I'd post an "update". I just earned the Ephemera. Solo'd the full missions over a few days (no cheese where you re-nav with a squad, though I won't judge people getting it that way). Forget the fact that I tried many, many times to get this Ephemera the RNG way before; getting it this way was way, way better.

Should it perhaps have been more of a challenge? Maybe. But it felt good to have a guaranteed way to get it over the RNG.