Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forced Singleplayer hurts the Warframe Experience: a letter to DE

DariusMcSwag

Here is my Opinion: Please make the quests playable with friends.

Why? Imagine this: You have a friends who wants to try out warframe so you make all normal missions together. But then you are forced to interrupt the play time together because your friend needs to play the solo quest for progress. This is bad for two reasons: One: you can't experienced it with them, two: what you initially wanted to do - play together - you cannot anymore. To say it bluntly: This sucks.

In my experience there are two things that can happen: One: You either spend an evening playing something elese while your frined does the solo quest or two: (which happens more often) you play "normal" missions together and your friend never plays the quest, never makes progress and soon quits warframe.

Why is this? Because the quests are what makes a good game awesome in my opinion. You learn about your background and the background of all the characters and factions. It would be awesome to experience it together.

Anyways, to sum it up force solo quests hurt the multiplayer experience a lot and it would not hurt people who want to solo if you could choose how you want to play it.

• Like 3

This seemed like something interesting to read about but~ once I really got into actually reading it... I'm sorry, but it seems that I'm somewhat confused here so I'm just going to point something out here that people, apparently, may have missed it or simply chose not to react to it...

On 2020-01-29 at 7:03 AM, DariusMcSwag said:

This letter was also not directed at you or others that choose to play singleplayer.

... Let me just confirm this because I didn't quite understand ^this^...

On 2020-01-29 at 6:16 AM, DariusMcSwag said:

... With ^this^ here...

Its not that the content of your post doesn't have merit, and DE explicitly mentioned why they were specific for singleplayer some time ago (even though I clearly understand why it sucks for some people.) but~... Are the ones that play singleplayer, or Solo, not Tenno? Is this discrimination? Are they so different from a "Tenno" that they deserve discrimination from your part because they prefer things as they are right now concerning quests?

... Because it actually feels a lot like its active discrimination towards a specific player base sphere here...

... Are you really going to go with it? Isn't that like... against rules of conduct imposed by DE or something...?

Even if you edit that part in your OP, do you realize that I'm not going to edit that quote so that everyone can actually understand what's going on with that original portion?

• 1 year later...

I know Im late on this but I just wanna add for Anyone that doubted you couldnt play TSD with friends at the beginning.
Aside from Stalker sorta bugging out when we fought him, we had a really smooth experience together
Oh and as proof heres a screenshot I took of us. I didnt have the setting that shows healthbars of your teamates so dont worry about it
?imw=1024&imh=637&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

Edited by MIZTERDANKEE
spelling error

• 5 months later...
On 1/29/2020 at 3:22 AM, TearsOfTomorrow said:

New War will most likely be a co-op affair. Do you know why? Because IT'S GONNA BE A WAR. We're gonna be faced with an army of enemies, so IT MAKES SENSE that we would bring an army of our own.

War Within, on the other hand, was an intimate affair. It was about you coming to terms with your fractured memories while a villain attempted to hijack your body. It's a battle in the center of YOUR mind: how could it possibly MAKE SENSE for anybody else to be there?

That's the difference. It's not about personal preference, it's just about making sense. So to clarify my earlier point: I'm not saying that the OP doesn't have the right to request things. What I'm saying is that a request, especially if addressed to the whole dev team, should be rooted in objective facts and on "let's look at what makes sense" kind of consideration, as opposed to personal likings.

Because, again, there are as many personal likings as there are people, and attempting to create a situation where ALL of them are simultaneously pleased is a wild goose chase. One the devs can't afford to spare resources and energy for.

This aged like milk.

Edited by (NSW)KratonHaddock
  • Like 1

I agree entirely.  I started warframe on PS4, played a lot, and I love the normal game.  I hit new war, and I'm sorry, but the two healing archons are impossible for me.  Snake I could get, the other two I spent a month on before realizing that game progress was lost forever. 

So I started over on PC, got most of the star map, built my necramech, was working on focus, then realized I was just going to come up against that impossible for me barrier again, so I haven't played in a couple of weeks. I keep checking back to see if being required to use a nearly useless character to fight an archon to see all that cool Veilbreaker stuff that looks awesome, but nope, I'll never get there the way it's currently set up, so I lost the urge to keep going.

I'll check back in a few months.  

1 hour ago, holyscapegoat said:

I agree entirely.  I started warframe on PS4, played a lot, and I love the normal game.  I hit new war, and I'm sorry, but the two healing archons are impossible for me.  Snake I could get, the other two I spent a month on before realizing that game progress was lost forever. 

So I started over on PC, got most of the star map, built my necramech, was working on focus, then realized I was just going to come up against that impossible for me barrier again, so I haven't played in a couple of weeks. I keep checking back to see if being required to use a nearly useless character to fight an archon to see all that cool Veilbreaker stuff that looks awesome, but nope, I'll never get there the way it's currently set up, so I lost the urge to keep going.

I'll check back in a few months.  

So, you're just telling us in this thread you're to lazy to look up how the archon fights go and pick the easier two first?

On 3/5/2023 at 4:34 PM, (NSW)KratonHaddock said:
On 1/29/2020 at 5:22 AM, TearsOfTomorrow said:

New War will most likely be a co-op affair. Do you know why? Because IT'S GONNA BE A WAR. We're gonna be faced with an army of enemies, so IT MAKES SENSE that we would bring an army of our own.

This aged like milk.

Those are the tears of today so even that player's username checks out lmao.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

So, you're just telling us in this thread you're to lazy to look up how the archon fights go and pick the easier two first?

No, I'm telling you I got the snake, but can't do either of the two that heal. Well over an attempt a a day for a month.  Sorry, my hands can't do that for a half hour where you can only get hit once on a character that's slow and can barely jump.

I'd like to come back, but not until there's some way around that roadblock.  Warframe is sinking rapidly in the rankings, so maybe rethinking that would be useful - all of the neat new stuff getting released?  People like me go, huh that'd be nice, but I will never see it because I can't do one forced quest with not-my-warframe, and then move on.

Starfield will be along before too long, I guess.

11 hours ago, holyscapegoat said:

No, I'm telling you I got the snake, but can't do either of the two that heal. Well over an attempt a a day for a month.  Sorry, my hands can't do that for a half hour where you can only get hit once on a character that's slow and can barely jump.

I'd like to come back, but not until there's some way around that roadblock.  Warframe is sinking rapidly in the rankings, so maybe rethinking that would be useful - all of the neat new stuff getting released?  People like me go, huh that'd be nice, but I will never see it because I can't do one forced quest with not-my-warframe, and then move on.

Not sure how you can't beat the Wolf, he isn't that hard. You mean to tell us that you can't shoot all the clones to find and interrupt the real one's healing section? Also, quit trying to play it like you're controlling a frame, there is no need for constant jumping during Wolf.

On 3/11/2023 at 2:00 PM, holyscapegoat said:

I would offer my assistance, as I was able to do all 3 of them (once I learned the "trick" to each of them), but I take it you've already looked at the wikis and tutorial videos etc and haven't had much luck.

Best suggestion I can give if you've already looked everything up is: be very VERY evasive, less aggressive than Warframe usually has you be. Especially against the ones that like to chase you and attack where you used to be. If you've ever played LoZ BotW, think fighting like Link. Your best defence is to not get hit at all. Eventually, doing that, you will take them down.

I would offer to sign in for you and do it for you, but frankly, I'd rather help you figure out how to do it yourself so that you get the trill of having succeeded. Plus, I don't want to know your login details. I'd rather not have that on my conscience.