Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate ranks earned, never need to sacrifice to obtain again?

SerpentBlack

Question

So I have been with one particular syndicate for quite some time, obtained all of what they have to offer, and one day I lost the top rank with this syndicate while trying to earn standing with another syndicate, that very moment I lost my rank with my original syndicate, I quickly got my standing back to meet up to obtaining my top rank with my original syndicate, I was expecting to have to repay the sacrifical price to get the top rank, usually something like a blueprint for a warframe part and alot of credits, but to my surprise, I didn't have to, in fact I actually just got my top rank back, I wondered from that day, was there a length of time that only allowed me to have done this? Or was there no time limit at all? I think this has always been my hang up on venturing to other syndicates because of these sacrifice prices needed to be paid, now that this was discovered, I don't have much of an answer, could anyone clarify this more for me?

Edited by SerpentBlack

12 answers to this question

1 minute ago, SerpentBlack said:

So I have been with one particular syndicate for quite some time, obtained all of what they have to offer, and one day I lost the top rank with this syndicate while trying to earn standing with another syndicate, that very moment I lost my rank with my original syndicate, I quickly got my standing back to meet up to obtaining my top rank with my original syndicate, I was expecting to have to repay the sacrifical price to get the top rank, usually something like a blueprint for a warframe part and alot of credits, but to my surprise, I didn't have to, in fact I actually just got my top rank back, I wondered from that day, was there a length of time that only allowed me to have done this? Or was there no time limit at all? I think this was always my hang up on venturing to other syndicates because of these sacrifice prices needed to be paid, now that this was been discovered, I don't have much of an answer, could anyone clarify this more for me?

You do not have to redo sacrifices for syndicates once you've done them once.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

You do not have to redo sacrifices for syndicates once you've done them once.

huh... I was always under the impression you did have to, was it changed at some point to make it not require more sacrifices or was it always like this?

Just now, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

AFAIK, it's always been that way, and I'm seeing no mention of that changing in the patch notes section on the wiki.

huh..... never actually bothered checking the wiki section for syndicates, always seemed straightforward to me

I have worked all syndicates to unlock the cool sculptures.   Here is what happened...

I max New Loka, Perrin, and Red Veil......  

I think I at one point worked on maxing out Steel Meridian and I could have swore New Loka and Perrin tanked into -2.  I THOUGHT I paid my way out of that -2 hole.  But that was a very long time ago and Im probably not remembering it right... 

Later on I decided to do Suda and Hex.  Again I tanked New Loka and Perrin.....   After I got the sculptures from suda/hex and was going to repair all my syndicates back to normal.....

I had to make sacrifices to New Loka and Perrin to get out of the negative....(something I thought I had done back when I worked on steel).   

After getting out of the negative New Loka and Perrin did not require any more sacrifices.....  

So either..... You have to sacriifice everytime you crawl out of a negative relationship or I just never had to that first time... didnt tank New Loka and Perrin as bad as I thought (which is highly unlikely considering I had to get to rank 4 in steel to get sculpture).   

So my money is on sacrifices every time you exit negative hole.  Bet all the positive ranks are free to get back if you already paid for them.  

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_

You need to sacrifice (i.e. forma, prime parts, etc) per-rank for every syndicate ONCE. The ranks are from -2, -1, 0, 1, 2,... max. When you pick your first syndicate (example: suda), you probably starts with rank 0 (noticed, you didn't have to do rank -2, -1). 

If you do another syndicate (for example, loka) later, you start from rank -2 since loka is suda's enemy.

After you maxed loka, and for some reason, you decided want to go back to suda again, you have to offer sacrifice again, but only for -2 to rank 0 (since you started from 0 first time). For 0 to max, you don't have to offer sacrifice.

2 hours ago, (XB1)x ARTaco x said:

thx for making it clear, awesome info to have. 

This is not true. You never have to make sacrifices you've made before. I have switched a a few times and ranked every Syndicate to the max. You sacrifice once. If you go negative on a Syndicate you had only been positive before, you'll have to pay to get out of the negatives, but then your climb is clear again. I think that might be a source of the confusion.

5 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

This is not true. You never have to make sacrifices you've made before. I have switched a a few times and ranked every Syndicate to the max. You sacrifice once. If you go negative on a Syndicate you had only been positive before, you'll have to pay to get out of the negatives, but then your climb is clear again. I think that might be a source of the confusion.

I've also been through all the Syndicate a couple of times to max rank and you are 100% correct, you only need to pay the first two red negative ranks, after that it's clear to rank up no more catalysts or warframe parts as an example.