The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentient Bow is Possible Now

(XBOX)HollowCube987

Our current bow lineup in warframe is HUGE. We have bows with mostly impact (Cernos), Punture (Paris), and Slash (Dread), a bow with innate Multishot (Cernos Prime),  a bow with above average damage and special mods for it (Daiku), A bow that has toxin clouds errupt from the point of impact (Mutalist Cernos), a bow with an innate Syndicate effect and the fastest charge speed (Rakta Cernos), and a bow with innate Arrow Mutation that makes an exploding snowglobe at the arrow's location (Lenz)

The new Kuva Lich weapons gave us the Kuva Bramma, which combines the clusterbombs of the Zarr and early detonation of the Kulstar. Seeing that the Grineer can properly use bows and snipers even though they are all pin cushions for defects and extra chromosomes, this means that anything is possible. That being said, there is a sentient bow floating aimlessly in the origin system, and I NEED to have one.

Getting the numbers out of the way,

Ammo Type: Bow (But it doesn't matter)

Noise Level: Alarming

Fire Rate: 1.0 round per sec

Magazine Size: 1 round per mag

Max Ammo: 3

Reload Time (With Ammo): 0.5 sec

Reload Time (Without Ammo): 4.0 sec

Disposition:

Charged Shot

150.0 impact   150.0 electricity

Total Damage: 300.0

Charge time: 0.8 s

Crit Chance: 40%

Crit Damage: 2.3x

Status Chance: 10%

Accuracy: 16.67

Arrow Shrapnel

150.0 puncture 150.0 slash 

Crit Chance: 10%

Crit Damage: 1.7x

Status Chance: 40%

Accuracy: 2.0

Damage Falloff: (full damage at at 14m)(minimum damage at 28m) (85% Damage falloff)

The function behind the bow is ingenious. You are required to charge the bow fully in order to fire the crit based spectral arrow that has impact and electricity. Upon hitting an enemy or a physical surface, the arrow shatters, spraying innacurate slash and puncture shrapnel with a high chance of dealing status effects.

Pros about the weapon:

Now that I think of it, this is just the combination of the Astilla and an uncharted Dragoon shot

Regenerates it's own ammo

Full IPS with Innate Electricity

Average Charge time

The arrow has high Crit Chance and above average Crit multiplier

The shrapnel has high Status chance

If the arrow detonated on an enemy, the shrapnell has enough punch through to go through them.

If the arrow detonated on terrain, the shrapnell will ricochet, like a laser pointer hitting a mirror

Cons about the weapon

ALL ammo must be spent before the bow regenerates more

Slow Ammo Recharge speed

Arrow has low status chance

Shrapnell has low crit chance and below average multiplier

Shrapnell has extreme spread and heavy damage falloff, limiting it's use to close range only

personally I prefer the idea of a Laser bow: you loose an Arrow, and the bow itself then follows up by emitting a laserbeam that strikes where the arrow landed for a couple of seconds, incinerating whatever it hits, the arrow deals some puncture damage, then the laser deals very high radiation and heat damage. it essentially works like the Lenz, being a two-stage effect, but no risk of self dam,age and still being a precision weapon. even if the target is moving, as long as the arrow hits, the laser homes in to the arrow anyway, so it is much easier to use against moving targets than regular bows.

I feel something like this is more in-keeping with the Sentient's penchant for energy weapons. an alternative could be an arrow that after firing, turns into a BFG-style orb that travels at a particular speed and emits lightning in all directions that immobilizes and damages enemies. either way, I think a Sentient bow would be sweet, and it would no doubt look awesome!

• Like 4

On 2020-02-13 at 1:58 AM, TheGodofWiFi said:

Just a quick qustion; why would the Sentients have a bow? It's not like they use conventional weaponry.

Ummm, you do know that sentients do not use weapons period right? They ARE weapons. The sentient weapons are created from the sentients to be used either against the sentients or other factions. Kind of like Monster Hunter. 

On 2020-02-12 at 2:11 PM, (XB1)HollowCube987 said:

Our current bow lineup in warframe is HUGE. We have bows with mostly impact (Cernos), Punture (Paris), and Slash (Dread), a bow with innate Multishot (Cernos Prime),  a bow with above average damage and special mods for it (Daiku), A bow that has toxin clouds errupt from the point of impact (Mutalist Cernos), a bow with an innate Syndicate effect and the fastest charge speed (Rakta Cernos), and a bow with innate Arrow Mutation that makes an exploding snowglobe at the arrow's location (Lenz)

The new Kuva Lich weapons gave us the Kuva Bramma, which combines the clusterbombs of the Zarr and early detonation of the Kulstar. Seeing that the Grineer can properly use bows and snipers even though they are all pin cushions for defects and extra chromosomes, this means that anything is possible. That being said, there is a sentient bow floating aimlessly in the origin system, and I NEED to have one.

Getting the numbers out of the way,

Ammo Type: Bow (But it doesn't matter)

Noise Level: Alarming

Fire Rate: 1.0 round per sec

Magazine Size: 1 round per mag

Max Ammo: 3

Reload Time (With Ammo): 0.5 sec

Reload Time (Without Ammo): 4.0 sec

Disposition:

Charged Shot

150.0 impact   150.0 electricity

Charge time: 0.8 s

Crit Chance: 40%

Crit Damage: 2.3x

Status Chance: 10%

Accuracy: 16.67

Arrow Shrapnel

150.0 puncture 150.0 slash 

Crit Chance: 10%

Crit Damage: 1.7x

Status Chance: 40%

Accuracy: 2.0

Damage Falloff: (full damage at at 14m)(minimum damage at 28m) (85% Damage falloff)

The function behind the bow is ingenious. You are required to charge the bow fully in order to fire the crit based spectral arrow that has impact and electricity. Upon hitting an enemy or a physical surface, the arrow shatters, spraying innacurate slash and puncture shrapnel with a high chance of dealing status effects.

Pros about the weapon:

Now that I think of it, this is just the combination of the Astilla and an uncharted Dragoon shot

Regenerates it's own ammo

Full IPS with Innate Electricity

Average Charge time

The arrow has high Crit Chance and above average Crit multiplier

The shrapnel has high Status chance

If the arrow detonated on an enemy, the shrapnell has enough punch through to go through them.

If the arrow detonated on terrain, the shrapnell will ricochet, like a laser pointer hitting a mirror

Cons about the weapon

ALL ammo must be spent before the bow regenerates more

Slow Ammo Recharge speed

Arrow has low status chance

Shrapnell has low crit chance and below average multiplier

Shrapnell has extreme spread and heavy damage falloff, limiting it's use to close range only

Definitely see a sentient bow. Kind of imagining one that inflicts damaged based on enemy weaknesses. That or it simply bypasses their immunity/resistances. 

On 2020-02-15 at 5:50 PM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Ummm, you do know that sentients do not use weapons period right? They ARE weapons. The sentient weapons are created from the sentients to be used either against the sentients or other factions. Kind of like Monster Hunter. 

You've misunderstood my post. I know the Sentients are weapons themselves, which is why I said they do not use conventional weaponry, since they obviously have no need.

2 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

You've misunderstood my post. I know the Sentients are weapons themselves, which is why I said they do not use conventional weaponry, since they obviously have no need.

You asked why would they have a bow. When the bow is not for sentients. That’s like asking why a Rathalos would need a Rathalos sword in Monster Hunter: World. 

• 1 year later...

My original post from before didn't age well in my eyes, so I apologize for showing my 8 malnourished brain cells to the forums for over a year. But now that I have quit my addiction of mistaking red paint chips for doritos, I'm ready to talk about sentient bows again.

In terms of weapon lore, the bow would not be made for sentients because the sentients themselves are weapons. A better alternative would to have the bow be made out of sentient body parts (amps), or be made combining another faction's weapon know-how with Tau Tech (Komorex) In terms of functionality, I think a cool weapon concept would be using a priming system similar to the Ticuu's Divination from Destiny 2.

Upon firing an uncharged shot, the arrow would stick to enemies or surfaces. Each arrow primes the enemy they hit, and releases 2-3 wisps (regardless of where they land) that seek out other enemies to prime them too. Headshots with this firing mode will explode in a 5-8 meter radius, priming everyone in the blast.

Upon fully charging a shot, a hitscan laser (or high velocity shot with no projectile drop) will be launched instead of a conventional arrow or bolt. Upon hitting an unprimed enemy, the shot will do average damage similar to an paris or paris prime. However, hitting a primed enemy will make the damage done from the shot chain between all marked enemies within range. (Ex. Hitting a marked infested runner with a charged 345 damage shot would deal 345 damage to all marked enemies in range). Upon killing an marked enemy with a charged shot, any overkill damage would be added to the chaining effect (Ex. Killing a marked infested runner having only 100 remaining HP with a charged 345 damage shot would deal 545 damage to all marked enemies in range).

Having a weapon like this would change the way players use bows. They would have to aim their shots well in order to mark targets and maximize their damage. And most importantly, it would break the monotony that the Bramma promotes of "Pull back string, Release extinction ball, Now serving next in line."