Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FPS Drops, Stutters, Cursor Latency and General Lag Inside Orbiter

Flex238

I don't know what changed with the last couple updates, but the performance of the game has tanked considerably. Inside my Orbiter I regularly experience frame rate drops, freezes and stuttering. When using menus there is noticeable input lag with the cursor to a point where I'm constantly clicking on the wrong menu item. I don't know how it's possible, but the game seems to run worse inside my Orbiter then out in a mission.

• Like 20

Same for me. I have 144fps (144hz refresh monitor) on Orbiter, tanks to 90 then back to 144 every min or so, maybe less. Especially noticeble when in the arsenal and only started occuring since the last hotfix...

On 2020-02-20 at 1:19 AM, Matheoryon said:

Its not just orbitor if I recall.

It's also while board the Railjack not in mission (same issue as the Orbiter) while opening the Tactical menu in a mission causes lag and stuttering.

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase
  • Like 2

On 2020-02-19 at 6:43 PM, Flex238 said:

the game seems to run worse inside my Orbiter then out in a mission

How many items in your foundry are ready to claim?
There is an old bug where too many ready to claim might drop FPS in Orbiter and Relay. The login screen and missions will stay as high FPS.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1136164-high-count-of-unclaimed-foundry-items-causes-very-bad-performance-in-liset-hubs/

10 hours ago, Matheoryon said:

P.O.E is doing this but only far worse going from 72 to 144 with a very nauseating stutter in between. the only cure for it is literally turning off vsync.

Switchable / hybrid graphics (render GPU on PCI-E GPU, output on integrated GPU) is the way to go with Vsync on.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1159245-vsync-smooth-afr-glitch/
Triple buffer in game option may also work, but too bad this option is missing from Warframe and is always only double buffering. Can't force triple buffering on, except by using switchable graphics then it behaves like triple buffering Vsync.

If unsure how triple buffering works, there are videos that shows how that works. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=triple+buffering

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sam686 said:

There is an old bug where too many ready to claim might drop FPS in Orbiter and Relay. The login screen and missions will stay as high FPS.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1136164-high-count-of-unclaimed-foundry-items-causes-very-bad-performance-in-liset-hubs/

Switchable / hybrid graphics (render GPU on PCI-E GPU, output on integrated GPU) is the way to go with Vsync on.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1159245-vsync-smooth-afr-glitch/
Triple buffer in game option may also work, but too bad this option is missing from Warframe and is always only double buffering. Can't force triple buffering on, except by using switchable graphics then it behaves like triple buffering Vsync.

If unsure how triple buffering works, there are videos that shows how that works. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=triple+buffering

The last few updates did something to screw with optimized flip. It works in the rest of the game just, but it doesnt work anymore on POE. Fast sync works, but its kind of hard to look at in another way. Turn off Optimization flip if you want smoothness with vsync, or turn off vsync if you want fps.

I dont spend enough time on the vallis to remember, but from what I have done recently, it all appears the same as with poe.

Edited by Matheoryon
  • Like 2

On 2020-02-22 at 6:13 AM, sam686 said:

I'm MR 28, I don't build much of anything these days, maybe a forma here and there. This lag is a recent addition, it must have been introduced within the last couple patches because I've never noticed it before a few weeks ago.

On 2020-02-21 at 7:29 PM, Matheoryon said:

Not that its new, but P.O.E is doing this but only far worse going from 72 to 144 with a very nauseating stutter in between. the only cure for it is literally turning off vsync.

I've tried turning vsync off/on and changing other settings and nothing gets rid of it. It comes and goes like every 30-60 seconds and when it hits my frames drop below 60fps.

Edited by Flex238
  • Like 1

i have witnessed (and not alone) similar behavior, basically hosting a mission causes massive lag for host(only if there's other players in same mission) i found some interesting data in the log file
"4171.470 Net [Error]: Discarding packet with invalid signature from: XXXXXXXXXXX"
got many of these, suggesting the netcode between host and client is broken
host would have around 1-3 fps 95% of the time while other players in some cases experienced massive enemy teleportation, both normal missions and railjack.

4 hours ago, Flex238 said:

I've tried turning vsync off/on and changing other settings and nothing gets rid of it. It comes and goes like every 30-60 seconds and when it hits my frames drop below 60fps.

Next thing to do is to turn off optimization flip. Or have you done that along with this?

• Like 1

I can agree I am now noticing very micro stutters on board the Orbiter while shuffling through various menus. It seems to happen upon opening and closing the menus for me. Particularly Arsenal and Navigation. The stuttering for me at least is minor and it doesn't show frames dropping when it happens. I thought it was my hardware which is why I came through to see in the forum if others are having the same thing occur seems so so I'm glad it isn't just me.

-February 24, 2020

• Like 1

then we are in agreement.
sure would be nice if devs would add a comment to any topic with a status like "we are looking into this"    "Did you try X?"   instead of just hoping they read it.
i have been considering for a while now to try and recruit and assemble a group who gathers and make a comprehensive list of bugs.
because using a forum with nobody stitching together a master list of registered bugs is cancer.

• Like 1

Wow i'm a new comer to warframe (really love it so far ^^) i got this fps drop in   when i play around in my ship (it's the orbiter i guess ?), playing with my dogo / customising ship / messin with my arsenal, even just doing nothing my fps drop to 150 => 40-60 for a second like a big stutter.

Btw everything is smooth when doin mission, happy to not be alone ^^

(for info my rig is: 6700k / 16go Ram / installed on SSD / RTX 2080S / nothing strange running in background / every drivers up to date / win10 pr)

Edited by Leihjir
  • Like 1