The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Rework, and opinions on it.

(PSN)grayscale358

31 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

One of the issues I have with him is remembering to apply Thrall on enemies effected by Mesmer Skin so I dont waste energy.

Would be better if we were to merge those two powers and make a new 1st?

You mean enemies who shoot you automatically become Enthralled? Good idea, but DE might think it a little too overpowered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)reidy35 said:

I boosted Danse. My build isn't top tier and I won't claim it as such. Simulacrum was to get enemies at a decent testing level, 110. I'll go for a classic 8 spawn tomorrow and test that, though I feel like Rev'll get blown up pretty fast.

And Danse is a lot better against groups, I can't argue there. However Reave does have a lot more potential than Danse in damage, because there is a point where Danse will become useless compared to a straight percentile decrease of enemy health. That point is absurdly high however, and if I scanned enough Sentients I'd use them to demonstrate Danse's eventual fall off compared to Reave.

By the time Danse becomes useless you’re better off using Mesa or Saryn then you scale further than Revenant, and by the time they fall off you’ve likely already spend 3 hours in the survival and should probably take a break.

Thats the problem with Reave. You have to wait for every other damage option to become unoptimal for it to become a viable choice. And with the upcoming armor changes that time before being useful is going to increase significantly.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

1 hour ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

@SneakyErvin @(PS4)reidy35 Stop indulging him guys. He just wants attention.

Ervin, you spent near ten pages arguing with him in a previous thread and got nowhere. Don’t bother getting into that again on this thread. Its not worth it.

Oh look at captain righteous over here.

”No, you can’t argue with Gears, that’s illegal”.

51 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Playing the game. I lost 28 charges in less than 30 seconds.

Maybe you should try and kill the enemy or move around a little like you are supposed to do in the game?

I run 13 charges and in survival missions I tend to recast MS 1-2 times per rotation, it kinda depends how much I utilize enthrall+reave aswell. In infested missions I practically never recast it. And this is when running full head on yolo melee.

You must be doing something wrong.

41 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Maybe you should try and kill the enemy or move around a little like you are supposed to do in the game?

I run 13 charges and in survival missions I tend to recast MS 1-2 times per rotation, it kinda depends how much I utilize enthrall+reave aswell. In infested missions I practically never recast it. And this is when running full head on yolo melee.

You must be doing something wrong.

What do you think playing the game implies.

Also, you can’t say Mesmer Skin is a good tank ability if 90% of the time you’re using Reave.

Thats like a Wukong player claiming Defy is an amazing tank ability, but they spend all their time in cloudwalker.

vor 50 Minuten schrieb (XB1)GearsMatrix301:

Also, you can’t say Mesmer Skin is a good tank ability if 90% of the time you’re using Reave.

Thats like a Wukong player claiming Defy is an amazing tank ability, but they spend all their time in cloudwalker.

Or thinking to know how Rev should work, maybe you just want another 90%DR 4 Win Frame. 

F off with those stupid ideas. 

Rev is fine as he is. 

He is one of the most balanced and also one of the most broken frames at the same time. 

Rework Nyx Grendel and Gaiss first cuz they rly suck in comparison to Rev. 

Or maybe learn to mod and parkour.... I did a whole Mot Arbi for 6h straight and recasted Mesmer 8 times while that. 

27 minutes ago, The_CMD_Shepard said:

Or thinking to know how Rev should work, maybe you just want another 90%DR 4 Win Frame. 

F off with those stupid ideas. 

Rev is fine as he is. 

He is one of the most balanced and also one of the most broken frames at the same time. 

Rework Nyx Grendel and Gaiss first cuz they rly suck in comparison to Rev. 

Or maybe learn to mod and parkour.... I did a whole Mot Arbi for 6h straight and recasted Mesmer 8 times while that. 

Ok now you’re just straight up trolling.

I don’t want Revenant to be another press 4 to win frame, he’s literally already that because his other 3 abilities are garbage.

Revenant is the furtherest thing from balanced as you can get. He doesn’t work. His synergies are put on abilities that were never designed with the intention of having them work together and it’s painfully obvious.

Gauss is god tier I don’t know why you would ever want him reworked. Like he’s honestly the best frame that’s come out in the last 2 years.

Grendels good. Could use some QoL, a buff to his 3 and a fix to his 1s scaling energy drain.

Nyx needs a rework just as badly as Revenant. They’re both awful frames.

Again, if you’re just spamming Reave then Mesmer Skin isn’t the ability that’s actually tanking, now is it? And it doesn’t matter if the 1/3 synergy is used for record setting endurance runs if it’s literally impractical everywhere else in the game, because again, there’s no reason to go beyond 2 hours in a survival.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Who said anything about using reave 90% of the time? Now you are just silly and making up numbers.

As I said, you must be doing something wrong. Losing 28 stacks in less than 30 sec should not happen if you play him right. They should last you atleast a good 5 minutes without doing anything to keep them up, except avoiding pointless damage like every other frame does.

And I saw you say that 1+3 is impractical outside of record setting endurance, well no the combo isnt. It is a massive QoL for liches as I've said previously, since you can skip tailoring a kit for each lich, you simply bring Rev and done. It is so good that you can litterally do it with an unformad non-potatoed Rev. And in other content it works well too if you go down that route since you can enthrall heavy units as you approach then reave over them. Works wonder versus sentients aswell and it works on most bosses too.

edit: Funny thing is, I barely use his #4 even though I've built towards it. And yet you claim it is his only worthwhile skill. I use him as a durable melee frame with a side dish of control and movement.

Edited by SneakyErvin

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

Who said anything about using reave 90% of the time? Now you are just silly and making up numbers.

As I said, you must be doing something wrong. Losing 28 stacks in less than 30 sec should not happen if you play him right. They should last you atleast a good 5 minutes without doing anything to keep them up, except avoiding pointless damage like every other frame does.

And I saw you say that 1+3 is impractical outside of record setting endurance, well no the combo isnt. It is a massive QoL for liches as I've said previously, since you can skip tailoring a kit for each lich, you simply bring Rev and done. It is so good that you can litterally do it with an unformad non-potatoed Rev. And in other content it works well too if you go down that route since you can enthrall heavy units as you approach then reave over them. Works wonder versus sentients aswell and it works on most bosses too.

Well using Reave a lot is the only logical way your Mesmer charges wouldn’t drop quickly. 

I’ve killed liches without changing my builds. So I still don’t see why I should use Revenant when my Gauss and Corrosive Gram provide more than enough damage.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well using Reave a lot is the only logical way your Mesmer charges wouldn’t drop quickly. 

I’ve killed liches without changing my builds. So I still don’t see why I should use Revenant when my Gauss and Corrosive Gram provide more than enough damage.

No really, it isnt. It is a simple L2P issue.

"More than enough damage" isnt the same as the most efficient damage. Rev simply brings optimal damage without needing to mod or build for it when it comes to liches. I used to run a corrosive crit setup aswell, but it is pointless when something else can do it much quicker and safer. Now I simply use my regular Rev loadout, with my good old viral slash melee to mow down the trash and then rev himself for the lich. The only thing I change at times is my melee, depending if it is a tonfa day or something else.

edit: I'm also not saying you shouldnt play anything else. If you dont enjoy Rev, but do enjoy Gauss, then obviously use Gauss. I'm mearly saying Rev isnt nearly as bad as you think (with your obviously very limited experience with him).

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1

He is still too arrogant to understand that he is the problem himself lmao. 

Revs 1-3 sucks? 

So does Gauss whole kit, no synergy and it just sucks cuz its not even beeing close to his lore. 

The only good thing is his Fire ring, the other abilities suck cuz enemies can still kill you even with 100%DR (looking at you Grenade.) 

While Gauss dies, Rev laughs about the grenade and goes on to kill the enemies while they are stunned lmao. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_CMD_Shepard said:

Revs 1-3 sucks? 

So does Gauss whole kit, no synergy and it just sucks cuz its not even beeing close to his lore. 

The only good thing is his Fire ring, the other abilities suck cuz enemies can still kill you even with 100%DR (looking at you Grenade.) 

While Gauss dies, Rev laughs about the grenade and goes on to kill the enemies while they are stunned lmao. 

Image result for curious is the trap makers art

23 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

No really, it isnt. It is a simple L2P issue.

"More than enough damage" isnt the same as the most efficient damage. Rev simply brings optimal damage without needing to mod or build for it when it comes to liches. I used to run a corrosive crit setup aswell, but it is pointless when something else can do it much quicker and safer. Now I simply use my regular Rev loadout, with my good old viral slash melee to mow down the trash and then rev himself for the lich. The only thing I change at times is my melee, depending if it is a tonfa day or something else.

edit: I'm also not saying you shouldnt play anything else. If you dont enjoy Rev, but do enjoy Gauss, then obviously use Gauss. I'm mearly saying Rev isnt nearly as bad as you think (with your obviously very limited experience with him).

Funny how you’re telling me that I need to learn to play Revenant when I’m telling you to learn how to use self damage weapons. And yet somehow I’m in the wrong.

also, please find a better comeback than “You just don’t know how to use him”. It’s laughable that people like you think that even holds ground anymore.

again, liches are a very small and rather insignificant part of the game, being effective at killing them doesn’t make Revenant better at other content.

20 minutes ago, The_CMD_Shepard said:

Revs 1-3 sucks? 

Gauss’s whole backstory just involves him running across a minefield and into a fortress at blazing fast speeds. And he has an ability that involves running very fast. So his theme aligns with his lore.

Gauss’s entire kit has synergy. Sure 1 or 2 things lackluster like Kinetic playing giving his 1 Slash procs, but a large percent of it works incredibly well. Unlike Revenant who constantly stumbles over himself, Gauss has no mechanics that contradict each other.

Gauss should be immune to explosives at 100% DR because he’s immune to blast damage then. So don’t know why you’re saying a grenade can kill him.

Also it’s funny how you say he has no synergy when his 100% DR is achieved through his 4 synergizing with his 2.

If you’re still dying with Gauss I recommend using Adaptation.

14 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Playing the game. I lost 28 charges in less than 30 seconds.

That... how... what...? Is Mesmer all you're using? What? That requires either a group of 28 enemies, or a build with the least duration you can manage. Which is a bad idea because Reave, Danse and Enthrall all benefit from duration. What build are you using on Rev? Seriously, I'm curious how you can manage that when you should be constantly moving.

引用

albeit with a much smaller range and an appearance similar to the 'blood' that leaks from Eidolon Synovias

blood ONLY appear when Eidolon is damaged NOT SKILL  ,but that change for passive maybe more reasonable.

2020/2/21 PM11点09分 , (PS4)reidy35 说:

Mesmer skin, should stay as it is, aside from one small change: Mesmer skin will no longer be recastable, but, you will gain 90% damage reduction to the damage types you were struck by during Mesmer skin. The damage reduction will be capped at 90%, and will last a total of 10 seconds. This is ample time to recast mesmer skin, and possibly reave a group of enemies

Why do i need to wast a skill to replace [Adapation] mod anyway?

And pls play it for real for a while,and you'll found that only get 12 charges at 200 Strength,and that 12 charges  may loose in seconds 

sometimes bearly able to recharge under [Rolling Guard] protection

Edited by Shawm.Teamkiller

29 minutes ago, Shawm.Teamkiller said:

And pls play it for real for a while,and you'll found that only get 12 charges at 200 Strength,and that 12 charges  may loose in seconds 

sometimes bearly able to recharge under [Rolling Guard] protection

Or, you use your free cast of your one and suddenly aren't being shot at? I play a lot of Rev, and you can't sit still. You need to be actively playing the game.

5分钟前 , (PS4)reidy35 说:

Or, you use your free cast of your one and suddenly aren't being shot at? I play a lot of Rev, and you can't sit still. You need to be actively playing the game.

I was facing lots of Heavy Gunners and Napalms at that time,can't be more active bro.

Edited by Shawm.Teamkiller