Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Erebus

One of the vife firstbeings of exitences,

Born out of chaos,

Erebus,

God of darkness

Erebus will wait for those who can not find the light,

For those who have lost there Hope, Fate and Love.

Lore:
After the Betrayel from Lotus, the childeren lost their mother.

Many tenno could not handle this situation and where cought into a mental breakdown causing them to fall in a deep dark hole of wrath.

In this horrible situation they found Erebus.

The Tenno and Erebus formed together a pact of hate and pain. The abandoned Tenno could this way feel the joy of life by killing those they hate.

In this pact the Tenno are not the only beneficiaries, because Erebus needs the tenno aswell, as a host.

Erebus will only be seen as a flickering cloud that is always expanding out of pure darkness.

The faces of lost souls are visible in the vortext movement of the cloud, this is an insight of the deep dark world where there is no light, only shadows.

But when Erbus has found a host who he can consume, without killing it, then he can descent into his human-like form.

Then he can move, touch, fight, slaughter and plant seeds of hate into the universe to expand his ever expanding kingdom of darkness.

Hoping he will live once more and find the long forgotten love he never has felt.

Stats:(You did not asked for it, but for more clarity and to just share some ideas)

Passive: Erebus can not die in his (normal) cloud form, he does not have health or shield, he is invunerable in this condition. But he can not use warfame weapons, operator abbilities (when in operatotor mode), nor can he have any interaction (Hacking, Support capsules, etc.). He is however not invinsble so enemies will alarm and try to attack him. Companions and sentinels can be activated and are not invunerable.

(Running speed: 1.15, energy 100 (175 at level 30))

1th Abbility; Bended reality: (Cost: 25 energy) Thanks to the Tenno, Erebus can transform from a cloud into a human-like form. In this form he can fight, use warframe weapons and have interactions (see passive). You can use all operator functions when in this state, the operator wil have: 200% more damage from weapons but the abbilities cost 200% more energy to use (voiddash, etc.). His stats are in human like form: Shields: 25 (40 at level 30); Health: 50 (120 at level 30); Energy: 100 (175 at level 30); Armor: 80 (160 at level 30); Running speed: 1.10. When he is in his human-like form he can die when his hp hits 0, I levelled his hp, shield and armor comparing to his passive, to make it more fair in comparison with other warframes. To make it even more fair this abbilitie has a cooldown time of 3 minutes, which can be lowerd by duration mods max till 2 min.

2th Abbility; Consume: (Cost: 50 energy) Erebus shoots 1 (2 at level 30) flickering black bolt out of him when it hits a target it will fight for 2 sec (5 sec at level 30) at his side. After the second it will vaporize into a glitching smoke, it will drop the dubble amount of loot.

3th Abbility; Shapeshifter: (Cost: 50 energy) Erebus can take over (control) enemies of all faction (not sentient or bosses) and alies like syndicate alieas or alies you spawned yourself (Clem) with this abbilitie. Other players warframe and kuva liches can't get controlled. When you pick a target, you can use their weapons and you get their stats for unlimited time until u are killed by other enemies or when u leave that body. When controlling an enemey or ally body you can pick up resources like normal, but you can not use your other warfarme abbilities. When killed you go back to your last form (Human-like form (1th abbilitie) or cloud form (passive)) and all exces energy will deplete in 5 seconds (this wont be modiefied, this amount of time will give you an oppertunity to change back to your passive, when u had engough energy and the cooldown of the first abbility is over when you are quick enough. You can leave a body before (when not killed) by pressing again 3th ability when no target is in crosshair or when you pick a new target. When leaving the body you also transform into your last form like when you are killed but, your energy won't be hurt and the target you had taken over will suffer from a  slash status of 125 (450 damage at level 30) damage for 3 second (5 sec at level 30). You can pick tragets in a range of 6 meters (12meters at level 30).

4th Abbility; Endless conncetion: (Cost: 25 energy) Erebus will shoot out 7 (15 at level 30) black discs horizontaly random in a range of 10m (20m at level 20) in a 65 degree radius (135 degree at level 30). At there random location they will stop and rotate vertically. Those discs will last 6s (12s at level 30), when melee is used in these seconds the melee weapon will show up half through the disc, when you are striking with your sword, dagger, etc. (or shoot for gunblades). Those strikes and shots wil also come out through the blackdiscs and hit everything what is in range of the discs (1.0 range+ melee weapon range). Those hits are exactly the same as the combos you are making on that exact same moment. Note: It could be a signature weapon when rules are a bit alterted.

Look:

Because I am not that profesional (yet) at artwork and/or design of character looks, I will describe my toughts about his look and mabey I will add some drawings later. Erebus will be, as said earlier, a dark cloud like thing that glitches a bit in a way like the rift of limbo but with harder edges and the cloud will have an endless rotation (like a screw/vortex rotation). In the cloud there will be shadows from grineer/corpus head visible or just normal people (syndicate people just as in relays). In his humanform he is still ''flickering'' but I do not have a full picture from him yet. Mabey a bit like ''death gun'' from the anime series Sword art online.  Would be nice when using Erebus the operator will also have a bit appearence change there eyes are brighter or darker and there are thick red veins in the face of the operator.

Note, my toughts about my idea:

I would like to play a dark type of warframe that maybe could copycat and/or takeover the enemey. After some thinking I tought it would be cool if we also could play as one of the most favourite community character of warfarme; CLEM! Because his 2th abbilitie makes it possible to also contol him.

I tought that the lore about the betrayel of lotus would fit perfect in the theme of the upcoming new war.

Erebus is inspired by the greek mythology: Wikipedia.org; ''In Greek mythology, Erebus /ˈɛrɪbəs/,[1] also Erebos (Ancient Greek: Ἔρεβος, Érebos, "deep darkness, shadow"[2] or "covered"[3]), was often conceived as a primordial deity, representing the personification of darkness; for instance, Hesiod's Theogony identifies him as one of the first five beings in existence, born of Chaos.[4]'''

Remaining abbilities:

The following abbilities I also imagined but I think they would fit for Erbebus but are less orginal in my oppinion;

Remaining Abbility 1: Sucks enemies into himself what makes them detonate with blast damage in a 5 m radius (10 at level 30).

Remaining Abbillity 2: It will create pulses around Erebus that will inflict blast/slash status on enemies with 150 damage (450 at level 30). This will be an ongoing abbility.

First thank you for reading all the way down! These where my toughts, I hope you liked my ideas.

I think it would be cool to have a warframe that is almost like Two-Face from Batman, with it being half corrupted and half normal (or possibly corpus/grineer.) The backstory would be something along the lines of "The Corpus/Grineer attempted to create a Warframe to combat the Tenno (or it could just be a normal Warframe created by the orokin) and in the creation, something something Void happened and corrupted half of the warframe." (obviously this is not the actual backstory as it is subject to change) but it would almost be in a state of perpetual agony because of it's condition, leading it to have very aggressive abilities, and possibly some ability that can give the void reactant buff to allies. I haven't thought of a name which isn't necessary yet, but something like Oddi (from my google search, its the old norse word that odd originated from, similar to Hildryn being Hildr) would be neat.

As for a general theme, i'd like to see a nanotechnology based frame.

Only this time, not really a frame like traditionally has been, i think it would be refreshing to see a "frame" that was completely different from all others.

My idea would be something like a cloud, maybe something like a kuva cloud, that floats around and could do many things a normal warframe would never be able to do.

Because the cloud would be it's normal state, it would be able to bypass laser barriers.

Due to nanotechnology it could "absorb" the operator, thus no need for the traditional format.

In terms of abilities, it could use nanotechnology to attach itself to a teammate to buff it / heal,

or attach itself to an enemy to mess with it's systems potentially kill it / control it.

Bosses would be more resistant to it, but would otherwise suffer too with debuffs.

Also could work as a frame more directed to railjack, being able to repair the ship without the omni tool.

One ability could be to expand itself very quickly, doing a bomb effect, or just expand to do area of damage effect.

Could maybe attach to enemies and compress itself, killing the enemy and creating a singularity that would explode after some time.

Because of it being high tech, one ability could be to auto target a enemies in an area, because it uses neural networks.

This new frame could show up in one trip in a railjack, as a friendly entity seeking refuge from a distant galaxy.

a wraith in the shadows terror in the night a warrior forgotten in the endless blood shed  of the origin system slain and ripped to pieces but returned to life by determination to avenge their own death becoming the nightmare of both its enemies and allies.

What about a female Warframe capable of drifting in the shadows

I call it Luna

Her passive would be like ivara's where any camera cannot see you nor lasers sending you

Her first ability would be drift

She turns into a shadow terrifying her enemies and passing threw the will blind them

Moon sap will give you your health back along with your allies and give them an aura to heal others outside her range

Plantation will emmit dark spores around the area blinding anyone it touches

Don't you love a red light tenno

Blood moon will turn Luna into a dark being known as Sombra into a being of moonlit blood, anyone touched or damage from her will give fatal blast damage, when complete you will emmit a blast of pure dark energy once again blinding you enemies and possibly putting an end to them

The moon will either light the way or send you into the shadows of the void, ready tenno

A “Master of the Elements” frame that controls Heat, Cold, and Electricity unlike any other. Instead of casting an ability, their first 3 skills adds either Heat, Cold, or Electricity to a meter that, when their 4th skill is used, casts a unique ability based on the combination of elements. They could also gain buffs based on the elements stored in the meter.

Malta, the executioner warframe.

Executioners in medieval were generally social pariahs due to their association with the dead. They were generally very intellegent and most could actually read and write. They had to be skilled in anatomy due to the nature of their job, and some executions "needing" to take longer for the most heinous Criminals. Also they were very skilled in maintainence of their tools because if a tool failed and resulted in a botched execution, not only could the executioner be punished by the local lord and the people, but the condemned, if they survived, could be set free as a sign from god. Contrary to popular belief beheading wasn't the most common form of execution and was usually reserved for nobles and titled people. When needed Executioners had a special sword, kept under lock and key to prevent tampering, that was weighted and had a squared off tip. As big of a social outcast they were, executioners could, and quite often did, put on a bit of a show for the people, and could stir the crowd into a bloodthirsty frenzy.

Been thinking about a sort of insect hivemind/swarm type of frame. Unsure of name currently, but thinking Alveare. 

Lore: abandoned long ago deep in the forests/jungles of Earth, Alveare cultivated a swarm within her body while in a cryopod. Acting as both the hive and queen, she reign fear and terror into the grineer should they enter her territory.

Frame Theme: Loneliness

Possible Name: Solitaire

Very Bad and Entirely Stupid Pitch: The concept here is a frame that does not want to be alone, but is, and actually manages to benefit from this despite being really bummed out about it at all times. He's like an attention seeking missile (totally a power name right there) who tries to get noticed, by being loud and needy, but in doing so just makes everyone around him so uncomfortable that they have no choice but to ignore him entirely, pretend like they can't see him... which renders him effectively invisible. Super ninja stealth achieved. Kind of. He'll frequently engage in bizarre and unwanted social interactions that repel others, for potential crowd control or similar beneficial effects... Hugging, for example. By initiating a Hug, enemies that see it coming become horrified and flee, and those that become ensnared become paralyzed due to severe social awkwardness. He will also have grotesquely long arms, partly for the hugs, partly to repel others from his horrific appearance, but mostly to enable his passive ability to open friendship doors... all by himself 😢

My idea is of a frame named Odyssey, The Story Teller. He would have the ability to shape reality with script from his book. Be with abilities that are visualized as lines of script flying trough the air. I even had a full build idea for it.

Here's the document for it:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/179zAdkd8Q0BqLBtEW1rawNGX3BecfHgFhb5dIUrdIhg/edit?usp=sharing

I like what you put up with eornharts design my idea would be a mush of a few frames concepts now being ps4 my first ability R1 X would be a fireball that isso cold it burns.R1  O would be a kind of slime that renders confusion and inability to hold weapons. R1 square enemies would be held up and strangled by a tentacle and the health taken would be dropped like ink blots on ground allies can slide in it to get health back. R1 triangle would be a two weapons a primary trident that shoots inate corrosive lightning bolts and the second nikana and tomohawk mellee combo. Passive being the frame spitting ink and sliding to make a faster escape when low on health Name Cthulha

Too many pages before this post and what I suggest is pretty classic so I don't know if this gonna be a first but here goes: 

Shadows/Darkness or simply the absence of light. I also read one in the early pages something about calligraphy, I like that too but maybe less calligraphy and more black ink. 

Basically, I want a black frame and hopefully DE could see it as an opportunity to finally change how black/dark colors work in energy

A shapeshifting warframe
I was thinking of like equinox, but instead of switching between day and night form, you switch between animal and warframe form, both with different abilities

If, that is only if possible, (if it's not too much to work with) you can choose between 3 different animal forms, but they each only possess one ability and same goes for the warframe form

23 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Community-Created-Warframe-Header-alt-blue.jpg

We’re calling upon the Warframe community to create the next Warframe! You can stay up-to-date on the design phases in the official Community-Designed Warframe thread.

The theme is the foundation of every Warframe’s design. Over the years, we have seen countless fantastic ideas in the Fan Concepts subforum and across the Internet. That creativity is what we’ll need to breathe life into this Warframe! Share with us a Warframe theme you’d like to see inspire the next design.

How to submit:

In this thread, share a description of a Warframe theme that you would like to see in-game!

We aren’t considering Abilities during this design phase. First, it’s all about a strong theme! Expound your idea and make it the best it can be.

Guidelines:

• One submission per player.
  • Theme can’t be changed after it is submitted. You may edit your post to make small changes like fixing typos. "Reason for edit" will be reviewed.
  • If there are duplicate theme submissions, only the one that was first posted will be considered - we’ll be watching!
  • Theme idea must be original. Your submission can be from a post you made elsewhere as long as it’s your own!
  • Details like back stories might be altered by the Dev Team as needed to ensure consistency with Warframe’s overall design.
  • Concept art can be included in submissions but will not be considered in the final design or when selecting the final theme.
  • Do not reserve spots in this thread.
  • Only post submissions in this thread.
  • Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
  • Chosen submission becomes property of Digital Extremes.

We understand that we can’t avoid duplicate Warframe theme submissions, so please do your best to submit a theme that has yet to be presented, and we’ll do our best when sorting through to ensure there is a fair opportunity for all!

Selecting the Final Theme:

Call for submissions will close on Thursday, March 19 at 1:00pm ET.

After reviewing all theme submissions, the Warframe Team will choose a Top 10 to present to the Design Council!

The Design Council will then vote to determine the winning Warframe theme. Design Council voting will begin on Friday, March 20 at 1:00PM ET and run until Thursday, March 26 at 1:00PM ET.

After the Theme is Chosen:

Community artist, Eornheit will create the Warframe’s official design based on the chosen theme! Once the design is complete, we will make an open call to the community once again to design the Warframe’s Abilities. Follow each phase here!

The community-created Warframe’s name and final design will be revealed on Saturday, July 11th during the TennoCon 2020 Live Stream!

ALL PLAYERS FROM EACH PLATFORM CAN PARTICIPATE

Let us hear your Warframe ideas, Tenno!

A warframe that's mostly focused on defense with all abilities on tankiness. 

if i were to come up with a theme that in my eyes sounds interesting that i think hasn't be touched yet. it would be morality. an alignment of good, evil or neutral. for the years of war that have been going on in the solar system, we don't stop and think about what our actions mean in the long run. those we kill, were they really all that evil? those we spare, were they actually good?. a warframe who's main theme is morality puts players in an interesting spot. because their actions affect more than just what they see. and having a warframe reflect on their morality can really spice things up.

A Gecko and or Chameleon frame it could passively go invisible on wall cling or have infinite wall cling and the ability to move while staying stuck, and could have an ability like a tongue lash to steal loot and proc status, the animal type frames like Ivara have always been favorites of mine

Archived