Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

I would love to have a Warframe that was deemed a failure by the orokin for not being pretty or functioning as they wanted it to. Ends up looking like a battle torn machine smply from how far it's pushed itself to improve but in the end it's own malfunctioning and failed ability cast make it just as dangerous if not more than any other warframe. Think along the lines of a sudden expansion and shrinking of it's infested flesh knocking back enemies or a backfire explosion damaging in a radius

An immortal cultivator, like in wuxia and xianxia novels(such as Stellar Transformations and Renegade Immortal). Someone who cultivates what they lack. They cultivate long life, pills, poison, talismans, weapons, body, Dao, Death and so on. Singular purpose or jack of all trades and master of none.

i'm a bit late, but i figure ill keep trying this!

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/382627-flora-the-life-and-death-plant-warframenew-art3262018/

Plant Warframe - Flora

siXrAX5.png

passive - Whenever an enemy dies around flora, they grant her 1 energy and  grant life counters to all plants in Death Phase which will return them to Life Phase after they acquire 10 counters.

1 - lignify

Flora throws a technocyte seed to embed and grow into her target encasing them in an orokin tree.

Life Phase

• encases target for 10/16/22/28 [30% per level] seconds
  • The tree will enter Death Phase when the unit dies.
  • The tree will send out roots dealing 10/20/30/40 [100% per level] impact damage and knocking enemies down.
  • Tree roots have a radius of 8 meters which is affected by power range
  • Lignified target will take 20/22/24/26% [10% per level] of the damage their allies in the root range take.
  • The tree may also act as an obstacle blocking bullets and other projectiles.

Death Phase

• When the tree dies it will activate Flora's passive 10 times
  • When the tree re-enters Life Phase it will recast one the nearest 3 targets.

2 - Garden

Flora makes her power volatile, allowing her to create plants whenever she kills an enemy with a gun or melee weapon or when she bullet jumps.

• All plant buffs stack with each plant and scale with power strength
  • Plants last 15/18/21/24 [20% per level] seconds. affected by duration.
  • Plant buff range is 30 meters

Life Phase

• Type 1): When Flora reloads she will grow a plant that grants 4/8/12/16 [100% per level] ammo regen to the magazine.
  • Type 2): When Flora bullet jumps, she will create a short flat flower that will grant 2/3/4/5/6% bonus overall speed.
  • Type 3): When Flora kills or assists, she creates a medium size, thick flower that grants 1/2/3/4/5 Armor to you and allies.

Death Phase

• Type 1): When this plant dies it restores 5 energy to flora and her allies
  • Type 2): When this plant dies it grants flora's allies 1/2/3/4/5% damage mitigation for 5/6/7/8/9 seconds.
  • Type 3): When this plant dies it Grants 6/7/8/9/10% bonus damage to flora and her allies for 5/6/7/8/9 seconds.

3 - Deathcap

Flora grows a field of mushrooms that will grow over time.

Flora makes a field of mushrooms that grows up to 4 mushrooms that grow over 15 seconds. The growth time is affected inversely by duration. Flora's allies may pick up the mushrooms to gain it's buffs.

Life Phase

• The mushroom will grant bonus crit chance starting at 2/4/6/8/10% growing up to 10/20/30/40/50% at max size.
  • The mushroom will grant bonus Status chance starting at 5/10/15/20/25% growing up to 20/40/60/80/100% at max size,
  • The mushroom will also grant power strength starting at 10% growing up to 100% at max size. this effect is not affected by power strength.
  • The mushrooms allows abilities that deal damage to crit.
  • The buff lasts 5/7/9/11/13 Seconds.

Death Phase

• Death phase is activated after either the mushroom is taken or 20 seconds after it reaches full size.
  • Upon death it activates Flora's passive once.

4 - Glade

Flora reaches her roots through the void and pulls all plants to her, making her surroundings a forest.

• Affects all plants on the map
  • All plants in Death Phase will be put into Life Phase
  • All plant buffs are increased by 10/20/30/40/50% for 10/12/14/16/18 Seconds.

I think it would be cool to see a crowd control, status based, weather warframe. He or she could have different types of fictional or natural weather powers that would proc different elemental types, some examples just off the top of my head are: Thunder (blast) Lightning (electric or if you want to be fictional radiation) Heat wave/drought (heat) Blizzard/hail (cold) Acid rain (toxin or corrosive) some sort of Elemental Wind that could cloak the warframe (could be any element really) Tornado, though that's Zephyr's thing, a Mist that messes up electronics (magnetic) These are just some examples, I was hoping to stay away from things that other warframes already do and hopefully get some form of every element or at least the secondary ones (mag, blast, rad, viral, corrosive, gas) I have a few ideas about how some of the powers could work, but I'll only share a little about the ultimate now since the powers aren't definite yet. So, the ultimate would work something like this lightning strikes random places around the map but is more likely to strike places that have enemies or teammates especially in large quantity, the lightning (whatever kind it may be) then creates a good sized explosion that knocks back and ragdolls enemies and maybe gives a small buff to teammates. There could be clouds above to show your range and this could be combined with the acid rain idea from earlier (either in the same power or as a separate one) This, with a few other elemental weather related powers would make, at least imo, a pretty cool and unique Warframe. "Tenno, the master of elements and weather is here, *insert warframe's name here* is ready to rise to any occasion with a full arsenal of status procs. Whatever faction, Corpus, Grineer, or Infested, they'll always be prepared. And deadly!"

I have had this idea for a couple of years and I love the concept of blade dancers.
A blade dancer warframe that has floating blades around her with an emphasis on high mobility and high armor but low health.
Some old example that I came up with to give a clearer example:

Allius is a close quarters Warframe Specializing on dealing massive damage to anyone daring to get close to her, with her ghastly floating blades she makes short work of even the strongest foe.

She floats around the battlefield with great speed like the edge of a blade, Slicing through hoards whilst making an elegant dance for anyone unlucky enough to be in her path

The blades are ever present around Allius, striking enemies and projectiles alike.

Allius has blades floating around her that have a small chance of striking nerby enemies and blocking incoming enemy projectiles, as this happens the blades becomes disabled for a short while and fall to the ground requiring her to pick them up again, if Allius fails to pick them up they will dissipate after a short while.

Allius starts with a set number of blades following her and can generate more blades that she need to actively pick up to become stronger (the initial blades value are included in her stats, meaning that if Allius goes below the inital amount she will lose power).

When the stack counter reaches a certain amount, the blades will start to merging into larger blades and starts to augment her abilities (giving her more range and damage etc.). When the stack counter reaches the maximum amount of blades all the blades will merge into a final form, augmenting her abilities even further, but loses the ability to strike nearby enemies and to block projectiles.

If Allius dies all the blades will explode outwards and scatter, harming any enemies they happen to hit.

If Allius enters a Nullifier bubble the Blades will slowly dissipate.

I am a digital artist in love with warframe designs. I have been playing warframe for a few hours but not really familiar yet with all the designs present in the game.

What I think would be interesting, if it hasn't been said/implemented yet, probably a warframe with several, interchangeable forms with different kind of buff/effect. Probably has a beast form? I thought that it would be interesting to see one or two warframe with that kind of ability and transformable design that may add some new interesting theme to the warframe universe. Forgive me if it has been stated/implemented before.

Flex.

Strechy, elastic....wobbly warframe. Walking animations similar to wisp, but he would have like noodle legs or something and when performing parkour jumps his legs would extend to propel him. It will look unnatural and fun.

During their long history of conquest, the Orokin did have a few planets they had issue controlling. One of these worlds Tan Delta is subject to meteor showers with no known atmosphere. The lifeforms there have evolved over the eons to essentially thrive there by absorbing the kinetic, solar, cosmic and any other forms of energy. When the Orokin tried to conquer the planet, the Tan were quite contempt with all the fire power thrown at them, sometimes even going as far as to harass the Orikin posted there to fire on them. The planet was terraformed several times in hopes to rid it of the Tan with no luck. The planet and it's inhabitants were abandoned and the data lost in the vast archives of the Orokin. The science division responsible for developing new warframes saw the potential of these adaptable lifeforms and sought to build a warframe like none other

Passive. Some sort of damage redirection that is not game breaking. With the bouncy/energy absorbing nature of the warframe, 5% of incoming direct projectile attacks are redirected.

Ability 1.

Extend and expand one of the limbs rapidly to inflict damage and knock down enemies. Charges flux energy pool.More enemies hit more flux energy.

Ability 2.

Will attach a part of itself as a symbiot to an ally granting them the effects of Ability 3 at the cost of reduced hp to the Flex warframe. The symbiot will occasionaly protrude itself to deal damage to nearby enemies ability 1. 

Ability 3.

When activated, store all damage received into flux energy. Also will mitigate damage based on how big the pool is. Bigger pool more damage mitigation and damage done by abilities and symbiot.

Ability 4.

Release all stored energy in an aoe attack. Many protrusions coming out of the warframe or just an energy blast.

Ima doodle up some concept art on paint soon. 

A houndmaster-themed warframe, thematically revolving around the relationship between hunting dogs and their master.

I vaguely remember existing lore about how the kubrow were originally genetically altered to be Orokin pets/service animals. I would like to see this concept expanded into a new warframe.

Ideally, this frame's abilities would be kubrow-forward, as a foil against Khora's whip-and-chains-forward/kavat-secondary thematic elements.

A shadow based warframe! It has the ability to absorb shadows or teleport through them.  The darker the area, the stronger it's power.  If it were to have a name, I like the names Dusk and Blackout.

After the warframe collects said shadows, it could either boost its weapons or cast it out to blind enemies.  While it's sliding through shadows it could still attack, but the transport entirely stops or makes them vunerable.

Lumen, the Hard Light Warframe.

I think it would be neat to see a Warframe centered around the creation and manipulation of Hard Light objects. For those unaware, Hard Light is a bit of a sci-fi concept, which is the ability to manipulate light to create solid constructs. Hard Light is often depicted as looking a bit like a hologram, as the object is semi-transparent and glows, but it has a solid, physical presence. A popular example is the Omnitool/Omniblade from the Mass Effect series.

latest?cb=20120320205045

There's lots of different ways to design a Warframe like this. Hard Light can be molded into just about anything, and could presumably be easily manipulated as it would theoretically be almost weightless. Create Hard Light armor plating over your standard armor to bolster defense without adding weight or impeding movement. Create a slew of spinning blades around yourself to slice and dice would-be attackers, or fling them at high velocity to skewer ranged targets. Create a drone or companion made of Hard Light to fight on your behalf. Shields, platforms, weapons, traps, all are possible, and with a cool aesthetic to boot.

a blacksmith/forging/metallurgy warframe. he'd be a tank and support buffer with some minor heat based damage abilities. physically a dense lad, real chonky fella, has a blacksmith apron and one of those funky warframe "beards" like hydroid does, hydroid needs a beard-bro.

A wizard theme would be cool. They could have a floating grimoire (like in Black Clover) that they would use in order to cast abilities, and it could be damaged and would need time to recharge before players could cast abilities again (like a permanent sentinel or something like that). The warframe would look something like Zant from Twilight Pincess or a mage from Fire Emblem.

I personally think that we should create a form of shapeshifter Warframe. He would be able to shapeshift into a fast wolf-like creature with high shash damage. He might be able to actually shapeshift enemies in a given area (maybe make them tear at them selves for a given period of time) he might be able to shapeshift into a grineer/infested/corpus/sentient depending on what enemy the cursor is on. It would make him not have any agro on him from that fraction, but the trade of is you are forced to use the enemy you mimics weapon. I’m going to leave the rest to you DE but frankly this is a Warframe I’ve wanted for an eternity. 

We never see stuff inspired by the "old" earth so what about an Angel themed warframe that can use and manipulate fallen enemies souls to aid her team. Inspired by the old legends of god and his angels (christian religion basically)

Archived