Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

As soneone who's a huge fan of birds, I would very much love to see a Falconeer themed warframe, one where you'd have to get parts from Master Tisonai for x amount of conservation tags. 

The warframe would have an exalted companion like Khora but it would be something like a Condrok or possibly even a completely unique bird. 

It would be nice for this warframe to have item vaccum as a passive, 

This is an idea that I've had pent up for a while and gushing alot about with my clan mates too, so I'm super stoked to have the chance to voice the warframe idea! 

I'm thinking of a sacrifice themed frame, with blades stuck onto him/her and whenever he/she has to activate an ability it will require him/her to use a set of blades, or the one set of blades. Each blade or type of blade he/she uses, wherever the design leads to, will start draining his/her health away at varying amounts. It can then become the player's choice to run it as support or dps, sacrificing him/herself for his/her teammates, or sacrificing him/herself to destroy the enemy.

I've thought for a while, and I think I've finally found some ground the current roster hasn't quite covered.

Pride.

The deadly sin itself, pride, would be the theme for this warframe. Appearance wise, it would be regal, holding a rigid, noble posture, and with graceful, deliberate movements. It would likely be adorned in flowing fabrics and metallic accents. Underneath this beautiful appearance, however, would be the true, ugly nature of the warframe's abilities. They would likely be self serving and would in an ideal world make the warframe physically change as their true nature is revealed. Perhaps the ultimate ability has the warframe's pride, its core attribute, wounded, and it lashes out like a monster to hide its shame. 

I think this could be an incredible addition to the already impossibly diverse roster Warframe has to work with, and I hope you all think so too! Let me know what you think!

~Ashen~

On 2020-03-06 at 8:53 AM, [DE]Helen said:

Community-Created-Warframe-Header-alt-blue.jpg

We’re calling upon the Warframe community to create the next Warframe! You can stay up-to-date on the design phases in the official Community-Designed Warframe thread.

The theme is the foundation of every Warframe’s design. Over the years, we have seen countless fantastic ideas in the Fan Concepts subforum and across the Internet. That creativity is what we’ll need to breathe life into this Warframe! Share with us a Warframe theme you’d like to see inspire the next design.

How to submit:

In this thread, share a description of a Warframe theme that you would like to see in-game!

We aren’t considering Abilities during this design phase. First, it’s all about a strong theme! Expound your idea and make it the best it can be.

Guidelines:

• One submission per player.
  • Theme can’t be changed after it is submitted. You may edit your post to make small changes like fixing typos. "Reason for edit" will be reviewed.
  • If there are duplicate theme submissions, only the one that was first posted will be considered - we’ll be watching!
  • Theme idea must be original. Your submission can be from a post you made elsewhere as long as it’s your own!
  • Details like back stories might be altered by the Dev Team as needed to ensure consistency with Warframe’s overall design.
  • Concept art can be included in submissions but will not be considered in the final design or when selecting the final theme.
  • Do not reserve spots in this thread.
  • Only post submissions in this thread.
  • Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
  • Chosen submission becomes property of Digital Extremes.

We understand that we can’t avoid duplicate Warframe theme submissions, so please do your best to submit a theme that has yet to be presented, and we’ll do our best when sorting through to ensure there is a fair opportunity for all!

Selecting the Final Theme:

Call for submissions will close on Thursday, March 19 at 1:00pm ET.

After reviewing all theme submissions, the Warframe Team will choose a Top 10 to present to the Design Council!

The Design Council will then vote to determine the winning Warframe theme. Design Council voting will begin on Friday, March 20 at 1:00PM ET and run until Thursday, March 26 at 1:00PM ET.

After the Theme is Chosen:

Community artist, Eornheit will create the Warframe’s official design based on the chosen theme! Once the design is complete, we will make an open call to the community once again to design the Warframe’s Abilities. Follow each phase here!

The community-created Warframe’s name and final design will be revealed on Saturday, July 11th during the TennoCon 2020 Live Stream!

ALL PLAYERS FROM EACH PLATFORM CAN PARTICIPATE

Let us hear your Warframe ideas, Tenno!

How about a true gambler Warframe? A common player of the Corpus or Grineer equivalent to dice or cards, well versed in the arts of swindling credits from anyone unfortunate enough to "Play" against them, at the table or on the battlefield.

By I_Rock_Fiction

The Witch/Atharti/Circe

Overview

Both terrifying and beautiful this warframe can frighten nearby enemies with a glance causing them to drop their weapons and flee or she can seduce them with a touch draining them of their energy and health.

Specifications

My idea for a Witch themed frame is one that can Terrify and Seduce its enemies. As well as convert various enemies into dolls that grant her various passive buffs and auras based on which enemy type she has captured. Captured enemies persist indefinitely but reserve a portion of the Warframes energy pool, until released.

Abilities

1.Horrifying Gaze

The Warframe glares at enemies causing them to flee and drop their weapons.(Note)Weapons drop chance is affected by power strength. 

2.Seductive Touch

The Warframe seduces a nearby singular target causing them to kneel before the warframe while siphoning away the targets health and energy. (Note)Power Strength affects health and energy gain. 

3.Void Waltz

Allows the Warframe to Phase through enemies and becomes temporarily immune to damage.(Note) Has high energy drain, is channeled. 

4.Soul Doll

Grants the Warframe the ability to capture various enemies converting them into dolls which grant the warframe various buffs and auras, While reserving a portion of the warframes energy pool. The more powerful the aura or buff, the more energy is reserved. Maximum of 3-5 dolls. Example Capturing a basic non eximus/aura enemy grants a simple health buff to your frame, while capturing a Sanguine eximus enemy grants a health buff to you and your allies.(NOTE) Only one type of each aura can held at anytime, Power strength affects the buffs or auras that you are currently holding.Energy Efficiency affects how much power is reserved. 

Background

This Warframe was created from an Orkin Noble and Void expert. While she was serving in the empire as Chief Researcher of the void, she was recruited after the Zariaman Ten Zero re emerged from the void with nothing more than children aboard. She along with others discovered that the childrens new abilities originated from exposure to the void or perhaps something within it. While she was charged with classifying and identifying the powers of the various children, she was also in charge of the education of the more passive ones,one of which she came to adore. Due to her high station she along with margulis realized that the empire intended on using the children as weapons against the sentients and the plans for them afterward if they won the war. And either due her adoration for that other child or her scientific fascination in them all, she sided with margulis and attempted to sneak away with a few of the children. She was however discovered,captured and then declared missing by Empire, for they could not risk the scandal.  

Lore Quote 

You must of course realise that however we might care for these children they aren't truly ours anymore Margulis.

What do you mean?

These children did not just survive the void by happen chance or sheer luck, Something or someone reached out and saved the children, it changed them.

But shouldn't that be impossible? We have never detected anything that could do such a thing in the void.

Perhaps, but who knows where that ship went to or what its seen, or more importantly the children.

I always thought there should be a warframe inspired by Xena Warrior Princess.  Think Amazon Warrior Goddess crossed with super fierce Ninja.
There is so much to be inspired by, I used to watch that show all the time.  She had great acrobatic style of fighting and Asian inspired training while she looked like an Amazon.

Warframe attributes that I think that would be cool inspired by this:

Weapons- sword, throwing weapon (maybe a glave that splits into two melee weapons, or a gun-blade that can be thrown), a whip (maybe some kind of hair whip, lol), a staff

Fighting Style-  acrobatic, flipping, creatively spinning (an awesome power could be a spinning kick), and using what is around her in the environment to defeat enemies (maybe being able to summon things in the environment to bash enemies with), Flipping off walls  (think Prince of Persia), Ninja pinch (like the Vulcan death grip, Xena's pinch was awesome), a war cry

Look-  Amazon Goddess

A "false" Warframe built entirely as a robotic machine and operates as closely to a Warframe as possible using advanced Corpus technology.

Something could happen with the Operator, and their access to their Warframe arsenal could be cut off. They could use the false Warframe to regain access to their arsenal, or something like that. Or, they might have to go somewhere a Warframe can't, like deep within a Sentient ship. The false Warframe would be shield-based, focused on armor, and would be able to reboot/repair itself after death, hack other machines, and decrypt communications. It could switch into a low profile sneaking robot machine that could track up walls and drive on ceilings, over rugged terrain, etc. It might also be able to break itself into pieces to do multiple things at once.

The false Warframe could interface with other Corpus machines and have abilities that can stun, manipulate, and control other machine enemies. It would be immune to most toxin damages, but it would have limited faculties elsewhere.  It might have drones that swarm and attack, repair nano-machines, etc..

WEREWOLF THEME (male. since its we already have valkyr and khora. And trinity is like a vampire so it should be male.)

1ST ABILITY. MOON HUNTERS- summon 2 rabid kubrow for limited time that deals slash procs to enemy

2ND. FERAL HOWL- single buff that increase crit chance and crit damage

3RD. FETCH- single buff that increase movespeed, increase bullet jump damage and longer airborne.

4TH. LYCANTHROPY- (with transformation gimmick) exalted weapon(sparring stance) grants life steal for every melee strike but life drains. Also adds attack speed and enhance slash

Passive. In POE, all buffs will be sharable to party only at NIGHT. (Since its a werewolf). Making him the next eidolon hunter since chroma got nerfed from selfdamage update.

An anvil themed warframe.  It's appearance would be fairly rough; like a bunch of anvils and heavy bits of metal bolted and cobbled together.  Fair amount of overlap with the "blacksmith" theme others have submitted, so it wouldn't be difficult to combine the ideas.

While Volt represents electricity and Zephyr has the jet stream locked down, I believe there's more than enough room in the roster for a frame based on the power and beauty of a Thunderstorm. Rolling thunder, downdrafts that can flatten trees, hailstones the size of golf balls, spiderwebs of lightning. Thunderstorms are inspiring to watch, and seeing them build over the plains in the American Midwest, clouds growing in the distance, sky growing darker until the noon sun in black, seems like it would fit perfectly with the powers the Orokin have shown in their creations before. Perhaps the tech started out as a prototype for the terraforming towers in the Orb Vallis, before being adapted to the Warframe project? Maybe it was meant as a means to help care for the forests of earth, in a project similar to the one that saw the creation of Titania?

HORROR/MADNESS FRAME

Warframe already has a lot of horror elements so i’m kind of surprised that there isn’t a frame that is just the embodiment of fears, not just one ability like Nekros. One type of horror i really enjoy is the cosmic horror in lovecraft’s work, where people turn insane because of an eldritch creature, and many frames are half the way there so why not go all out!!!

I see the frame mechanically as a grappler, taking over them and pinning or tossing them.

OcYG7dp.png

Dunno if already said but dressmaker theme. Like the phantom thread guy all about being fancy and his fashion. A Warframe all about being a gentleman and being ready to lay the out anything that stands in his way. Would like to see something similar to chroma's effigy, that being pouring his energy into the dress/suit to fight along side him or cloak another frame in armor or some other buff. Either way a frame that utilizes his dress/suit for warfare or buffs. Gotta be fancy

"The Investors have been most displeased. That is why we've arranged this meeting."

"Perhaps the Tenno can be made part of my newest... experiment."

"If my Tubemen were no match for them, how would you do any bet-"

"KILL THE TENNO MAGGOTS!"

"This foolish bickering is why we must call a truce. I can provide scientific research."

"And I can provide the investment."

"I suppose this means we provide the manpower?"

"My ghouls can provide flesh. Perform your experiments... MAKE THE TENNO SUFFER!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... some time later...

"We spared no expense, and now our future investments have been secured."

"This... monstrosity... is the result of our combined research and development in... in... where did our blueprint go?"

"THE TENNO MAGGOTS... STOLE. THE. BLUEPRINT!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what are these blueprints?

It turns out the Grineer and Corpus decided to fight fire with fire and designed a "Warframe" of their own, combining Tyl Regor's genetic facilities and Alad V's robotic ingenuity, Nef Anyo's boundless investment and Vay Hek's... "totally-not-ghouls" manpower.

The result is a disturbing, writhing pile of the finest armored and shielded metal money can buy! It combines Corpus and Grineer engineering and ingenuity across various factions, combining into the ultimate anti-Tenno weaponry ever to be promptly stolen and used against them by those exact Tenno.

After gathering the parts... we now turn to the Foundry and the verbose, cyclical arguments among the Cephalons regarding what to do with this blueprint: this mishmash of incompatible ideas.

For all the inconsistency and uncertainty, one thing is for certain about this design...

The name for this "Warframe"...
has been scribbled out...
overwritten...
and replaced.
Over. And over. And over again.

I think a frame based around spiders would be a great addition. It’s probably been said before, but I want to go more in-depth with the idea. There are dozens of unique kinds of spiders. Spiders that jump, spiders that make webs, spiders that hunt, spiders that lay traps, spiders that carry their young on their back. All of these fit within the nature of the Tenno, for the most part. Additionally, a warframe with extra limbs could be interesting, to better fit an arachnid theme. I’m aware that suggestions for abilities will probably be ignored, but I think that a bullet jump accented with a flurry of blades from an extra pair or two of arms could prove to be an interesting concept. Something akin to the Iron Spider, I suppose? But way cooler because it’s warframe. 

A lone spider on the prowl, searching for any unsuspecting prey to wrap up in its webs. A Grineer marine stumbles into some cobwebs, and angrily pulls them off his face as he continues. Unknowingly, he has alerted the spider to his presence. It closes in, and kills its prey before he even notices that the rest of his squad dangles above him, trapped in the spider’s web.

Hope you consider this post on March 19th!

A beast themed Warframe? One that can go on all fours, maybe gaining some special movements in the process. Can have primal abilities and buffs, and maybe a grab in the form of a tongue or lunge. Would be nice to see a purely animalistic Warframe 

Im the prime times of the orokin era, they have use services of a well know assassin, Jakal, the shadow, the thief of souls. He stole the life of who opose the orokins, and serve them until his death...and after that to.

In the old war, the orokins are desperade for new weapons, new powers, soo the warframes came, amd they have so many abilitys, some are stealth enough to infiltrate the sentient, but they always get detect after a while. Because that, a new frame was create, a frame base on the assassin, a frame made of darkness, with power to kill a target and stole their body, the perfect assassin to eliminate the powerfull targets and bring down the generals of the sentients.

The ideia here is make a warframe shadow power, he use shadow to move faster and disable or confuse enemys when he pass through them. Have a exalted weapon powerfull enough to bring down the most toughest target and then use his body, for some time, to infiltrate the base and kill the targets.

He need a movement skill, remember he is a assassin, he need to be fast to run in and run out.

He need a exalted weapon, a assassin without the power to bring down the enemy is a waste.

And he need a stealth skill, he use the body of a soldier to infiltrate and kill their lider.

Obs: To kill a high level target, he need life steal or some bulkness. The ideia here is eliminate one target very fast amd go out with a shadow movement skill to confuse their soldiers. A life steal skill would fir perfectly with the theme base.

I personally think that a cephalon inspired warframe would be unique.

A warframe that is feeble, holographic and barely has a physical body with health made out of purely shields. Sounds silly right?

Well what if this warframe would be able to jump into enemies and systems to take control of them? Imagine using maps' control panels as a way to teleport quickly from spot to spot while being invulnerable. Imagine jumping into an ally to shield them while using your gun from their position or jumping into an enemy and taking control of them! Survivability by proxy.

A warframe that resembles War Machine from Iron Man. A turret with autoaim capabilities that is attached to you would be nice to have as an ability.

Also, it could have a passive charge that activates when an ability is used which boosts other abilities.

Maybe a front facing shield or a rear shield like Garuda.

And an ability that consumes primary ammo? maybe.

Could also use a warframe-specific primary weapon that syncs with abilities.

Chained to the earthen depths, emaciated. Those who would devour the sun and moon entombed on your shoulders. Ribs laid bare, yet a figure hulking. Neither man nor beast, grotesque and disproportioned, the unknowable.
What horror lies in the void that we cannot see, over the black horizon? Rage, rage against the light...

Fenrir.

Fenrir is a warframe that takes inspiration from werewolf’s, norse myth and the oppressive unknowable gravity of black holes. He is nearly inhuman in appearance with gaunt, skeletal canid legs and torso opposed by muscular arms and a vaguely humanoid head. His shoulder armour distinctly fashioned after snarling wolf-like heads.
His void abilities characterized by having a slow buildup during combat until it reaches a critical mass that crushes and consumes everything within radius.

the main theme being a dark wolven figure that has the starved hunger of a black hole.

Archived