Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

"This is Kreimhild. The vanguard. The radiant. A lance of light, carrying on the desire to hope."
"Channel her inner light, cleansing the world of despair with a blaze from beyond."

Concept: A Warframe based off of magical girl aesthetic with a side of knight paladin, while also containing aspects of the mechanic unlocked with The War Within. Ideally, this concept would have some form of using melee weapons at range.

(Rationale: all the polearm skins that look like ranged blasting rods. Give them a use here!)

I just started playing and was surprised by a lack of gentle and kindly looking looking frames. So thinking along those lines lead me to think more of a pacifist than a tank or berserker. So my idea is basically a bookworm. A frame that believes the pen is mightier than the sword, e.i. scholar, author, archivist, or librarian. 

Here's my pitch.

The Idea

Giant warframe. Not as in big but as in giants from like every mythology ever.

His/Her Thing

I really liked Barruk's whole peace thing that was goiong on so I'm going with something similar. Instead of being a "frame of war" it could be a frame that was used for transportation, protection etc. A friendly Giant if you may. Kind of like the Iron Giant movie. A big scary beast that is in fact the most kindhearted and peaceful creature, which is something I would like to reflect on his/her kit if the idea is chosen.

I'd like to see a Chemist Warframe that carries around various vials containing different concoctions that can cause varies effects when thrown. Could have a gas element to him/her to boot for a bit of extra personality to make them stand out from the other frames.

So I'll throw my idea on to this huge list and maybe someone already suggested this but anyway, I think a warframe centered around toxin would be cool. The frame would be a "Queen(or King, but I think queen fits better) of Vipers" and her apprentice would have a snake feel to it. There are a few frames that come close, but I can't think of any that are purely around toxin.

Her abilities could be things like(this is just to give you an idea of what I'm thinking and meaning, I know this is not suppose to be about abilities at this point):

Venomous Viper: A quick thrust of the hand does toxin damage and applies a toxin status to up to three enemies and a 1 sec stun.

Toxic Cloud: As the name suggests she can create a cloud of toxin around her that damages enemies over time as they stand in it and also applies toxin status. Maybe the cloud could also reduce the armor of enemies that are standing in it, while conversely doing the same for her.

Spitting Viper: Blind the enemy with poison to the eyes. Enemies are stunned and immobilized for 3 secs and then are confused, having lower accuracy and 33% chance to fire on allies.

Den of Vipers: Call forth a large snake or several small ones (whichever works better gameplay wise) to attack. Snake(s) that are in a Toxic Cloud would get a damage buff. Attacked enemies would of course be receiving toxin statuses and heavy toxin damage. The warframe's weapons gain a toxin damage buff that increases with every enemy killed by the snakes. Also maybe a portion of the damage they do would heal the warframe?

*Edited for clarity on reason for abilities list*

Theme: Infested-based biopunk/gorepunk

I'd imagine the warframe being based on the Eris tileset. So primarily infested but unlike Nidus, paired with Corpus technology. The themes for their abilities are based on adaptability and tinkering. (More on that in the backstory)

Now onto the backstory:
The starting point is similar to Valkyr. The warframe was used and experimented on by the Corpus but one time, during one of the tests on the warframe's survivability on a Corpus ship, it orbited too close to Eris during the early days of the Infested takeover and was quickly rendered unable to maneuvre at all. So the few Corpus that managed to escape left everything behind while practically all researchers and their labs were completely consumed by the infestation. After some time, the ship lost power and the systems used to contain the warframe shut down so they could explore the ship on their own. With no equipment at hand, the warframe scrapped and taped whatever junk was left of the Corpus together to fight the infested and eventually, escape. On their way out however, a strain similar to Nidus' clung to them, only this time it was less all-consuming but more of a spore sac for spreading the Infestation and exploring new frontiers and lifeforms. Having experienced the extends of power of science (scientists managed to keep them controlled after all) and being quite adapt at tinkering themselves, the warframe decides to further its relationship with this Infested strain and incorporate it into it's anatomy and abilities.

Equipment theme:
Oberon is a paladin, Valkyr is a cat, Rhino is chunky. What's this one look like?
Although combat-experienced, they much rather prefer to let their inventions/creations fight for them. As such, they are more slender than your average warframe. The best I could describe it would be a fusion between Khora's anatomy/limb width and the general feel of the Volt Proto skin. A mix of the Nova Corpra skin and an Infested leaper would also be fitting.
Adding to the base physique, spikier or larger armor pieces around critical spots on the warframe are present, as a failsafe for close-quarters combat and for protection from whatever a self-proclaimed Infested-biomancer needs protection from. This could look similar to the damaged armor pieces on Valkyr's default skin (only less mutilated), since they presumably haven't had the chance to look in a mirror and fix themselves up to their original self after merging with the Infestation.

The twist:
Depending on how the backstory and theme needs to be adjusted, a Faustian (Goethe's  Faust) theme could also work for the abilites. So the strain isn't as harmless as the warframe thought and it sometimes (and/or always subconciously) controls them. This would feel like Equinox perhaps, only not with the contrast of day-night but crazy scientist and their creation.

Depending on who has more control over the other, the gameplay implementation could be solved by possibly random effects of the passive ability (Faust) and/or using a blend of Corpus tech and Infestation directly (base idea).

How about a frame based on angel and demon mix where the more they kill they more demon like they look but the more they heal or help teammates the more angelic they look and abilities could be 1st ability could be a healing aura around them 2nd ability could be a damaging ability 3rd could buff teammates like wisp first ability and its 4th could be the more you kill stores damage and you can release it to kill everything around you

51 minutes ago, gravendoom75 said:

I've always had this idea for a frame for the longest time and I've fallen in love with it.

Gambler Frame

Basically, it's kit would revolve around the use of elements as it's abilities, though they'd be somewhat random. An example is rolling heat/toxic/electricity/cold dice out in front of you. Then, you could roll out multiple elements at once to form into a larger elemental explosion (ex. toxin and electric make a corrosive explosion) but, you're throwing out these dice at random, so you don't entirely know what elements you might roll. The basic idea is playing with chance, but also having a few opportunities to "cheat" specific things you want out of your abilities. There could be a quest revolving around a certain cephalon who's known for his random rewards *cough* Cephalon Samodeus *cough*. I have plenty of more ideas regarding abilities, but this isn't for abilities. 

Design-wise, it'd be easy to want to make it look like limbo... but instead of a gentleman-esque character, I'm envisioning a more rogue gambler. They would have decks of cards on their wrists for them to draw from similar to the saying of having a "card up their sleeve". On top of this, I'm imagining something like a bag at their hip where they store their earnings or dice. The dice they mainly use could be incorporated onto the palms of their  hands, allowing them to easily throw them out and recall them back. The main body of them would be designed like a rogue or thief would, borrowing concepts of cloth on their body from frames like wisp, ivara, mesa, baruuk, and garuda. 

Eeeyy cool idea, Tenno!

Combine it with mine, shall we?

Ive been wait for this , Here goes 

Theme: Chameleon like warframe who specialty is adapting to fights

This warframe can LITERALLY transform in battle to better suit whom its in combat with 

In the beginning of every level this warframe starts of in its warframe humanoid form 

Passive :Adaptation this warframe keeps track of the last 3-5 damage types it has been injured with 

Or somthing where they gain def depending what faction theyre fighting

Skill 1 : transform into a quadripedal frame to gain new attacks will look very similar to a jackal has incrased movement speed very fast on land can climb walls and ceilings  (just 2 attack , L2 and R2) 

Skill 2 : Transform into a Mole / Drill like frame gain new attacks (only 2) to help combat certain enemies has a greatly increased hp pool and has slightly higher def stats can do this like burrow to avoid attacks or drag enemies under etc

Skill 3 : Transforms into a high tech tank gains new attacks ( only 2 ) has increased damage stats and status chance stats 

Skill 4 (ultimate ) Activatig Ulti grants the frame immunity to the last 3-5 damage types last used against the frame 

Hope you all like it , let me know what u think 

P.s HI REBECCA AND STREAM TEAM! ^^

Warframe ballet dancer called Aina.

Description "Appearance is deceiving, and unpredictable, do not underestimate the ballet, because in her hands it is a weapon. Aina can deliver a crushing blow just by dancing to enemies"

A mandatory attribute of the design is a ballet tutu, which will rotate during the use of abilities

Sadly only one submission per player, and I don't have time to read 194 pages of what others have said. I have two ideas, so I will submit them both in a single post.
If either have been said before, disregard that one. If both have well that's fine. If I'm ignored because I gave two, oh well.

1> Time based - Can pause a scene and move within it for a bit, as well as "undo" the death of an ally (before they bleed out), rewind some damage, etc.
2> Probability based - Can warp the fabric of the multiverse to twist stats using alternate realities.

Thanks for your consideration!

How about a Warframe based on Iron/Molten Iron, with a theme being a blacksmith. I was thinking it would be a multiple form one, just like Equinox. A based form, the most that looks like a blacksmith, an ironclad form with boosted defensive capabilities, and a molten, magma-like form, with offensive abilities. 

Its been quite a while since we've had a healer based warframe like trinity or harrow, so here's my idea

Pozitor the Guardian warframe
   Pozitor's was desinged as a Protecter, defneding and watching over others

• Passive: Status effects last shorter on Pozitor

• 1st skill: summon a Lance to pierce an enemy restoring shields to Pozitor and her nearby allies (grants over shields)

• 2nd skill: Raise a Barrier for [X] blocking all projectiles, at the end of the duration, nearby allies are granted [Z] health regen with duration being based on how much damage the barrier blocked

• 3rd skill: (toggle) connect a restortive beam to an ally, restoring health to pozitor if attached ally is full on hp

• 4th skill: Sacrafice a quarter of pozitor's max heath and shields to give an ally a charge of protectorate, if an ally takes fatal damage while affect by protectorate all health a shields will be restored to full and pozitor's sacraficed health and shields will be restored

Theme: rollerblader/ice skater

The mix of "rad" 80s/90s rollerblading and ice skating fits in well with Warframe's eclectic aesthetic combinations. The rollerblade side leans towards the Ventkids, which could play into theming and advertising, and might fit into the history - perhaps this Warframe's past skating exploits are what gave them the Ventkids the original idea for the k-drives.

Movement is central to the concept: a mobility style like skating - very low friction (this would be a good use of friction mods, like Nezha's), but without sliding and with tighter turning.

A focus on cold would be appropriate, bringing in the ice skating. Think Frozone from the Incredibles, the ice theme in general, and especially the way he creates paths and jumps with the ice.

Berserker-themed frame. Chunky body like rhino/hildryn/etc., but quick on his feet, has short dash/sidestep instead of a roll, can summon a slow, heavy-hitting exalted greataxe with energy blade as a signature weapon that has archgun-like AoE slam when summoned, can be thrown as either a lenz-like grenade (sticks to the target/ground and detonates after ~ 1 second) or as zenistar-like spinning disk (probably the first ability, tap for grenade and hold for a disk), can perform a warcry that boosts damage/attack speed but removes shield and either drains HP or increases incoming damage. Obviously should have a badass-looking shoulder pads with a cape.

Archived