Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why kill Gas?

(PSN)SrebX

On 2020-05-19 at 1:40 AM, Educated_Beast said:

Gas needs to be reworked or just removed.  Is there any situation it is better than other choices?  Anything Im missing?

Actually, there is. Infested Disruption Demolishers are weakest vs Gas, and apparently, they have such a huge health pool that it does pay off if you bring Gas. They are also immune vs Viral.

Considering that the new Corpus enemies in Deadlock almost require you bringing Magnetic damage, I think this is the direction DE is taking with these lesser elements: situational requirements.

To be honest, Blast is actually in the worst spot right now. It has absolutely no purpose.

11 hours ago, (NSW)Joewoof said:

Actually, there is. Infested Disruption Demolishers are weakest vs Gas, and apparently, they have such a huge health pool that it does pay off if you bring Gas. They are also immune vs Viral.

Lingering clouds of gas damage can work pretty well in Infested Arbitrations too.  I'm not confident calling it the best option, but it's in the running and certainly functional.

Of course viral  brute forces its way into functional there too, so /welp

On 2020-03-06 at 3:39 PM, Gailus said:

Applied a Damage over Time affect to everything in the radius at the time of the Gas proc. So if the initial target died the proc still had value. This lets high damage low fire rate guns had a status that actively capitalized off of their strengths and isn't hampered by the low status-per-second at high levels.

On 2020-03-06 at 3:39 PM, Gailus said:

The damage does not linger after the main target dies. This removes Gas's unique niche of being the status that worked well in groups almost completely.

Regardless of the rest of the problems, on this issue specifically...

I feel like the solution would be to make it so that the target that "radiates" the gas cloud should leave behind a persistent gas cloud (for a duration) anywhere it goes, and then when it dies, it leaves behind a lingering gas cloud there (for at least the duration of the actual proc).

Major issues that gimps gas damage significantly :

1. The damage no longer scales from elemental mods (hopefully this is a bug not a stealth nerf).
2. Grineer and Corpus have extreme resistance. -50% Cloned Flesh, -25% Flesh.

3. The proc caps out at 10 stacks while other DoT stack infinitely.

My solution

1. Remove resistance from cloned flesh and flesh even better make them vulnerable to it, but make machinery and robotic have resistance to it because it makes sense. My proposed resistance

1.1 Cloned Flesh : +50%
1.2 Flesh : +25%
1.3 Robotic : -50%
1.4 Machinery : -75%

2. Revert this stealth nerf or bug that makes it no longer scale from elemental mods

3. Make the proc stacks infinitely but the extra radius stopped expanding after 10 stacks to make it not too crazy.

2 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Regardless of the rest of the problems, on this issue specifically...

I feel like the solution would be to make it so that the target that "radiates" the gas cloud should leave behind a persistent gas cloud (for a duration) anywhere it goes, and then when it dies, it leaves behind a lingering gas cloud there (for at least the duration of the actual proc).

Those complaints were posted before DE fixed gas procs do what you're saying.  It wasn't originally the case after the status rework, but the visual cloud and  damage tics definitely linger now after the original target dies, and have done so for some time. 

What I don't know is whether new targets that wander into the area after the host dies get hit with the damage.  I think they do, and I think they should, but I'm not certain it works that way.  Just haven't paid close enough attention. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-03-06 at 4:16 PM, peterc3 said:

Yes, it is. The game isn't set in stone.

which is one of DE's issue as they can nerf something thats been fine for years just out of te blue, look at farming frames for an example. DE already touched up on gas being over power with stealth and triple dipping damage and was balanced pretty well, it was ad if you built it bad while being good if you built it well and buffed it. Then with the rework it was just nerfed hard for no reason other than bad placeholder.

On 2020-03-06 at 6:19 PM, SadOverlord said:

You don't even know what you're talking about. Gas is the only proc that doesn't scale with anything. Every other proc, except slash, scales. Do you know what DE has done? They changed around the formula making it scale with modded Gas. Except, well, there is no Gas mod. So it doesn't even scale. This is the main issue. Gas has to scale with Toxin and deal Gas damage. Gas damage needs not to be Host based, cause it just doesn't work with the type of game Warframe is. Keeping it the same way as the old one while making it deal Gas damage was the best thing they could do.
By the way let me tell you something: Gas is trash against infested. It was the worst faction you could bring gas into. Have you ever played Gas?
Also lol at you for thinking someone will ever use Magnetic into Corpus.
It will work like this:
Slash/Viral or Corrosive/Heat -> Grineer
Slash/Viral or Toxin -> Corpus
Slash/Viral or Heat->Infested.
Do you see a pattern? Cause I do.

slash and viral isnt really that good for corpus in reality, sure it works ut keep in mind slash cant bypass shields and viral is only good without shields. Magnetic and toxin works much better than viral slash. And of course slash viral works best for grineer and infeasted. Slash, viral, heat dmg are the best for infeated and thats not even including the status effects. Viral slash heat works gret for grineer due to slash ignoring armor as well as being buffed by viral, corrosive and heat technically in its stat really useful for really high level content as viral slash falls off at some point as The DoE wont deal enough dmg as well as being weak against high armor enemies. 

On 2020-03-06 at 4:19 PM, (PS4)SrebX said:

1. Look up Gas bonuses dmg and Toxin dmg bonuses. Gas is overwhelmingly worse. You basically have 50% penalty for most of the enemies you care about

2. Gas now works differently. No longi s there a Cloud that contaminates the area, but now the the individual enemy that got the proc acts as a "grenade" and pulses dmg out, which means that if the enemies scatter the enemies aren't feeding off of each other's dmg anymore.

All of those mean that gas'es niche, which was the AoE option that's strong in a group, no longer exists.

Btw, if you haven't tested what I'm talking about or aren't aware of what made Gas as strong as it was, you're welcome to hold your ignorant memes to yourself

Imo gas is just an improve Fire damage vs infested, previously ignis with gas status was S#&$ because of the toxin dot, now that the dot is gas it get more effective.

but yeah it's over with GAs vs corpus, also faction damage mods are pretty strong on gas because of the way they are calculated.

Archived