Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

self damage

Seer

self damage needs to come back. the game has been nothing but merciful to newer players, making it so they have revives up the butt and nerfing enemies armor and reducing their aim. the game isnt hard anymore and takes little to no skill, and with self damage gone, people can play just as braindead as they do with saryn and ignis because now theres little to no drawback at all for using explosive weapons.

• Like 2

Ohh boi, here we go again, another one of this threads...

Seriously, where did all of this Pro-self damage people came from? Before the patch, all i saw was people asking for its removal FORE YEARS. Its been 2 days, and people want it back??

3 minutes ago, trst said:

You're implying the game took any more skill to play before the patch.

Choosing the explosive weapons added the requirement for a modicum of skill and awareness.  Instead of seeing a red triangle on the radar and firing the weapon at the nearest wall, you had to re-position to make sure you weren't caught in the blast radius.  The removal of self damage killed all explosive weapons for me.  Now we don't even have the choice to be properly punished for mistakes, we just get moved 2-3 meters and it doesn't matter because the enemies we shot at weren't even within line-of-sight.

• Like 1

yeah it did, at least people had to think where they shot. now its all hurr durr urh uhr i get kill hur uhr ; and also im also confused why pro-self damage people are only showing face now. i mean, i shouldve said something earlier when they removed self damage from other weapons but i didnt.

10 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Choosing the explosive weapons added the requirement for a modicum of skill and awareness.  Instead of seeing a red triangle on the radar and firing the weapon at the nearest wall, you had to re-position to make sure you weren't caught in the blast radius.  The removal of self damage killed all explosive weapons for me.  Now we don't even have the choice to be properly punished for mistakes, we just get moved 2-3 meters and it doesn't matter because the enemies we shot at weren't even within line-of-sight.

So standing 5-10 meters from an enemy before shooting them constitutes some amount of skill?

I still stand by my previous statement.

Self damage can stay gone, or if it does come back it needs to be capped at like 25% of HP.

Nothing more annoying than lining up a shot only to have my spastic crack monkey teammates bullet jump in front of me. 

14 minutes ago, Lion said:

Self damage can stay gone, or if it does come back it needs to be capped at like 25% of HP.

Nothing more annoying than lining up a shot only to have my spastic crack monkey teammates bullet jump in front of me. 

they should just give explosive a timer or arming distance, ala tonkor/lenz. also they should let the explosive pass through squadmates. no else really 

1 minute ago, kevoisvevo said:

they should just give explosive a timer or arming distance, ala tonkor/lenz. also they should let the explosive pass through squadmates. no else really 

I'm more in favor of the damage cap personally. I can't think of many other (relevant) games in this genre where self damage is fatal 100% of the time (think Destiny, Borderlands).

1 minute ago, Lion said:

I'm more in favor of the damage cap personally. I can't think of many other (relevant) games in this genre where self damage is fatal 100% of the time (think Destiny, Borderlands).

The only reason it was fatal is cause we can do stupid amounts of damage.

Just now, (XB1)Shodian said:

The only reason it was fatal is cause we can do stupid amounts of damage.

Ehhh, I guess? I mean an unmodded Lenz / Bramma can still oneshot. I wouldn't really blame the damage, rather just the lack of a self damage cap (like Borderlands 3 / Destiny 2 explicitly have.)

7 hours ago, trst said:

So standing 5-10 meters from an enemy before shooting them constitutes some amount of skill?

While you're moving through a multi level environment at speed where the corridors are often smaller than the explosive diameter of the weapon you're using, yes I would call that some amount of skill.  Reducing something down to it's absolute minimum descriptor will always make it sound simple.  For example, "So moving your mouse to the right constitutes some amount of skill?"  That was describing aiming, which most people would identify as requiring skill to perform optimally.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial