Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dungeon finder "like" for waframe

Jackdarsan

So recruit chat is more like a Murmur finder chat thus this discussion. 

Would like to be able to pick a mission type, i.e. ESO and set my role as dps or buff, and wait for it to auto fill, instead of spamming chat. 

However I do see the issue of there being hardly anyone playing these days as a problem for this system since people will be waiting for too long. 

Would it be something people would like to see Warframe introduce in the future or not?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jackdarsan said:

Would it be something people would like to see Warframe introduce in the future or not?

I see very little point in it. If you ask people to set their rolls, what happens when everyone picks DPS, because it is more fun? Massively long queue time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

what happens when everyone picks DPS

1 hour ago, Jackdarsan said:

and set my role as dps or buff

What are you talking about? There are no such roles in WF. I mean, is Wisp a buff frame? She can buff, she can heal and she can also DPS like a mthrfckr. What is Nekros? Loki? etc etc etc....

FFS there are no Tanks in WF and Frames that can heal and/or buff, and/or CC can also DPS. Most of the DPS comes from guns anyway.

1 hour ago, Talinthis said:

i would like a way to change my frame in plains of eidolon at the least for eidolon bounty.

WF is not an MMO. It's a Co-op game FFS. There is no server that runs an instance that the squad connects to. One becomes a Host, spawns an instance and the others connect to that Host. So, it's impossible to change your gear after you have loaded that instance.

I can't believe that I have to say these things... WTF!!!!

/Foo

Edited by Foo_Prime
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Foo_Prime said:

What are you talking about? There are no such roles in WF. I mean, is Wisp a buff frame? She can buff she can heal and she can also DPS like a mthrfckr. What is Nekros? Loki? etc etc.

There are no Tanks in WF ofc and Frames that can heal and/or buff and/or CC can also DPS.

WF is not an MMO. It's a Co-op game ffs. There is no server that runs an instance that the squad connects to. One becomes a Host, spawns an instance and the others connect to that Host. So, it's impossible to change your gear after you have loaded that instance.

/Foo

you dont have to limit yourself to doing it out in the mission. there is a bug you can occasionally get where my squad goes out into the plains, and a person is stuck in cetus. sometimes when they go back into the gate area it will load and send the last person out with the rest of the people already in the instance. just because there is no server for clients and just because it isnt an mmo doesnt mean there is no solution to improve the mechanics of matchmaking. just with that bug i can think of a few ways they could implement that.

40 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

just with that bug i can think of a few ways they could implement that.

That happened to me a lot of times. Try to connect to a mission, fail, load orbiter and then it asks you if you want to connect to that mission, right? If you do, you load the previous instance but in the meantime you can change your gear.

But imagine how long it would take for missions to start if that was feature and every member of the squad could do that. And what about the Host? If the host can drop the instance and load orbiter to change gear, the others can't connect to anything cause there is no instance until the host starts a new one. What if the host takes his time?

Any scenario were you could change gear after you load an instance would be a mess and practically impossible to implement.

/Foo

1 hour ago, Foo_Prime said:

You don't have to. We are basing our responses on what the OP said.If you change the conditions it becomes a different statement. Regardless of if roles actually exist, I am yet to play a game where this feature is genuinely beneficial.

3 hours ago, Jackdarsan said:

Would like to be able to pick a mission type, i.e. ESO and set my role as dps or buff, and wait for it to auto fill, instead of spamming chat. 

such roles don't exist in warframe: most frames are able to accomplish multiple parts of the DPS/Tank/Healer triangle at once. we can't really classify warframes based on this method; everyone's already a DPS, and even if we were running on that system, you'd have 99% of players wanting the DPS role, because that's how things are. I'm sure anyone who plays Final Fantasy will attest to this.

you'll see a similar theme when Scarlet Spear goes live: EVERYONE will want to be the ground team, but you won't get anywhere near as many Railjack Crews. there will inevitably be matchmaking problems as a result.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

Think you all are getting off topic. 

I understand there are no set roles in Warframe - just simplifying things when I say DPS/Buff. which can easily be replaced with the type of warframe you want to use.

Or for you to be able to set what frames you want to join you and start the "finder system". 

I.e. you start an ESO group and click, Trin, volt, rhino as the 3 other frames you want to join your group. 

To me sounds like a better option then having to reply to each person why you don't want them to join with say Oberon (which has happened to me). 

I shouldn't bother thinking of any improvements, its clearly confusing people, i'll just stick to spamming chat to form groups. 

Would I like a proper matchmaking system in WF? Hell yes.

On 2020-03-20 at 5:17 AM, krc473 said:

I see very little point in it. If you ask people to set their rolls, what happens when everyone picks DPS, because it is more fun? Massively long queue time. 

Easily solved by picking a different role.

18 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Easily solved by picking a different role.

Yes, I agree. Bat is just not what happens in the similar systems I have used. People will only want to play one specific role and refuse to change. So everyone gets longer queues.

• A system that doesn't ask roles but instead just lets you actually find a group would be fine I imagine.

On 2020-03-20 at 2:33 AM, Foo_Prime said:

WF is not an MMO. It's a Co-op game FFS.

Warframe is not a MMO, but it is not a Coop too. It is most a solo game with a matchmaking that put people in the same mission you are and that's it. And you do most of that in "group" because of Loot, XP and to bypass RNG (like Relics). Besides that, a lot of missions time efficiency is not even affected by having a lot of players in it nor increase the chance of success (Capture, mobile, survive, defense). The ones that having more people affect mission speedy or success are the missions that people play apart of each other (interception, desruption, excavation). The ones that kind require ppl are the ones that you play far from each other, don't seems coop to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A good matchmaking could solve a little some game modes, like Eidolons, and the ammount of time wasted in recruit chat. Just how bad this matchmaking is, that can throw anyone with any MR playing any Warframe they want in any match and nobody complains about it, it is a prove that Warframe content is not true Coop. High MR doesn't means anything, but low MR does (MR 5).

That said, with or not a decent matchmaking, pubs are usually horrible in true coop content.

Edited by MPonder

On 2020-03-20 at 12:14 PM, Jackdarsan said:

and set my role as dps or buff

I am very curious as to how this could be implemented. Because:

• My Chroma is a buffer, which makes him a DPS also. He has negative range so while he can buff the party, in practice he usually won't.
  • I'm playing Volt as a DPS with a Transistor/Vigilante sniper build. Pretty much invincible from the front, CC as backup.
  • My Baruuk build is pretty close to a WoW-style "tank", but that's pretty much just to hand-wave the question of my own survival. I'm not exactly protecting the rest of you at this time.
  • Legerdemain Mirage adapts to what's needed in the party (wide-reaching CC, damage, whatever). Would there be a "flex" role?
  • My support Mag and support Harrow both provide usefulness but in very different ways. Mag grants Shield and debuffs enemies, Harrow grants Health and Energy. Just "support" isn't helpful as a role, but menuing through different types of support would likely be too tedious.

39 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

I am very curious as to how this could be implemented. Because:

• My Chroma is a buffer, which makes him a DPS also. He has negative range so while he can buff the party, in practice he usually won't.
  • I'm playing Volt as a DPS with a Transistor/Vigilante sniper build. Pretty much invincible from the front, CC as backup.
  • My Baruuk build is pretty close to a WoW-style "tank", but that's pretty much just to hand-wave the question of my own survival. I'm not exactly protecting the rest of you at this time.
  • Legerdemain Mirage adapts to what's needed in the party (wide-reaching CC, damage, whatever). Would there be a "flex" role?
  • My support Mag and support Harrow both provide usefulness but in very different ways. Mag grants Shield and debuffs enemies, Harrow grants Health and Energy. Just "support" isn't helpful as a role, but menuing through different types of support would likely be too tedious.

- Queue by position?! League of Legends?

- Is buffer a class now? I dunno about other games queue types. A DPS with a form of party buff is still a DPS as long it can buff himself at least.

- Warframe doesn't have tanks actually, something that actually protect the team by taking damage and aggroing, does it?

- My support Mag provide usefulness -> Like Teemo Top. A support doesn't actually need to heal.

All you guys points providing weird stuff with Warframe trying to counter argument a MM just show how Warframes are just throw there for the sake of  been throw there not even thinking how well they will perform on actual content and Coop. Like, why Grendel even exist, the next Warframe, Protea I think, can't see the usefullness in her kit at all in a Coop content, not even normal missions.

On 2020-03-20 at 6:14 AM, Jackdarsan said:

Won't work. Where would the 90% be able to queue for an "afk leech" role?

6 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

same system like in wow would help. you can select play regular matchmaking or select new system:

1 tank/buff + 1 heal/buff + 2 damage dealers

No it wouldn't, because any half-decient player going in to a mission is already a tank, healer, buffer and nuker.

One more reason - any specific and focused role is irrelevant. Tanks don't actually tank, healers are made irrelevant by operators, buffers are nice, but ultimately useless, debuffers (and CC) rarely have purpouse, so what reason is there for those roles?

This isn't an MMO.

Edited by Ver1dian

On 2020-03-24 at 2:51 AM, Battle.Mage said:

same system like in wow would help. you can select play regular matchmaking or select new system:

1 tank/buff + 1 heal/buff + 2 damage dealers

The issue is, everyone has fixated that there is not set role in Warframe. This could be easily resolved with  selecting which frame you are wanting to play or if you are creating the group, can restrict which frames you want to join your group. 

I.e. if i want to start a ESO group, i can be Trin and restrict which frames can join me just like how in recruit chat currently your would say 'H ESO, need .......). 

Or even more simply a Lich/Murmur farming group, would simply set how will host and the others will simply just join. 

It's nice to see others understanding and also wanting this.