Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Why Are You Retiring The Gorgon?

Xana_Skullsunder

Heya, it's Xana the Gorgon fanboy again. I don't get why you guys are shelving this weapon. The design is cool, and fits with Grineer thinking: "hit it with as many bullets as possible and to hell with subtlety."

I know it's vastly inferior to the Soma, and arguably the Supra (Whether players agree seems to depend on what the think of the travel time for the latter), but this seems odd. Why not just make it usuable again? You don't need to make it into the next big primary, just give it something to be better at than the other 2 guns it shares a category with. 

And it can be obtained from login reward already maybe? I don't now

this is one reason it's not truly gone and there are plenty of weapons to use while working up to the mastery rank you will need to get the soma which is basically a gorgon replacer from a tenno point of view.

The Gorgon would be cool if it interacted well with armor 2.0; I feel like it should melt armored targets just fine, being a Gorgon and all.

Against something like Infested, the spool up time is less than desirable. And against Corpus, take an assault rifle and call it a day.

Would that not make it stand out?

I have 6 or more bps of Gorgon I believe - it's pretty time consuming to always sell all your unused BPs, since you can only sell on of a single stack at a time (you can sell from multiple stacks but you can't set how much you sell from Gorgon Blueprints for example - so you have to select it from the X page every time and press sell and ok).

Anyways I don't see Soma as a much better gun. Critical is higher but damage wise it's pretty weak, way weaker than Gorgon or Supra, and barely faster so there is not much of a problem there and together with it's accuracty I would say it's a weaker but more accurate machine gun - quite good and I don't have a problem with it.

Supra is way stronger than Gorgon though and I don't think that traveling time makes this reasonable - since it filles the area with holes anyways and the effective range is not that huge, meaning the flight-time isn't much of a factor.

Buff Gorgon damage a bit and leave it in the market :) it feels too good to be taken out while I don't really wish to see another Snipetron Vandal. That gun is vastly superior to any other (maybe Strun Wraith can stand up to it...). Unique weapons with some difference or unique ability to their originals are fun and worth of getting but simply making a gun way stronger than any other will only make it a common sight just as common as complaints about the game being easy - since this gun can kill anything, pretty damn fast. Of course I rarely use it but if it's a "hard" mission I always bring her out - I don't think it's right to have an easy answer for such situations. What's the meaning of the other guns if you always know that no matter the mission, that single gun is the best choice? It kills diversity and tactics.

Imbo of course.

____________  _ _  ____________

They really shouldn't be removing any weapons, period. I suppose DE just finds it easier to remove redundant, underperforming weapons and keep introducing new, overpowered ones rather than rebalancing things. Expect this to become a cycle.

It rings some bells but let's hope not.

____________  _ _  ____________

WotV_logo_gold_small.png

Edited by K_Shiro

Anyways I don't see Soma as a much better gun. Critical is higher but damage wise it's pretty weak, way weaker than Gorgon or Supra, and barely faster so there is not much of a problem there and together with it's accuracty I would say it's a weaker but more accurate machine gun - quite good and I don't have a problem with it.

I'm not sure if you're serious, as the critical stats make the Soma's damage superior to almost every automatic rifle in the game. Then again, Corrupted mods do create significant changes, but no calculations have been made yet.

Hahahahaha oh good one.

Oh wait you're serious?

I like the way you think!

2x the gorgons for 2x the fire rate, 2x the recoil, 2x the inaccuracy and 2x the rambo.

What if... equipping Dual Gorgons slowed movement speed but made the user immune to stagger? Then there should be two specific mods for Dual Gorgons only. The 'Sheer Manliness' module makes the Tenno receive 50% less damage when firing the Dual Gorgons, and the 'Cinematic Destruction' module gives each shot fired a 7.5% chance to explode(use with caution)!

They really shouldn't be removing any weapons, period. I suppose DE just finds it easier to remove redundant, underperforming weapons and keep introducing new, overpowered ones rather than rebalancing things. Expect this to become a cycle.

Don't forget!  The new weapons all have to require forma and 20,000 spores in their build costs.  Plus you'll have to go into certain missions to find random drop items to craft an item to allow you to go to another mission where you do the same thing again which lets you eventually get to the final area where you'll have a 0.005% chance of getting each of the 4 blueprints necessary to build the weapon.  And once DE sees enough players using it, they'll nerf it claiming it is for balance reasons and 6 months later they'll remove it entirely when they have another weapon created to replace it.

Don't forget!  The new weapons all have to require forma and 20,000 spores in their build costs.  Plus you'll have to go into certain missions to find random drop items to craft an item to allow you to go to another mission where you do the same thing again which lets you eventually get to the final area where you'll have a 0.005% chance of getting each of the 4 blueprints necessary to build the weapon.  And once DE sees enough players using it, they'll nerf it claiming it is for balance reasons and 6 months later they'll remove it entirely when they have another weapon created to replace it.

Why I smell WoW in this logic?

It's an old weapon, and there are better ones out now. The only problem I have with it, is it's loadup thing that it does before it reaches it's maximum firing speed.

As for Supra, I can't @(*()$ hit S#&$ with it. It'd be nice if they either buffed it's accuracy, or made a mod 'accuracy +%' because it's accuracy is horrible.