Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any word on Inaros rework ?

White_Matter

19 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Don’t sound like very good reasons.

You can elaborate or I can play your game.

They sould like very good reasons.

34 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Yes, he is, and no, you cant. But I bet it's easy for you to play make believe. 

1) arguably best tank in the game because he doesnt rely completely on abilities that can run out or be nullified and how "lazily" he can tank. 

2) pocket sand is great CC and great for increasing melee damage. And its spammable. Being able to attack blinded enemies with a melee weapon while not getting pulled into finishers and getting the stealth damage bonus is significant. 

3) his 4 is solid. Especially with augment. 

4) between finishers, devour, and his 4, practically every enemy you run into is a walking health pack if you need it to be.

His only bad ability is sandstorm. And there are plenty of other warframes that have 1 (or more) niche or straight up bad ability yet are considered by almost everyone to be top tier. Like mesa. 

There are several warframes FAR worse off. Frost (eclipsed by limbo for defend the thing missions. Eclipsed by other frames for everything else.) Nyx (still bad) chroma...

I never mentioned anything about his strength or his tanking capabilities. Nor I said anything about getting rid of his 4, 1 and 2.

So you either go back and re-read the op, or just don't post anything else and waste my time here.

2 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Why would inaros need a rework? 

read the op

Edited by White_Matter

Let's be honest, inaros is the laziest frame out there.  Just a walking (massive) pile of health.   He's boring af but ideal for all those who want to play the game while watching Netflix.

Inaros players telling others to "git gud", ha, what a laugh.   Go do 2 hrs in mot with banshee and no arcanes. 

Hahaha you saying inaros needs a re work is laughable combined with you being a arse at every ounce of criticism and being super defensive.

he is a tank and that’s ALL there is to him, you think DE was thinking “CC!” When they gave him one of the tankiest stats in the game?

thats inaros, sit and watch the enemies shoot you. If every frame that got boring for doing it’s thing got re worked then I don’t what to tell you . Activate your scarab armour , and sit. He does not need a re work there’s worse frames out there. We might as well rework frost cuz all he does is freeze enemies, might as well rework gara cuz all she does is smash glass, might as well re work ember cuz all she does set things on fire and so on 

get off your power hungry high horse, he does his job and stop whining 

Edited by (PS4)Kamil-the-KamiKa

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Of course other Warframes need reworks as well, but we're not talking about them, we're talking about Inaros.

yes I know but it isn't "time" yet for inaros get a rework because no one want give a head shot or either use other mods to do healing but yes I know he have to be  "soon" for a rework..  For I don't have any thoughts how he is going get rework but it just feeling that they should buff his throwing sand more power for the temporary being because no one want use all his abilities and find it useful for they only find his last ability more useful then anything.  Then this is where the time start to do the rework and thought of it out a bit further because I know ppl don't want Inaros's 4th ability a rework at all.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

1 minute ago, ChaoticEdge said:

yes I know but it isn't "time" yet for inaros get a rework because no one want give a head shot or either use other mods to do healing but yes I know he have to be  "soon" for a rework..  For I don't have any thoughts how he is going get rework but it just feeling that they should buff his throwing sand more power for the temporary being because no one want use all his abilities and find it useful for they only find his last ability more useful then anything.  Then this is where the time start to do the rework and thought of it out a bit further because I know ppl don't want Inaros's 4th ability a rework at all.

Holy word salad Batman.

Your opinion on whether it's "time" or not for Inaros to receive a rework doesn't really apply here, all people are doing is discussing changes they'd like to see Inaros receive or if he even needs any changes to begin with. Inaros may never even receive a Rework for all we know, but talking about what could change is fun. 

Also, no, people do use other healing options other than Inaros. There's Mods, Arcanes,Warframes and even some Weapons that heal you now.  I'm not sure why you're assuming people in general use Inaros for straight up healing instead of facetanking.

Just let people talk about it, what's the harm?

Just now, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Holy word salad Batman.

Your opinion on whether it's "time" or not for Inaros to receive a rework doesn't really apply here, all people are doing is discussing changes they'd like to see Inaros receive or if he even needs any changes to begin with. Inaros may never even receive a Rework for all we know, but talking about what could change is fun. 

Also, no, people do use other healing options other than Inaros. There's Mods, Arcanes,Warframes and even some Weapons that heal you now.  I'm not sure why you're assuming people in general use Inaros for straight up healing instead of facetanking.

Just let people talk about it, what's the harm?

Ohohoh you don't know the half, if you go to region and chat say "Who want Inaros rework" some of them will say "no" in some what ways which there is possible chance there is 27% ppl doesn't feel that way which you will have other increasingly rate might say the same way because "human" beings will put fear into others saying "what happen they made Inaros suck like they did with vauban of all of his update" for they said they "did rework him multiple of time".  This started with vauban's story which no one knew about except for me for study in the past and painfully re-reading all the lost threads ( *crying slowly* oh my humanity) there were result of hint of "Fear" of changes and birth of "Grief" then "Emptiness" as again felt like it was rewalk of story "Pandora Box" you know what I am saying?

At the time being we have to wait what the crowds how they feel and not demand single room isolation group and only few people know about this (100s,1ks, or millions may do know or does not know the same time) for it is better to bring people to the forum more by encouraging them to attend for "rework" that is needed to be attended.  The fact is why is that so is getting the right men for the job to do it.  Even we could assume group of 10 people could do it it doesn't mean it is going fly for this is why grabbing much groups can be compared is the right a number of facts for that is "Stonks" (not the bombardment, but market meme stonks).

Just now, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

To be honest, no I don't.   Not at all.  Can't make head nor tale of it.  Complete word soup. 

Sorry if that hurt your head for this is what happen you skip poetic class in your highschool days which if you don't jump those good poetic and in a ways metaphor including parables then you get confused like medieval ppl that doesn't know how to read English properly.  At least you guys should get more people on the thread instead of single group chat away in their box to see who has best idea how to rework him alone.

1 minute ago, (PS4)TrollyThyTrinity said:

adaptation +  scarab augment makes him a lazy tank , put those aside your need your passive. 

as far as his kit yea it could some touch ups. "touch ups" not a rework 

See this is reason why that why said just buff him.

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

I never mentioned anything about his strength or his tanking capabilities. Nor I said anything about getting rid of his 4, 1 and 2.

So you either go back and re-read the op, or just don't post anything else and waste my time here.

read the op

You wanted to tell me "my points are so easy to refute" and that he isnt a top tier frame. And seemed to reject the idea that he doesnt need a rework. 

And I just explained why. 

And rather than act like a rational adult you resort to throwing a condescending hissy fit. 

So, you can either make a reasonable point for a change or continue throwing a hissy fit. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

and that he isnt a top tier frame.

Conjecture.

And seemed to reject the idea that he doesnt need a rework.

Yes, but not because of the reasons you mentioned, bcause of the reasons I mentioned in the OP, which you haven't adressed AT ALL.

And I just explained why. 

And rather than act like a rational adult you resort to throwing a condescending hissy fit. 

So, you can either make a reasonable point for a change or continue throwing a hissy fit. 

Like I said, I don't want to waste my time here, so either go re-read t he op or stop posting.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well of course you think they’re good reasons. You’re the one who made them. You have a bias.

You have a bias too because you think they aren't good reasons.

Edited by White_Matter

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Inaros is a frame that still performs incredibly well and is still widely considered a top tier frame. Why would DE ever rework a frame that’s not even mediocre?

It doesn't change the fact that his abilities can be improved, not to make him stronger but to make the gameplay aspect better.

His 1 and 2 can be combined into a single ability, hold to perform 2, otherwise 1. 

His 3 can be discarded entirely because it is 100% useless.

And his 4 can be improved in the sense that it can be made less clunky. Nullfier bubbles and such can reduce a percentage instead of take away the whole thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Yes, he is, and no, you cant. But I bet it's easy for you to play make believe. 

1) arguably best tank in the game because he doesnt rely completely on abilities that can run out or be nullified and how "lazily" he can tank. 

2) pocket sand is great CC and great for increasing melee damage. And its spammable. Being able to attack blinded enemies with a melee weapon while not getting pulled into finishers and getting the stealth damage bonus is significant. 

3) his 4 is solid. Especially with augment. 

4) between finishers, devour, and his 4, practically every enemy you run into is a walking health pack if you need it to be.

His only bad ability is sandstorm. And there are plenty of other warframes that have 1 (or more) niche or straight up bad ability yet are considered by almost everyone to be top tier. Like mesa. 

There are several warframes FAR worse off. Frost (eclipsed by limbo for defend the thing missions. Eclipsed by other frames for everything else.) Nyx (still bad) chroma...

Welp, let's break these down one by one.

1) Saying he doesn't rely on his abilities as much as other Warframes is a bit of a stretch. Inaros very much relies on the spammability of Desiccation and the armor buff from Scarab Swarm to stay alive, especially as levels rise and his giant Health bar becomes less and less  impactful. He's considered a lazy tank because his abilities are more "set it and forget it" than say Chroma or Trinity, but he still relies on his abilities just a much as other Warframes. The only real difference is that he doesn't need to activate his defensive ability as often, especially with Scarab Swarms' Augment. 

2) The issue there is that Desiccation is Inaros' only real CC and damage, and the damage is only really there because it's a Blind, not due to the raw ability damage itself. Inaros does have other abilities that are very clearly meant to deal more damage outright, like Sandstorm, but outside of their very basic uses these abilities deal very pitiful amounts of damage. Inaros could do with some buffs in the Ability Damage department, to help him out when he's not just spamming Melee.

3) Yes, Scarab Swarm performs its primary function well. Its healing is pretty decent and its CC ... well it can be very spotty, but when it works, it works well. However, this doesn't mean it couldn't do with a few tweaks still. Having Inaros' healing get reduced in effectiveness as levels rise doesn't really make much sense when his form of defense is so minuscule later on, so why not have Scarab Swarm and Desiccation ignore enemy defenses entirely? That way, Inaros' healing will stay consistent despite the enemy level, and will only be reduced through normal means (Disruptors, Nullifiers, etc.). Why not go further and improve SS' infection range? 5 meters is quite tiny when it can't be increased and there's no way for Inaros to pull enemies into a single pile, so why not make it 8 meters to help it spread easier? SS also fails in the damage department despite being an Ultimate ability, and while its primary function is healing, the more damage SS deals, the more it heals Inaros and his allies. It'd be best for it to deal Viral damage and maybe even cause Viral Procs if enemies affected are hit by Desiccation, as synergy is always nice. Now that buffs Inaros' DPS in general while making all of his abilities more effective while not directly changing how anything in his kit works at a fundamental level.

4) Very true, and I'll try not to go over my previous point, but Inaros' issue isn't really his survivability, at least at the beginning. It's his raw ability damage, lack of synergy and failure to remain tough at higher levels that is the issue. Enemies can be mobile Health Packs all they want, but if enemies keep getting tougher and more resistant to Inaros' healing without the units that are specifically designed to do that, it hurts Inaros in the long run for really no reason. Inaros shouldn't have to focus entirely on Melee to really deal damage with his kit, you should be able to run Power Strength on Inaros and have it matter more in general.

Also, Frost is not "far worse off" than Inaros just because Limbo exists. Limbo is easily shutdown by Nullifer units and is somewhat better than Frost at defending objectives like Mobile Defense or Interception. He slows down other mission types and is very rarely preferred over Frost for that reason. Unlike Inaros, Frost actually offers more to the team with his Augments and offers nigh infinite defense with Snowglobe, something Inaros cannot obviously do. Frost requires some Ability Damage buffs himself, but that's really about it. It'd be better to compare Warframes in the same job field, like Rhino and Inaros, as they're both tanks focused around CC.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

It doesn't change the fact that his abilities can be improved, not to make him stronger but to make the gameplay aspect better.

His 1 and 2 can be combined into a single ability, hold to perform 2, otherwise 1. 

His 3 can be discarded entirely because it is 100% useless.

And his 4 can be improved in the sense that it can be made less clunky. Nullfier bubbles and such can reduce a percentage instead of take away the whole thing.

Yeah you see. The second you try and diminish the impact of nullifiers your ideas are dead. Because they’re supposed to completely disable abilities, and removing that from them just makes their existence redundant. So DE isn’t going to do that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JohnKable said:

i like him as a walking health pool 🙂

The prime is very likely to be next, pretty sure the rework will come with the prime. Honestly the only ability that is in a good state is its 1: quick and decently ranged and inexpensive cc that also opens for finishers.
His 2 is meh, his 3 is a bad joke and i dont even bother using his 4 since like forever.
I like the concept of scarab armor that trades health with utility, i just dont think the result its interesting enough and definitely not even worth it (since you are definitely packing armor and health mods on him, so that extra armor is barely relevant)

I see the faults but honestly i typically only use his base ability to heal and his sand tornado.

If i need a tanky frame inaros is my go to as is. Minor tweaks is all he needs.

Technically nezha is before inaros.  But de could change the order. And we have 3 plus months.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

1) Saying he doesn't rely on his abilities as much as other Warframes is a bit of a stretch. Inaros very much relies on the spammability of Desiccation and the armor buff from Scarab Swarm to stay alive.

I've been playing Inaros for a few years now and i can say for sure that i don't rely on Desiccation spam (i haven't cast that one in the last 2 years or so) and it's not the end of the world if i lose Scarab Armor buff, it's there for the status immunity (knockdown/back, radiation and now self stagger). I can always spend a few seconds to cast it again. You get your health back anyway, so you only lose a bit of time.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

2) The issue there is that Desiccation is Inaros' only real CC and damage, and the damage is only really there because it's a Blind, not due to the raw ability damage itself. Inaros does have other abilities that are very clearly meant to deal more damage outright, like Sandstorm, but outside of their very basic uses these abilities deal very pitiful amounts of damage. Inaros could do with some buffs in the Ability Damage department, to help him out when he's not just spamming Melee.

Every single ability is a powerful CC, even Sandstorm that toss around the enemies. If you want more damage, you have to look elsewhere because we are talking about a tank frame, not a damage dealer.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah you see. The second you try and diminish the impact of nullifiers your ideas are dead. Because they’re supposed to completely disable abilities, and removing that from them just makes their existence redundant. So DE isn’t going to do that.

Not necessarily. Nullifiers are very spotty when it comes to what they do and do not do. Some Warframe abilities can hurt the bubble, some can't. Excal can, Mesa can't. Some abilities are completely shut down, others are not, look at Nekros' and Atlas' minions.

Nullifers can still be very strong in the sense that they completely negate damage and CC abilities, but having them also completely remove defense abilities is a little much, considering how high enemy damage scales. DE really should tweak them a bit, at least so they can be more consistent.

8 minutes ago, Afte3rDark said:

I've been playing Inaros for a few years now and i can say for sure that i don't rely on Desiccation spam (i haven't cast that one in the last 2 years or so) and it's not the end of the world if i lose Scarab Armor buff, it's there for the status immunity (knockdown/back, radiation and now self stagger). I can always spend a few seconds to cast it again. You get your health back anyway, so you only lose a bit of time.

Every single ability is a powerful CC, even Sandstorm that toss around the enemies. If you want more damage, you have to look elsewhere because we are talking about a tank frame, not a damage dealer.

Well this argument doesn't make any sense.

You completely ignored the second half of that sentence, "especially at higher levels". As in, Inaros doesn't struggle with general gameplay, he struggles with survivability as the levels rise. I completely understand that Inaros works well in general content, that's why he's one of the most used Warframes. That doesn't mean his scaling issues don't exist, and really have no reason to exist.

Tankframes can also deal damage while still being tanky, I'm not sure where this kind of idea comes from. Rhino, Trinity, Hildryn, Chroma, the list goes on. Just being a giant meat shield isn't really enough to cut it when Inaros has abilities focused around dealing damage that don't deal damage.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

I can tell you for sure that Inaros doesn't have any problem surviving high level content (160+).

If you can tell us what you mean by "higher levels"...

Here's how i see it:

You have a frame that is among the best tanks in the game, it has some really powerful CC and can heal. Now you want DE to make him a damage dealer too? What's the point of all the other frames if one frame can fill all roles?

Edited by Afte3rDark

16 minutes ago, Afte3rDark said:

I can tell you for sure that Inaros doesn't have any problem surviving high level content (160+).

If you can tell us what you mean by "higher levels"...

Let's just rephrase that to "enemies with higher damage" then, as that's more what I'm specifically talking about. So Kuva units in Kuva Floods and beyond, for example. Since Inaros' healing starts to falter due to higher enemy Armor and Shields (Scarab Swarm deals Corrosive damage, so it's already at an inherent disadvantage against the Corpus), it becomes harder and harder to keep Inaros alive with his kit alone. Most other healing options do not decrease in strength as enemy levels rise, so I see no reason for Inaros' to do so.

Yes, Inaros is always going to be tough. His Augment for Scarab Swarm exists as well, and that has helped Inaros immensely. He still lacks in the raw Ability Damage department and has his healing become less effective, making him harder to keep alive for no real reason.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog