Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Avoid Arbi

13 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I don't have that many arcanes, only the cheap ones from the Teralyst and what you get from Nightwave.

And with mods - i don't wanna talk about it here - at least not outside of DM.

At this point, I'm much too scared to just jump in.

I don't have much in the way of arcanes either. I don't do eids, so the only arcanes I use are victory and rage, which I bought ages ago.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb zakaryx:

Just solo them with literally any stealth frame.

It's impossible to die as loki if nothing ever actually shoots at you. Grab your favorite melee weapon with a nice hybrid build and go try a survival mission.

Hybrid builds  are that new meta, right? I mainly build my weapons regarding which stat is higheer at default; crit or status. Add in some elemental mods, maybe Stretch and/or reach and that's mostly it for me.
And if status is good enough, I also take in Condition Overload.

As for Loki, I never used him outside of spy or occasionally conservation.

Practice.

You say you don't go solo past Jupiter.   Go further and test yourself.   That's the only way you will learn, you can't rely on being carried through everything past level 30.

Go to one of the higher planets, choose a dark sector survival, take nekros and your best melee.   See how far you can go.   You'll probably surprise yourself. 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Miser_able:

I don't have much in the way of arcanes either. I don't do eids, so the only arcanes I use are victory and rage, which I bought ages ago.

I mainly have Grace and Energize to put on my frames. My other arcanes are mainly those I bought from Onkko or Zuud.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XB1)Hyperion Rexx:

Practice.

You say you don't go solo past Jupiter.   Go further and test yourself.   That's the only way you will learn, you can't rely on being carried through everything past level 30.

Go to one of the higher planets, choose a dark sector survival, take nekros and your best melee.   See how far you can go.   You'll probably surprise yourself. 

THe highest I've ever soloed was survival on Kuva  Fortress - for nightwave. And I wouldn't have made it without my Nidus (it's also both times where I met my Lich larvlings, which is why both weapons I've got so far are toxin).

Just now, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I mainly have Grace and Energize to put on my frames. My other arcanes are mainly those I bought from Onkko or Zuud.

I don't own either of those so you got one over me there.  You don't really need them either.

Move away from rhino.  His iron skin becomes a crutch and if you don't notice it's gone, you're dead.   

vor 7 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Hyperion Rexx:

I don't own either of those so you got one over me there.  You don't really need them either.

Move away from rhino.  His iron skin becomes a crutch and if you don't notice it's gone, you're dead.   

I'm generally into frames that can eat a lot of damage; that have either DR or self-heal. Aside from Rhino, I also like Valkyr, Wukong and Nidus.
Never really been much for the more frail frames like Volt, Banshee or Nova.

3 hours ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I simply don't trust myself with Arbis without faceplanting a few seconds after coming into the mission.

I know I have some issues with the game in certain areas (some of them I'm not talking about in an open post)

And again, this is not meant as aking for help, just to let this out.

So what is the point of this thread again ? Are you telling others to avoid, because you can't do them ? Not really getting it.
Besides, arbitrations, for me personally it's my favorite game type.

Edited by Fellas92

vor 1 Minute schrieb Fellas92:

So what is the point of this thread again ? Are you telling others to avoid, because you can't do them ? Not really getting it.
Besides, arbitrations, for me personally is the favorite game type.

I did preface my post with how it was meant to be. I didn't even especially ask for any sort of advice, just that I appreciate people giving their 2 cents.

Tank frames are great, the three you listed are among my faves.

Face tanking bombard rockets only gets you so far though.

Nova and banshee can also tank btw, while at the same time giving insane damage buffs, especially banshee.   

Put a balanced build on banshee with decent efficiency.   Then use her 2 and her 3.   It can get a bit silly.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Hyperion Rexx:

Tank frames are great, the three you listed are among my faves.

Face tanking bombard rockets only gets you so far though.

Nova and banshee can also tank btw, while at the same time giving insane damage buffs, especially banshee.   

Put a balanced build on banshee with decent efficiency.   Then use her 2 and her 3.   It can get a bit silly.

I don't talk about builds outside DMs tho. Because very time I do, it gets me some heat because people don't really like my views on how to mod frames. Which also means pretty much come up with builds all on my own (I usually don't use 'pro builds' either).

And for example with Nova, the way I mod her, she isn't really tanky and the way to change that goes against my ideas for how to build frames.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I don't talk about builds outside DMs tho. Because very time I do, it gets me some heat because people don't really like my views on how to mod frames. Which also means pretty much come up with builds all on my own (I usually don't use 'pro builds' either).

And for example with Nova, the way I mod her, she isn't really tanky and the way to change that goes against my ideas for how to build frames.

It's your frame and up to you how to mod it, but if you don't like to take advice or have your builds critiqued, there's not much anyone can do to help.

For nova, get the augment mod for her first ability, that's it really.   You can do a slowva build but that depends on if you want to slow everything down to a crawl - generally not appreciated in most pub missions unless for something like interception.   Definitely don't use a slowva in survival or defence lol.

You're the one saying you have trouble with higher level content, probably 60+ by the sound of it.   That isn't high level tbh.   Maybe try and find an experienced player in game who will talk you through some builds because if you want to feel comfortable doing arbi's, I think you'll need to take some friendly advice and maybe try making a few changes.

Up to you though.

If you're worried about your usefulness when pugging, use support Warframes. Wisp prevents people from dying (mostly) and buffs damage, Oberon Renewal saves people every 90 seconds, and heals the Operative in defense missions just for a couple examples.

Edited by Yamazuki

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Hyperion Rexx:

You're the one saying you have trouble with higher level content, probably 60+ by the sound of it.   That isn't high level tbh.   Maybe try and find an experienced player in game who will talk you through some builds because if you want to feel comfortable doing arbi's, I think you'll need to take some friendly advice and maybe try making a few changes.

I've been through this, but the talk got stuck at the same point, no matter who I talked to. There is just one point I can't get past. And talking about that point usually makes people annoyed with me sooner or later.

47 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Hybrid builds  are that new meta, right? I mainly build my weapons regarding which stat is higheer at default; crit or status. Add in some elemental mods, maybe Stretch and/or reach and that's mostly it for me.
And if status is good enough, I also take in Condition Overload.

Just slap on weeping wounds and bloodrush to basically any melee weapon with 15% or higher status/crit. Build viral and go hit E while using condition overload. That will carry you through 99% of the content in the game.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Hyperion Rexx:

ou can do a slowva build but that depends on if you want to slow everything down to a crawl - generally not appreciated in most pub missions unless for something like interception.   Definitely don't use a slowva in survival or defence lol.

I've mainly used her for Interception. That was the reason why I made a loadout with her in the first place. For anything else, the build I feel best running on her is just too squishy, especially on those higher levels.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb zakaryx:

Just slap on weeping wounds and bloodrush to basically any melee weapon with 15% or higher status/crit. Build viral and go hit E while using condition overload. That will carry you through 99% of the content in the game.

For some weird reason, I've never really considered those mods in any of my builds tho.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

For some weird reason, I've never really considered those mods in any of my builds tho.

Take Kronen prime for example. At 12x combo you go from 22% crit 34% status baseline to: 167.2% crit 224% status with 2x 60/60 mods.

Blood rush and weeping wounds are even better than they used to be after the status and armor changes. Slap on condition overload and you shouldn't have any issues in arbs.

Just don't run into nullifiers

10 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

They're 2 of the strongest mods in game!  With condition overload u have the holy trinity of scaling damage.

Don't get hung up on just having the biggest numbers possible on your stat screen.   Learn the best damage types to use.  What status and crit actually mean.   What your combo counter means.   

vor 12 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Hyperion Rexx:

They're 2 of the strongest mods in game!  With condition overload u have the holy trinity of scaling damage.

Don't get hung up on just having the biggest numbers possible on your stat screen.   Learn the best damage types to use.  What status and crit actually mean.   What your combo counter means.   

I've been focusing on direct stats because it's more tangible.

It's more "If I take this, my weapon packs a bigger punch and I can see it already in my stats. for me instead of "If I use this, this happens when I do that other thing." It does feel like I'd hoping for some randomm stuff to happen without really being able to fathom if it'll work out (that's the benefi of larger numbers for me).

I also haven't changed any of my weapon builds since the melee rework

1 minute ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I've said it before, to me, Loki is good for spy, but for endless missions a bit too squishy. I they manage to get me, I'm dead. With a more durable frame, I can take a few hits until that happens.

Yeah im not a fun of the loki pick, if youre with pubs, theyll get you killed, and if youre alone, a single mistake will cost you the mission. Have you tryed any of the braindead op frames? Like gara for example? Shes got, dmg, cc, dmg resistance, basically all you need.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I've said it before, to me, Loki is good for spy, but for endless missions a bit too squishy. I they manage to get me, I'm dead. With a more durable frame, I can take a few hits until that happens.

Ok.

This entire thread:

• Like 1