Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I defend against Sentients?

alicode1111

Question

14 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, alicode1111 said:

I take too much damage from them and can't focus on shooting.

I know of applying weaknesses and removing them with void.

Now been serious, you need to move, hit and move when you see the disco ball, that lasers hit hard sometimes and like some one else asked, what frames do you use, what weapons?

Well first and foremost welcome to the forums tenno hope you will enjoy your stay ^.^ 

What frame do you use because some frames are not made to take heavy hit that may be the reason why you can't focus.

What weapons do you use ? I find some weapons with good aoe helping a lot against pressure of being attack by enemies weapons like arca plasmor and stuff like that where you just need to shoot in their average direction ^.^ 

For scarlet spear in particular?

You can use Nova with high strength (check how much you need to reach the capped amount of slowdown) and duration to slow them down and provide double damage against them.

Mesa can be quite nice for them as she can have easy damage output and damage reduction, but at the later stages in space she does need help (limbo, nova, frost, buffs, something...).

Various other warframes can be used to give yourself some buffs or tankyness... you could start by saying what you currently have.

Sentients use ferrite armor so you can use corrosive to get 75% bonus damage against them, however they're immune to status procs.

Paracesis can reset their resistances and kill them well enough.

Skiajati has umbra mod slots so you can use those mods to get some bonus sentient damage, but paracesis is better because of the damage res reset.

58 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

impact , explosives, cc effects work to stun them 

Sentients are immune to procs last I checked.

Edited by HunterDigi

1 minute ago, HunterDigi said:

For scarlet spear in particular?

You can use Nova with high strength (check how much you need to reach the capped amount of slowdown) and duration to slow them down and provide double damage against them.

Mesa can be quite nice for them, but at the later stages in space she does need help (limbo, nova, frost, buffs, something...).

Sentients use ferrite armor so you can use corrosive to get 75% bonus damage against them, however they're immune to status procs.

Paracesis can reset their resistances, operator's amp can also do the same but that won't also damage them a lot like paracesis can.

Skiajati has umbra mod slots so you can use those mods to get some bonus sentient damage, but paracesis is better because of the damage res reset.

Sentients are immune to procs last I checked.

not fully they gain a  stack resistance quick though.. , also a quicker recovery from cc/control powers 

i actually find nekros fun via terror and as he can summon them via shadows

(example, nyx mindcontrol will get a  shorter and shorter time on sentient units if repeatedly used on them)  

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

1 hour ago, alicode1111 said:

I take too much damage from them and can't focus on shooting.

I know of applying weaknesses and removing them with void.

First, present the context, like...

• What the hell of a Warframe are you using?
  • Where the hell are you engaging Sentients?
  • "The Sacrifice" quest status?

... Stuff like ^ that ^... It may not look like "context" is important for the subject of this thread, but it actually is because it helps us help you.

Edited by Uhkretor

All Sentients are weak against corrosive damage. It strips them of their armor. I usually have that in my loadout at all times as it's quite helpful (as well the Corrosive Projection aura mod from Nightwave), but since they adopt to damage over time. I would try to have other types of damage (slash, blast ect) alongside corrosive.

I would look on the Warframe wikia for each Sentient type is weak to what. Corrosive damage is what saves me, when fighting them.

Edited by QueenofYandxre