The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear Squad Reinforcement Is A Scam

IllogicalLogic420

6 hours ago, Aldain said:

Because DE is VERY bad with numbers.

They have proven that many times over, especially with the initial Empyrean Grind.

I love DE's creativity, but their utter disregard for any sense of proper numeric application makes me weep.

What’s this answer? It’s not what I was looking for

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

What’s this answer? It’s not what I was looking for

It's sadly the only one I've got for ya.

There really isn't any other way to explain why 75k only heals 500 than "DE is REALLY bad with numbers".

Any other reason would likely be either outrageous (DE wanted people to waste credits to give them value again) or utterly insane (Nef Anyo hacked the console and added an extra zero to the price).

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

It's sadly the only one I've got for ya.

There really isn't any other way to explain why 75k only heals 500 than "DE is REALLY bad with numbers".

Any other reason would likely be either outrageous (DE wanted people to waste credits to give them value again) or utterly insane (Nef Anyo hacked the console and added an extra zero to the price).

I see. I’ll keep wondering then 🤔, and looking for an answer . Your opinion has been noted

• Like 2

On 2020-04-11 at 8:25 AM, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m wondering how this all works? 🤔 Why is it 500 instead of a full heal? Why is it 75,000 credits instead of free?

Got the event but friends aren’t ready so I haven’t tried it yet. I’m wondering how this is all balanced. Is 75,000 credits easy to get? Does that 500 add up over time?

Is the intent to have multiple people contribute after weighing 75,000 credits against other credit sinks, and if the health provided was too much would it be too easy? 

From what I can tell during three days of gameplay, it's meant to be a casual assist only. Unless you're playing solo, it's not easy for the sentients to take out your oplinks. DE must've known this and nerfed the healing factors to increase the difficulty. People are complaining about a seriously zero issue. Between the defensive frames, healer frames and how quickly four oplinks can send data, I think it would be extraordinarily extreme overkill to regain high health of the oplinks.

1 hour ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

From what I can tell during three days of gameplay, it's meant to be a casual assist only. Unless you're playing solo, it's not easy for the sentients to take out your oplinks. DE must've known this and nerfed the healing factors to increase the difficulty. People are complaining about a seriously zero issue. Between the defensive frames, healer frames and how quickly four oplinks can send data, I think it would be extraordinarily extreme overkill to regain high health of the oplinks.

Thank you! An objective observation of the impact of the healing and the cost is what I was looking for, and you’ve given me an impression of the healing part.

Hrm, regarding the cost, I’m under the impression that a player weighs 75k credits between helping others and helping themselves. My interpretation of the intent is “If you got the spare 75k and don’t know what to do with it, send it another player’s way to help them out a little”. What do you personally feel about the cost?

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

20 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Thank you! An objective observation of the impact of the healing and the cost is what I was looking for, and you’ve given me an impression of the healing part.

Hrm, regarding the cost, I’m under the impression that a player weighs 75k credits between helping others and helping themselves. My interpretation of the intent is “If you got the spare 75k and don’t know what to do with it, send it another player’s way to help them out a little”. What do you personally feel about the cost?

I also think the cost is pretty high versus the benefit. However,  my credits are in the millions so the percentage is in the 0.0X range so it's not a huge deal. Honestly, I think DE thought of it as a small added touch to the overall "resistance" narrative, giving even those who can't fight some way of contributing support while earning a few scarlet credits for the generosity. I like the idea but I also understand how players could feel a bit cheated over the amount of 500health points offered...although I haven't verified myself.

• Like 1

It is NOT a 500 health heal.

It is, from my own observations, at least a 3000 health heal, of which 500 can temporarily exceed the maximum health of the OpLink (20000 -> 20500) as a measure of not having an overzealous support drop completely wasted on 1hp lost.

Whether 3000 is more palatable is another question, but it's just a credit sink. Most of us barely notice 75000 in the grand scheme of things. Nobody's making you drop it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

It is NOT a 500 health heal.

It is, from my own observations, at least a 3000 health heal, of which 500 can temporarily exceed the maximum health of the OpLink (20000 -> 20500) as a measure of not having an overzealous support drop completely wasted on 1hp lost.

Whether 3000 is more palatable is another question, but it's just a credit sink. Most of us barely notice 75000 in the grand scheme of things. Nobody's making you drop it.

An alternative observation is great! I wish @IllogicalLogic420 had answered my question on where they got their initial information from 😞 . If it came from their own singular biased observations, I feel doubly uncomfortable using unverified healing numbers in my musings. I hope more data points are added, I’d be quite interested to know what the end result is

What did happen to me though, if it wasn't delayed due to all the other incoming transmissions from the mission, is that I got a support by someone when we had already finished wave 17 and were on our way to extraction. That might need some double checking into.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

An alternative observation is great! I wish @IllogicalLogic420 had answered my question on where they got their initial information from 😞 . If it came from their own singular biased observations, I feel doubly uncomfortable using unverified healing numbers in my musings. I hope more data points are added, I’d be quite interested to know what the end result is

It was probably judged based on the overheal amount alone, since it's harder to ascertain visually what's getting healed, if it's still getting hit otherwise. I recall a moment where a lapse of control had left me at some ~16000 health on a link, recovered control then got a support drop and had ~19000 by next deployment.

• Like 1